• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

News about the '17/'18 Mountain Collective Pass

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
LOL I think your Mt can handle crowds if there are ever any?? maybe on a holiday week?
I'm SUPER Excited.
No I"m not done skiing this winter but I can't wait to start planning next season.. woo hoo!! My non skiing DH suggested I should rent a condo out west for a month.. HMMMMMMM
We've had record attendance this season, and weekdays have been WAY busier than ever before. That being said, when the entire mountain is open and it's a powder day, the 3000 acres spread people out pretty well!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We've had record attendance this season, and weekdays have been WAY busier than ever before. That being said, when the entire mountain is open and it's a powder day, the 3000 acres spread people out pretty well!

cool.. we need action to keep these passes low cost!! wondering what's the record # that came? how many thousands? inquiring mind wants to know

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
LOL I think your Mt can handle crowds if there are ever any?? maybe on a holiday week?
I'm SUPER Excited.
No I"m not done skiing this winter but I can't wait to start planning next season.. woo hoo!! My non skiing DH suggested I should rent a condo out west for a month.. HMMMMMMM

I keep talking to my bosses about the semi retirement thing, so this week I floated the working remotely idea by them as well....maybe you need a roommate for that condo out west???? :wink:

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
yes, i hate buying this early in the season - mr.albertanskigirl REALLY hates it. it's hard this far in advance too because we don't necessarily know conference schedules, work etc...it's really hard to predict.

but we decided we're going to make a decision this weekend!

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know, it's hard to decide so far in advance. Especially for the MCP you have to pick your third bonus day when you buy it, so you pretty much have to know where you want to go like a year in in advance! I'm a planner by nature so it's not too bad for me, but it's still tough to be 100% certain so far in advance.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Yes! Mammoth!

Cat's out of the bag now! Just don't know when, though I'm thinking the latter part of March, since Mammoth generally has a pretty long season.
As long as it's before the mountain starts closing areas . . . late March (after the 15th of the month) would be nice timing for us, just sayin'.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Uggg I agree deciding this early is so hard. And since my home mountain is Mammoth having Diva West there won't help me decided to get MCP or not. Last year it was a no brainier but now I'm not sure.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
We're on the fence because two of our home mountains are on the collective – and I think it would be worth it to get at least one collective pass in order to get the $1 children's pass for DD. we still would have to go on vacation to at least one other destination however, and that's what we're trying to decide on now. If Whistler was still on it it would be a no-brainer. so we're looking at other possibilities - maybe slc, or a trip to aspen snowmass.

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh decisions,decisions.Yurp or America next year(leaning towards America) and had thought of revisiting Vail etc. and now that Whistler is on the Epic Pass and Denver to Vancouver is a 3 hour flight..mmmm...I'd be coming for a month again so 10 days at Whistler followed by Vail and Summit County is beginning to sound compelling.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I keep talking to my bosses about the semi retirement thing, so this week I floated the working remotely idea by them as well....maybe you need a roommate for that condo out west???? :wink:

Yes! I am also trying to finagle as much time off as possible

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Ok, we did it today. SO and I bought mountain collective passes, and we got the $1 pass for DD. We figured that now that sunshine and Louise are split up, the fact that it includes the shuttle, and we'll use at least the revy tickets - it's worth it. We actually did the numbers on all of this, and it looks like the MCP will be the best for us next year, despite not travelling much. We usually do a combination of season pass at sunshine or Louise, plus a sunshine marmot card, or Louise plus card - but the versatility of both mountains on one pass, and the 50% off should definitely be good. Not to mention that DDs pass is going to save us several hundred dollars. So, we'll use the Louise, Sunshine and Revy tickets...and we're considering maybe a romantic adult ski safari to Utah next February! But we'll have to wait and see how next season's budget shapes up for that...

And now that we have MCP - perhaps diva west might be in the cards....

mustski

Angel Diva
Uggg I agree deciding this early is so hard. And since my home mountain is Mammoth having Diva West there won't help me decided to get MCP or not. Last year it was a no brainier but now I'm not sure.
Upgrade to the higher level Cali pass. it won't give you any free days at MCP resorts, but it does get you 50% off at all of them.

The MCP is becoming more and more attractive for our ski safari - first winter after retirement! One or two more years to go. I was leaning toward the Epic pass and I still am, but MCP is food for thought for sure.

kc.sydney

Certified Ski Diva
MCP for sure. Tentatively planning a ski road trip. Fly into Denver. Ski Aspen/Snowmass (two days), drive to Telluride (2 plus bonus day), drive to Taos (2 to 3 days) and back to Denver. Seven days of MCP there. Throw in a SLC trip and its another 6 days of the pass.

Jen

Certified Ski Diva
Do you guys know if you have to use the pass on consecutive days? I'm committed to taking two trips out west to make this worthwhile, but I'm not firm yet on the details so I don't know where to pick the bonus day. I'm thinking of doing it at Sugarbush knowing I can use that, but it would probably be on two different trips to VT. Is that allowed?

Does anyone else struggle to make your vacation plans a year in advance...? The pass seems worth it though!

alison wong

Angel Diva
Do you guys know if you have to use the pass on consecutive days?

I'm thinking of doing it at Sugarbush knowing I can use that, but it would probably be on two different trips to VT. Is that allowed?

Yes, you can use it on separate days, NO NEED to be on consecutive days. I did it with my MCP pass in Stowe the season before.
Yes, it is a super good deal. w/ Snowbasin and bonus day, you can essentially ski 7 days in UT in 1 trip.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Do you guys know if you have to use the pass on consecutive days? I'm committed to taking two trips out west to make this worthwhile, but I'm not firm yet on the details so I don't know where to pick the bonus day. I'm thinking of doing it at Sugarbush knowing I can use that, but it would probably be on two different trips to VT. Is that allowed?

Does anyone else struggle to make your vacation plans a year in advance...? The pass seems worth it though!
The only requirement is that the included days must be used first. That only becomes a consideration for someone who flies somewhere in time to ski in the afternoon of arrival. For instance, Alta has a PM ticket that starts at 2:30 so using the MCP that day is usually not cost-effective, assuming the MCP holder plans to ski at Alta enough days to use all the included ones.

No limit on how many additional days at 50%.

Reactions: Jen

marzNC

Angel Diva
Status bar has gone to LIMITED STOCK as of 3/17/17. Some Liftopia customers got a discount code for $10 off the MCP for a limited time (a week?). Could be that the lowest price will be gone by the end of March. The $1 kid MCP was gone by mid-April last year.

Tvan

Angel Diva
The MCP is becoming more and more attractive for our ski safari - first winter after retirement!

I announced to Mr. Tvan that my first winter of retirement plan is to get the MaxPass and see him on the weekends. I'm going to retire 10 years before he does. :smile:

Jen

Certified Ski Diva
The only requirement is that the included days must be used first. That only becomes a consideration for someone who flies somewhere in time to ski in the afternoon of arrival. For instance, Alta has a PM ticket that starts at 2:30 so using the MCP that day is usually not cost-effective, assuming the MCP holder plans to ski at Alta enough days to use all the included ones.

No limit on how many additional days at 50%.

Thanks, that's good to know!

Yes, you can use it on separate days, NO NEED to be on consecutive days. I did it with my MCP pass in Stowe the season before.
Yes, it is a super good deal. w/ Snowbasin and bonus day, you can essentially ski 7 days in UT in 1 trip.

Utah definitely looks like the best value for this pass. Unfortunately I can't string 7 days together since I'm a teacher, but that sounds like an awesome trip!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna