• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New skis: Nordica Santa Ana 88

AnnaCH

Diva in Training
Hello, new here !!!
I’m in Switzerland, love skiing! Get about 30 days a season. 44, 5’4, 140lbs, athletic but missing an ACL in one knee since last year (so far not an issue, being skiing 20 times this season with just a compression sleeve.)
I have 3 pairs of skis:
Rossignol Pursuit 18 Élite for carving on piste (2015), R 14 m, 156, 76 wide. Very good carving, stable at high speeds. OK on moguls as quite short but useless in powder, off trail. These are the ones I use the most.
Scott Rosa 2010, R 14 m, 168, 86 wide, which I take out when there's fresh snow (not that often !), but find too long for maneuvering in short spaces
2017 Movement Balance in 161 with touring bindings only used for touring.
I enjoy carving on groomers but definitely like to go off trail, moguls when fresh snow. Unfortunately most of time I get hard pack, sometimes icy followed by afternoon slush especially later in the day.
So after reading many reviews and posts on your forum I bought Nordica Santa Ana 88 in 158 which will hopefully replace my Scott’s and be my main pair. Took advantage of a 30% off sale on ski and binding. Hopefully I made a good choice ... didn’t want anything wider due to use on groomers and my knee....
They just came today and am looking forward to start using them. No fresh snow forecast anytime soon, so will be probably be hard pack+slush as first test
will keep you posted!!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! I'm a Santa Ana skier, as well, and I think they're terrific. Let us know when you get out on them. We'd love to hear your report.

Jilly

Staff member
I have a pair sitting in the closet. Haven't had them out yet this year. We're too icy and I want my Rossi Hero's for that. May change this weekend though....

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a pair sitting in the closet. Haven't had them out yet this year. We're too icy and I want my Rossi Hero's for that. May change this weekend though....
I’ll be curious to hear your thoughts. I wish I had kept my 2020s. I didn’t realize I’d miss that extra sheet of metal, but I do.

BMR

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am 44, 5’8”, 155 lbs, and own the SA 88s in the 165 length. They are my only pair for all conditions here in the NE. They do very well in variable conditions and are nice and stable. Ice? Ehhh, I survive it, but not sure it’s the skis.

AnnaCH

Diva in Training
Hoping to test them this weekend! No fresh snow and quite warm, but also curious to see how they deal with these conditions. I keep wondering if I’ve chosen the right size though

AnnaCH

Diva in Training
So I finally got them on the snow. Hard snow this morning. Quickly softened to spring slush this afternoon. Also took them on some moguls, I absolutely loved them and wouldn’t have preferred my old carving skis today. I had so much fun and could do whatever I wanted and it seemed so easy! I guess it’s a good fit !!! Now going to look for new boots.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I finally got them on the snow. Hard snow this morning. Quickly softened to spring slush this afternoon. Also took them on some moguls, I absolutely loved them and wouldn’t have preferred my old carving skis today. I had so much fun and could do whatever I wanted and it seemed so easy! I guess it’s a good fit !!! Now going to look for new boots.
Yep, they’re really a fun ski! Glad you loved them!

Scribble

Angel Diva
I tried the SA 88's in 165 at Deer Valley last week and I'm in love! They're so stable and zoomie and fun! I'm very likely going to pick some up as soon as I figure out which bindings I want to go with. Still on the fence with whether I should go with a demo binding or not...I like the idea of having a more flexible mount point, and I tried them that way and liked them. I'm going to ask the shop if they'll sell me the ones I demoed.

I didn't get a chance to ski them in moguls, and seeing as I've been mostly skiing on my E84's this year, I'm worried that the SA's will feel lumbering there compared to what I'm used to. Can anyone invalidate my very slight concern? My wallet is itchy!

AnnaCH

Diva in Training
I put Marker Griffon 13 bindings on mine.
No problem in the moguls for me they are wider but so easy to maneuver, easier then my piste skis. But I took them in 158.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried the SA 88's in 165 at Deer Valley last week and I'm in love! They're so stable and zoomie and fun! I'm very likely going to pick some up as soon as I figure out which bindings I want to go with. Still on the fence with whether I should go with a demo binding or not...I like the idea of having a more flexible mount point, and I tried them that way and liked them. I'm going to ask the shop if they'll sell me the ones I demoed.

I didn't get a chance to ski them in moguls, and seeing as I've been mostly skiing on my E84's this year, I'm worried that the SA's will feel lumbering there compared to what I'm used to. Can anyone invalidate my very slight concern? My wallet is itchy!
What year E84s? The Santa Ana 88 turn radius is short. I don’t ski many moguls yet but they are quick to maneuver when I do.

Scribble

Angel Diva
What year E84s? The Santa Ana 88 turn radius is short. I don’t ski many moguls yet but they are quick to maneuver when I do.
Mine are 2019 I think? The green and orange ones. Pretty short radius, 13 maybe? They're very light and it's easy to hop around with them.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mine are 2019 I think? The green and orange ones. Pretty short radius, 13 maybe? They're very light and it's easy to hop around with them.
Got it. Those are probably really fun in moguls for sure. The SAs width will make them feel different, but their stability could very well make up for it.

Flyaway

Certified Ski Diva
I love reading this! I took my new pair to get the bindings mounted today and will be trying them out in Utah next week!

Scribble

Angel Diva
I did it, I bought them.

The shop wouldn't sell me the demos, but I got a discount on the last pair of 165s they had. Unfortunately, they didn't have the binding I wanted in stock so I'll be admiring the skis in a corner for a few days. I decided to go demo bindings and ordered the Marker Griffon TCX.

I can't wait!

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’ll be curious to hear your thoughts. I wish I had kept my 2020s. I didn’t realize I’d miss that extra sheet of metal, but I do.
Ahh, I seem to remember you initially thinking that the 2021 version was just as good as the 2020! Damn, that's a shame. Hope you're still having a blast on the 2021 SA88 though. I think about those skis a lot. I can still see them replacing the 2020 BP88 in my quiver :eek:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly