• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New skis: Nordica Santa Ana 88

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did it, I bought them.

The shop wouldn't sell me the demos, but I got a discount on the last pair of 165s they had. Unfortunately, they didn't have the binding I wanted in stock so I'll be admiring the skis in a corner for a few days. I decided to go demo bindings and ordered the Marker Griffon TCX.

I can't wait!
Enjoy!!!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ahh, I seem to remember you initially thinking that the 2021 version was just as good as the 2020! Damn, that's a shame. Hope you're still having a blast on the 2021 SA88 though. I think about those skis a lot. I can still see them replacing the 2020 BP88 in my quiver :eek:
They're still really fun, I just miss the added stability in real crud.

AnnaCH

Diva in Training
Took them out today after 20 cm fresh snow on top of groomed tracks. So everywhere was off trail today. Probably lack a little bit of flotation but as I only get to ski powder like this a couple of time a year it is more than enough. Very good too as the day wore on and the snow was tracked everywhere. New boots Atomic Hawks 105 where perfect! Old ones were bought more comfort and I could feel lack of precision, with the Atomics much easier controlling those skis. So for the moment I have found my one ski quiver and out my old stuff to sell.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Took them out today after 20 cm fresh snow on top of groomed tracks. So everywhere was off trail today. Probably lack a little bit of flotation but as I only get to ski powder like this a couple of time a year it is more than enough. Very good too as the day wore on and the snow was tracked everywhere. New boots Atomic Hawks 105 where perfect! Old ones were bought more comfort and I could feel lack of precision, with the Atomics much easier controlling those skis. So for the moment I have found my one ski quiver and out my old stuff to sell.
I'm enjoying the updates on these skis, so glad you're enjoying them! I have heard that they punch above their weight when it comes to powder and chop skiing, considering their width :smile:

I have the Hawx boots too, I seem to know a lot of people with those boots these days!!

newboots

Angel Diva
I'm late to this thread but - we're glad to have you, @AnnaCH - and an irrelevant trivia question: How many people know why Anna has CH on her username?

:welcome:

newboots

Angel Diva
She’s Swiss!!!

(My neighbor’s Swiss heritage helped me on that trivia question...)

You are quite correct! But why the letters CH? Extra credit for spelling it right!

newboots

Angel Diva
Thank you, @AnnaCH , for the opportunity to use your username as a teaching moment/trivia challenge!

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
@AnnaCH ... my neighbor is VERY proud of her Swiss heritage, so the whole thing made me giggle. She's a fantastic human.

It is funny b/c her maiden name is spelled ALMOST like Teuscher (chocolates) and I'm 100% sure it was an Ellis Island snafu during immigration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna