• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

NEW Ski Carrying Device!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
This is by far the simplest way I have found to carry skis and poles. (Actually there is ONE easier way - relying on DH to carry my skis!!!)
But that doesn't always happen so check out this link.

https://thesteviestrap.com/

It's a small strap that fits easily into your smallest pocket. To carry your skis, you open it up, snap it to your poles, then wrap it around your skis. It's small but mighty!

Here's a picture:

IMG_20210220_144859069_1613861410271.jpg

Here it is on skis:

IMG_20210225_173201687_1614303175164.jpg

And this is how the skis are carried with one hand:

IMG_20210225_180047995_1614304949945.jpg

Note that they also make a wider version for real powder skis. Mine are 105 underfoot and the normal size works.

They are a small start-up company and would appreciate your support for this neat (IMHO) device.

Last edited by a moderator:

newboots

Angel Diva
Indeed, I paid more attention to the socks than to the device! Although I am interested in the device . . .

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That would be one solution. But on top of shoulders that don’t approve of skis on them anymore I also have very arthritic fingers on my right hand So that unit might be a problem. I got a strap set up so I can hang the ski over my shoulder like half a backpack. Amazon, of course! I leave it and my cat tracks locked to a ski rack. If anybody really wanted them of course they could get them. It just slows people down. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0787Z1S6G/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_CF7HS3YDB4Q5H7X95W8F?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sorry for the hijack!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Indeed, I paid more attention to the socks than to the device! Although I am interested in the device . . .

Glad you like my socks! You would not like my toes. Eventually I may need surgery (again!) to straighten them. I had such an operation about 8 years ago as part of my "Summer of Surgery" and unfortunately it was not a permanent fix.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
This is by far the simplest way I have found to carry skis and poles. (Actually there is ONE easier way - relying on DH to carry my skis!!!)
But that doesn't always happen so check out this link.

https://thesteviestrap.com/

It's a small strap that fits easily into your smallest pocket. To carry your skis, you open it up, snap it to your poles, then wrap it around your skis. It's small but mighty!

Here's a picture of what it looks like before it's deployed:

View attachment 14941

Here's a picture:View attachment 14939

And this is how the skis are carried with one hand:

View attachment 14940

Note that they also make a wider version for real powder skis. Mine are 105 underfoot and the normal size works.

They are a small start-up company and would appreciate your support for this neat (IMHO) device.
Wow -- that looks awesome, and very reasonably priced! Gonna check this out!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
very arthritic fingers on my right hand
My thumbs have been giving me all sorts of grief for years now. That ski carrying strap is pretty sweet too!

newboots

Angel Diva
Glad you like my socks! You would not like my toes. Eventually I may need surgery (again!) to straighten them. I had such an operation about 8 years ago as part of my "Summer of Surgery" and unfortunately it was not a permanent fix.

Ouch! So sorry to hear that! My friend needs surgery on her foot AND double knee replacements. Knee #1 is tomorrow.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Ouch! So sorry to hear that! My friend needs surgery on her foot AND double knee replacements. Knee #1 is tomorrow.

I had a TKR, rotator cuff surgery, and then had both feet "fixed" sequentially. I wrote a "Summer of Surgery" thread on SD and recently reviewed it and was amazed (and horrified!). Double knee replacement is tough. Good luck to her.

newboots

Angel Diva
Her feet have been so bad she hasn't been able to walk nearly as much as she used to. She got an elliptical and an indoor bike and never seems to get off of them! She is biking throughout every zoom meeting (and she is involved in many things that require zooming). All in an effort to be in her best shape before surgery. A good friend; I love her dearly. And an incredibly talented (former professional) singer. She blames her foot problems on the many years she wore high heels when performing.

SMichael08

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My thumbs have been giving me all sorts of grief for years now. That ski carrying strap is pretty sweet too!
As an aside, for those commenting about arthritis, I know this sounds wacky and I have no rationale for why it should work, but I have multiple family members who swear by their gin-soaked raisins. According to my mom, it takes about 2 weeks to notice a change, and she was just on the verge of chalking it up to an old wives' tale when her fingers started not locking up as much...

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/w...s-an-old-gin-and-raisin-remedy-for-arthritis/

https://www.verywellhealth.com/can-gin-soaked-raisins-help-arthritis-189147

newboots

Angel Diva
@Abbi - no more vodka martinis with olives! Time for a Tanqueray martini with (golden) raisins! I'm game, you?

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
right? I feel like that is a waste of good gin.

BTW, do any of you have rage bubbles? My friend and I talk about our rage bubbles and what unleashes them. I can’t have gin b/c then the rage escapes. Hers is tequila... Funnily, gin calms her, and tequila calms me.

Interesting that two botanical libations have such different effects, and I wonder if it’s biochemical/genetic.

newboots

Angel Diva
Now that we have thoroughly hijacked this thread, I have discovered another use for gin-soaked raisins!

From today’s NY Times:

“ This 105-Year-Old Beat Covid. She Credits Gin-Soaked Raisins.

Lucia DeClerck, the oldest resident of her New Jersey nursing home, tested positive for the virus on her 105th birthday, one day after her second vaccine shot.”

“Prayer. Prayer. Prayer,” she offers. “One step at a time. No junk food.”

“But surviving the coronavirus, she said, also may have had something to do with another staple: the nine gin-soaked golden raisins she has eaten each morning for most of her life.

“Fill a jar,” she explained. “Nine raisins a day after it sits for nine days.”

She has survived the Spanish flu and now Covid! She was diagnosed the day after receiving her second vaccine.

I am definitely in. <wink>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly