• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New ski film coming that offers advice for girl skiers.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
This looks interesting: There's a new movie looking for help on Kickstarter. It's called “Advice for Girls,” and it'll be a feature-length ski film that showcases the collective experience of women in the ski industry. Athletes will share the lessons they've learned from their experiences and pass on advice to the next generation of female skiers. The idea is to inspire women and girls to get involved in the ski industry. They're asking for support through donations on Kickstarter to cover production costs.

You can find out more here.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sounds more interesting than the movie title implies. One focus is to inspire girls ages 8-16 about skiing. They have about a week to raise another $10K in order to reach the goal of $40K before May 5.

April 19, 2023

From Kickstarter webpage
Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 10.59.12 AM.png

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is for teen girls?

I hope they make it exciting with lots of action shots as well as with candid ones of women doing all the other things associated with making a ski industry job their profession. Like putting on their boots. Or flying to destinations. Or selling skis at trade shows.

Please not a Q&A film with cameras on women sitting in a studio with microphones and cameras.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I hope they make it exciting with lots of action shots . . .
I suggest you watch the Kickstarter video before you make any assumptions about the type of documentary movie that these creative women and female athletes are in the processing of making. The money being raised is not so the project can start. It's so that the people heavily involved can be supported financially for a project they are fully committed to completing. They already have corporate sponsors as well.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can attest to how awesome in radically different ways three of the women are as I have known them for 23 to 16 years, as the youngest one is still in high school. Now all three did have the advantage of being born in ski towns and I suspect many of the ladies that are featured did as well. However, it is their way of giving back and receiving from a sport that they have dedicated their lives to. I can't wait to see the final cut!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna