• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New Nordica boots

Latetotheparty

Certified Ski Diva
So, I finally bought a new pair of boots, focusing entirely on fit, brought them home today, wore them around the house, and generally loved on them. Have not skied on them yet. Still have a couple of fitting issues, but was overall happy. Then I read the name, which is printed on the boot, and all the other silly stuff that is printed on the boot, and I am feeling somewhat embarrassed by my choice. Nordica, FORCE 3 SPEED MACHINE. It seems to amuse my ski companions, because I am definitely NOT a speed machine- I am a fairly competent blue/ black groomer skier who is always trying to do better, but I am pretty damn sure that I will not be the next Lindsay or Mikayla.
I know this is all marketing crap- but, seriously, I feel a little foolish. Do they not understand that this kind of marketing is not helpful? Or maybe it is. I just know that I am not as happy as I was this morning. I may take a black sharpie to all the advertising on my new boots.

Jilly

Staff member
As @MissySki says....it's all about the fit. At least they are not bright orange?

The only time I really notice boots is when we're doing a course with 20 course conductors in the same suit. Then you need to rely on the size of the instructor, the colour of boots, maybe the helmet and goggles to make sure you're with the right group.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wore the speed machines for a few years. Had nothing to do with how fast I was(not!) going! Fit is the most important thing. Doesn’t matter what they’re called or what they look like just how they fit so you can ski better! :ski:

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
What Jenny said, and also … no one is reading your boots… they’re AT MOST coveting your top sheet, but NO ONE is reading and/or judging your boots.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I mean, the Tecnica Mach1 is definitely an impossible name to live up to....I'm never going to break the speed of sound!

Salomon

Certified Ski Diva
When I get back up the mountain in a couple of days I will go straight to my Nordica boots and see if they have a name :smile:. Who even knew that boots have names?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna