• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New Women's Snow Pants Brand - Kickstarter

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Question for Maria re: measurements. I'm an AU14 but a fairly lumpy one with a bit of a sticky-out tum; my major beef with pants is them digging in the front when I bend. Would you recommend sizing up and adjusting down to take care of this, or is the waistband flexible enough that it's going to move with me so I would buy my normal size?

mitsiktity

Certified Ski Diva
Question for Maria re: measurements. I'm an AU14 but a fairly lumpy one with a bit of a sticky-out tum; my major beef with pants is them digging in the front when I bend. Would you recommend sizing up and adjusting down to take care of this, or is the waistband flexible enough that it's going to move with me so I would buy my normal size?
Hi Eera!

I have a 'pouch tummy' myself.

I think two things to consider - the pant are a mid rise, so sit just under your belly button roughly, so tends to 'hold it all in' so to speak....

The more important measurement is your hips/bum because the adjustability in the waist - so I'd be more leaning towards sticking with a 14.

Given the construction of the pants being made with 4-way stretch material, and having the two stretch panels on each side, they are more flexible and haven't proven to be an issue with digging in so far.

mitsiktity

Certified Ski Diva
I didn't get pants (I'm in the market for a highly waterproof/breathable insulated bib, but already have 4 pairs of ski pants despite only skiing 20ish days per year) but committed to a hoodie and a bunch of extras (scraper, sticker, keychain) instead! I like the idea of having a softshell hoodie for spring and for general wear.
Thank you for your support - I really appreciate it! :smile:

marzNC

Angel Diva
It's going to be close in terms of making the goal. Remember that no funding happens if the goal isn't reached. I'm hoping that won't be the case. I want a pair of these pants for the 2021-22 season!

Latest Kickstarter update:
Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 9.54.11 AM.jpg

marzNC

Angel Diva
Only need three more people to pledge to reach 200 Backers. Hope that can happen today with about a week to go.

Maria did a lot of market research before she started working with a designer to come up with snow pants that would include all the desired features. She got input from a few hundred women according to the article by MissSnowItAll, who covers Australia/New Zealand skiing.

marzNC

Angel Diva
There are more detailed pictures in a recent Update.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Yippee! Over the goal with a few hours left.

The Late Bird price of about $200, with shipping, is still available. Retail price will be $190 (AU$259), without shipping. Free shipping in Australia.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
Pledged!

My weird problem with snow pants is the zipper keeps undoing itself an inch or two. Come to think of it, I have this problem with regular pants too. :noidea:

mitsiktity

Certified Ski Diva
Wooohooo!!! We hit goal! :D :D
Thanks to all the ladies who got behind this!

And yes - about 9 hours to pledge if you want to snag a pair, very cheap! :smile:
Thank you so much for all the support here! <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly