• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New Women's Snow Pants Brand - Kickstarter

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
These look absolutely awesome, won't be produced by time time I get away but I've pledged a pair for the 2022 season. The got me at "stretchy and really adjustable" Oh, and the snack pocket - it's like they know me.

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Hey ladies - someone pointed me in the direction of this thread - thanks for sharing the Kickstarter! This is my baby!!

Would be happy to answer any questions!

Welcome!

How did you come up with the vent location? What happens if someone falls in deep powder? That's probably the most unusual aspect of the pants that I noticed.

mitsiktity

Certified Ski Diva
Welcome!

How did you come up with the vent location? What happens if someone falls in deep powder? That's probably the most unusual aspect of the pants that I noticed.

I suppose a combination here.... personally, I'm always struggling around my thighs, and felt the zips straight down the inside were chunky and uncomfortable. I have seen some hiking pants that have similar located vents, and I thought it was brilliant. Not in the way, not bulky as it's spread down the leg. And not really any bigger of a risk on snow getting in when you fall than normal really.

marzNC

Angel Diva
These have 8 pockets... All deep, all good for snacks.
Is there a clip in one of the pockets? Mainly for holding a car key.

At my home hill, which is pretty small, one time I saw two young men in instructor jackets poking around in the leaves where the chairlift passes over trees between a couple trails. When I shouted to ask what they were looking for . . . the answer was "car key." :smile:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looks like it's about $25 for shipping to the U.S. Even so, the Early Bird price is under $200. About 100 left since it's a limited Reward. I just pledged for a pair.

For those unfamiliar with Kickstarter, credit cards are not charged unless the goal is reached and not until after the campaign is over.

mitsiktity

Certified Ski Diva
Is there a clip in one of the pockets? Mainly for holding a car key.

At my home hill, which is pretty small, one time I saw two young men in instructor jackets poking around in the leaves where the chairlift passes over trees between a couple trails. When I shouted to ask what they were looking for . . . the answer was "car key." :smile:
There is indeed!

Attachments

• Features2.jpg
    Features2.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 11

marzNC

Angel Diva
With two weeks to go, not quite enough momentum to be assured that this Kickstarter for women's ski pants will make the goal. Need to get over the hump since still just under 50% funded.

knolan12

Angel Diva
Thanks for bumping @marzNC ! Was just thinking something similar, reminder to pledge if interested! I'm going to need a new pair of pants this winter so really hoping it can be these haha

marzNC

Angel Diva
There are 55 pairs of pants left at the Early Bird price, which is about $20 less than the Late Bird Price. Assuming the Early Bird and Late Bird rewards get taken, the regular pledge is about $200.

For those unfamiliar with Kickstarter, credit cards are not charged until the campaign reaches it's goal.

marzNC

Angel Diva

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I didn't get pants (I'm in the market for a highly waterproof/breathable insulated bib, but already have 4 pairs of ski pants despite only skiing 20ish days per year) but committed to a hoodie and a bunch of extras (scraper, sticker, keychain) instead! I like the idea of having a softshell hoodie for spring and for general wear.

marzNC

Angel Diva
There are 55 pairs of pants left at the Early Bird price, which is about $20 less than the Late Bird Price. Assuming the Early Bird and Late Bird rewards get taken, the regular pledge is about $200.

For those unfamiliar with Kickstarter, credit cards are not charged until the campaign reaches it's goal.
Only 1 Early Bird left with about 10 days to go.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I enjoyed this interview with Maria that happened in April 2021 before the pandemic shut things down hard in Australia. Unfortunately the 2021 Australian ski season is also being impacted by COVID-19, although so far the ski resorts have mostly been able to stay open even as Delta is spreading in multiple Australian states.

Ticker News interview

marzNC

Angel Diva
The process of developing pants that fit lots of different heights and shapes is pretty tough. Here's the comments about the tweaks needed after Prototype 3 was tested in Australia in late June 2021.

Here's the goal that Maria posted in a blog entry from Oct 2020:

"We want to help the short, the tall, the skinny, the curvy, the plus size, the apple shape, the mum tums, and, the bootilicious women of the snow world fit into their most comfortable and well-fitting pants. But we can't do it without your support. "

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly