• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: New Powder Skis?

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@jcat Out of the skis she demoed she felt the Tace performed the best on hardpack, that was the deciding factor for her between her top two. I haven't demo'd any Centuries so I can't compare. The Trace has a fun plauful feel but it busts crud and handles the firm snow.

I wanted to edit my post about the Rip Stick it's 102 for womans fatest ski. That being said I used the 94 Rip Stick as my touring ski, surprising amount of float and for a fat ski, it carves well. Since you want a fat ski that can carve I would put that on your short list.

Are you able to demo ? Or looking to buy now?

jcat

Certified Ski Diva
I forget--what was her other top option?

I like that the Trace seemed to bust through crud. I was about to purchase the Liberty 106, but rethinking it. But maybe they're very similar?

I had been looking only at skis 105 and wider, but yes, I've heard about the Rip Stick and some other great ones. Hmm. I'd like to buy now...good prices...but thanks for that info, great to know!!

I'd get them in 164...I just think anything longer will feel too long, though my 167 Centuries probably had less rocker in them...??

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just saw this! I have quite a few pounds on you so I think probably the 164s would feel ok? Thats just a guess though!

jcat

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks, Kimmy. Going to see if my Centuries will be replaced through warranty (I'm guessing not), and then make a decision. Thanks for your help!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing