• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Need to replace my 2013 Volkl Aura skis

danamac

Diva in Training
What do you ladies suggest? I have the 2013 Auras: 131/96/114 with rocker tip - camber - twin tip tail. I'm an advanced/expert aggressive skier and need to keep up with my 6'5" 220lb husband who likes to ski the crud! These skis have been great all over the mountain and I have always loved Volkls for their stability. I ski mostly at Telluride in the deep, crud, trees and bumps. I'd get new Auras, but I'm leery of the full rocker and no one carries them to demo. PS - I had 2011 Kenjas but dropped them for the Auras. I also have Line Sir Francis Bacons for true powder days - they are full rocker noodles and too bouncy for packed snow.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Kastles are indeed amazing crudbusters. Also try a Volkl 90Eight or 100Eight, if you can. I had a lovely lovely 26000 vert foot day last February at Telluride, tons of snow tons of trees, on my 100Eights. They really slice through crud rather than bash it. That said, they aren't the absolute greatest bump skis, but a good crud ski and a good bump ski are two different things. The bumps at Telluride are pretty good, though; I've only been a couple days there, but they have the reputation as being made by good skiers.

Jilly

Staff member
If you can demo, add in the Atomic Vantage 95C. I fell in love with this ski last year when I demo'd them at Whistler. It was even great on the snow packed groomers. Not nearly as stiff as my first generation Temptation 88's.

elemmac

Angel Diva
The Armada Victa 97ti, hands down was the best crud busting ski I’ve tried in the past few years. Super damp and stable, but still has a fun factor. They have two sheets of titanial, very similar to the Aura’s construction. Also a very similar rocker/camber/rocker profile like the old Aura’s. They ski very similar, but to me the Victa had that extra “something”.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
another Vantage vote.. and I am in love with my Z=90's Renouns.. they do it all.. (so far)

mustski

Angel Diva
I have the 2013 Auras - the hummingbirds with early rise tip and camber... and I LOVE those skis. The current Kenjas are similar to that version of the Auras though they are narrower at the waist and they do have a small amount of rocker in the tail. The 90eights are very close to the previous generation Aura but, again, they have tail rocker. I just bought the 90eights last summer. I only have a couple of days on them so far, but I like them VERY much. I haven't been able to try them on anything but groomers, but they feel very similar to me. I have demoed the Kenjas and the main difference I found is that the Kenjas seem to prefer shorter turns that both the Aura and the 90eights which like medium sized turns. I wanted the wider waist because they would be more versatile in SoCals strange conditions. I think you would find the 90eights to be a worthy replacement.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Armada Victa 97ti, hands down was the best crud busting ski I’ve tried in the past few years. Super damp and stable, but still has a fun factor. They have two sheets of titanial, very similar to the Aura’s construction. Also a very similar rocker/camber/rocker profile like the old Aura’s. They ski very similar, but to me the Victa had that extra “something”.
There's a pair on sale for $300 on here.https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/armada-victa-t1-93.21811/

danamac

Diva in Training
Thanks for your responses - I'm putting them on my list. Definitely can demo some of them here. Has anyone tried the new Nordica Santa Ana 100? This year the 2017/18 model has 2 sheets of titanal.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't shy away from the new Aura based only on the full rocker. It still has chops.

Another vote for the Invictus/Victa (I think I was on the 98Ti), Vantage 95, or 90Eight. Also add the Blizzard Bonafide to your demo/consideration list. I was blown away by the Bonafides - they could easily be my one-and-only ski (If I had to eliminate my quiver).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna