• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New Ski recommendation

rider

Diva in Training
I am currently on Black Pearls and am looking for a new all mountain ski. East Coast primarily Killington Mountain about 50 days/ year. I am 60+, 5' 2" 100 lb, and solid intermediate on trails, no glades. Just like to troll around.

Recommendation for a new ski greatly appreciated.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I am currently on Black Pearls and am looking for a new all mountain ski. East Coast primarily Killington Mountain about 50 days/ year. I am 60+, 5' 2" 100 lb, and solid intermediate on trails, no glades. Just like to troll around.

Recommendation for a new ski greatly appreciated.
Welcome! I'm about your size and in the same age bracket. When I was an adventurous intermediate sticking to groomers getting back to skiing a decade ago, I liked K2 and Rossignol skis in general, still do as an advanced older skier. Ended up buying the original Black Pearl @159 in 2012. Have liked the current BP88 @145 and @152 when demo'ing out west. It's quite a different design than the first version. Much improved for northeast conditions. I also demo'd the BP78 but for some reason don't like it as much.

The Nordica Santa Ana 88 is well worth checking out.

For more ideas, check out the comments from Divas who went to the Sunapee Ladies Day last March. It was great fun!

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/demo-day-at-sunapee-ladies-day-3-12-19.23810/

Lmk92

Angel Diva
My daughter and I love our Blizzard's. I got Quattros a couple of years ago and just adore them. They redesigned and created a new line called Alight. She has the pro version and loves hers, although she's still working on riding them correctly. She loves a challenge. I wouldn't recommend the pro version, but the intermediate version with the titaniums are definitely worth a try!

I had a lot of fun searching for my skis. I hope you get a chance to demo. I really enoyed it. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly