• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New movie The Farewell by Lulu Wang well worth seeing during limited run

marzNC

Angel Diva
For those who have seen the movie already but aren't of Asian descent or first-generation children of immigrants, this article explains small points that are easily missed on a first viewing. The first time I saw the movie the audience was predominantly people who clearly didn't need the English subtitles. There was far more laughter than the next time when most of the audience was less likely to have ever been to China or have Chinese relatives.

https://www.instyle.com/reviews-coverage/movies/the-farewell-cultural-easter-eggs

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice review. Yeah The movie surprised me. I was expecting a feel good movie and found It to be deeper, sad and poignant too, and that was what really made it shine for me.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's something that I'm still thinking and talking about a movie a week later. If you've seen it and want to spill your thoughts and feelings about it, I have a private conversation going with @marzNC about it that you're welcome to join. Just let either of us know and we can include you. I didn't want to be posting spoilers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna