• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Need recommendation for skis, around 75 waist, kinda stiff.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I also have Kenjas (170) and this season I bought Liberty V76s in 165 (I have the unisex model but there's also a women's one). I absolutely love them! In short, fun and responsive yet solid and confidence-inspiring.

Unfortunately Liberty is discontinuing the V line but there are still some V76s floating around the web.
I have never been on any Liberty. I will look into them. Thanks so much.

teppaz

Angel Diva
The brand was new to me as well. I actually bought those skis without demoing (a first for me) because they were getting great reviews and the price was right — clearance sale on Sierra Trading Post: $200. Luckily the gamble paid off.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I have the Liberty V82 in the 158 (5ft 2" & 200+ lbs)- got them in Feb to replace my K2 Superstitious (very heavy) and skied them 4 times - loved them. I tend to go for stiffer skis and these had the stiffness but didn't tire my legs. Carved beautifully. Not much tip rocker so probably won't very good on choppy or mushy snow - but on hard pack/groomed surfaces - wonderful - they are fast either that or I'm fast - not sure which.

Soujan

Angel Diva
What are you wanting these skis for? Mostly frontside? Or something fairly versatile? I have a pair of Salomon S-Force Fever that are quickly becoming my go-to groomer skis that can dip off piste if I want due to the wide shovel. They will rail a turn and the tails are quite stiff (as are the Kenjas) so they really hold, and will launch you out of the turn in a good way! Caveat is they are 80 under foot, but the wide shovel and slight tip rocker makes them really fun in slush and more variable snow (which I skied a lot of yesterday.) They are a huge change from my Nordica Santa Ana 88 due to the square tail and lack of tail rocker, which is not a bad thing, as the SAs let me cheat exiting my turns a little too much sometimes. I have them in a 163, which is a bit long for me at 5'5" 125 pounds, but I'm adapting to them. The 156 I skied last season was a tad short. I'd love them in a 159/160. I did move the bindings back a click to make the tails a bit more friendly for me.

Now you have me looking at the S/Force Fever. I have the Head Wild Joy, which I love for how light and stiff they are. I've outgrown the Kastle LX 82. I find them too soft now. I was looking at the Head Super Joy as a narrower carving ski but the S/Force Fever seems more versatile.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now you have me looking at the S/Force Fever. I have the Head Wild Joy, which I love for how light and stiff they are. I've outgrown the Kastle LX 82. I find them too soft now. I was looking at the Head Super Joy as a narrower carving ski but the S/Force Fever seems more versatile.
They’ve been fun in spring slush, too! The tip makes turn initiation so easy. The tails do spank me sometimes, but I kinda need that. :laughter:I have the LX 82 and agree that they’re pretty soft.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
What are you wanting these skis for? Mostly frontside? Or something fairly versatile? I have a pair of Salomon S-Force Fever that are quickly becoming my go-to groomer skis that can dip off piste if I want due to the wide shovel. They will rail a turn and the tails are quite stiff (as are the Kenjas) so they really hold, and will launch you out of the turn in a good way! Caveat is they are 80 under foot, but the wide shovel and slight tip rocker makes them really fun in slush and more variable snow (which I skied a lot of yesterday.) They are a huge change from my Nordica Santa Ana 88 due to the square tail and lack of tail rocker, which is not a bad thing, as the SAs let me cheat exiting my turns a little too much sometimes. I have them in a 163, which is a bit long for me at 5'5" 125 pounds, but I'm adapting to them. The 156 I skied last season was a tad short. I'd love them in a 159/160. I did move the bindings back a click to make the tails a bit more friendly for me.

https://www.skiessentials.com/2021-ski-test/skis/2021-salomon-s-force-w-fever/
I finally had a chance to have a look at s/forceFever. Too wide of a waist for what I am looking for. Thanks though.

mustski

Angel Diva
I have the 68mm My Curv (2018 or 2019) and the 80mm My Mt Pro (2016 or 17). The My Curv's rip on groomed runs, very stable and fast. So much fun. The My Mt Pro's are not as thrilling as the My Curvs, but they are good skis.

I swapped skis with @mustski one day earlier this season, and she liked my Mt Pro's. Maybe she'll see this and share her impressions.

If you can find a used Kastle LX, 73mm, they're a lot of fun too. Not stiff, but fun.

Please let us what you try/buy!
I loved the My Mt Pro’s! They are a super fun ski. I love the Kenja too although I have never owned it. I am a huge Volkl fan and have skied Volkl - almost exclusively- for the last 12 years. Then I stepped into a Stockli! I won’t ever go back. I have the Stormrider 85 w and I’m hooked. They do everything well and made me a better skier. That said, I picked up a pair of 2019 Kastle LX 73 and I love them on hard/icy groomer days. I’m not gonna lie though- they are so easy to ski they make me lazy! They were discontinued when Kastle introduced the DX line for women. I don’t know how they compare.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I loved the My Mt Pro’s! They are a super fun ski. I love the Kenja too although I have never owned it. I am a huge Volkl fan and have skied Volkl - almost exclusively- for the last 12 years. Then I stepped into a Stockli! I won’t ever go back. I have the Stormrider 85 w and I’m hooked. They do everything well and made me a better skier. That said, I picked up a pair of 2019 Kastle LX 73 and I love them on hard/icy groomer days. I’m not gonna lie though- they are so easy to ski they make me lazy! They were discontinued when Kastle introduced the DX line for women. I don’t know how they compare.
Thanks so much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly