• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Need input for USA TODAY's 10Best Skiing/Snowboarding Readers' Choice Awards

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Once again, USA Today's 10Best has asked me to help provide them with nominees for this year's Skiing/Snowboarding Readers' Choice Awards. The categories are as follows:

Best Ski Resort
Best Apres-Ski Bar
Best Ski Hotel
Best Ski Town

So I thought I'd open it up to you guys, too. Who'd you like to see nominated? We have to limit this to North America (sorry Aussie/NZ-er's and Euro Divas). And I need input by October 17. They'll take the nominees and put it up for a vote in their digital edition. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jilly

Staff member
It's voted most years for best apres bar - Le P'tite Caribou @ Mt. Tremblant, Quebec.

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I always find the Best Ski Resort to be a tough one because it really depend on the snow. But just for the heck of if, I'll answer some if it's helpful, just based on my experiences (which are admittedly limited).

Best resort:

BC: Whitewater
West US: Snowbird
East US: Jay Peak

Best Apres-Ski Bar:

East US: Bar in the lodge at MRG

Best Ski Hotel:

BC: Hume Hotel, Nelson, BC
Eastern US: Green Mountain Inn, Stowe, VT

Best Ski Town:

BC: Nelson, BC

FWIW!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Of the places I've been recently, I think I liked Bend best as a ski town. Jackson Hole would be my second choice.

As for ski resort, Alta remains my favorite. Taos Ski Valley has become #2.

If Alta Lodge qualifies as a hotel, then that's definitely my favorite lodging. Had a couple women in my Ski Week group who stay at the St. Bernard (3 French meals included every day) and obviously think it's the best ski hotel in the U.S. They are part of a group who have been getting together at the St. B for the same week every year for quite a while. For me, the Columbine Inn is the best ski hotel for TSV.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can I have another vote under an alias LOL..
Yes to ALTA Goldminers for Resort hotel. After being spoiled at the Whistler Fairmont.. Thanks @Olesya Chornoguz that was tough to beat, they'd even help you put your boots on.

I picked Telluride because the town was so cool w/the Gondola right to the village and having the 2nd village on the other end of the Gondola nice too. and the terrain.. AHHHHH.. Plenty of walk to a lift and ski back to condo.

Alta is a great resort but since 'no town'- I went with Telluride Same w/Taos. LOVE the Mt but no town it's 30min away (like Lake Placid Great town but not 'at the Mt)

and my vote is also me being selfish if Taos/Alta get nominated then MORE People will be on the trails. I don't want that-- lol

marzNC

Angel Diva
I wish I had some input. Looks like east coast does not have the best places to ski...
Only in comparison to the Rockies. Since I live in the southeast, traveling to the northeast to ski is not my first choice. Just the reality of geography when it comes to trail length and the type of snow the prevailing weather patterns produce.

However, when it comes to ski towns, the northeast certainly has great places to offer. Lake Placid is my top choice based on where I've been. The Golden Arrow right in town is a family owned mini-resort that is wonderful, even has garage parkingl. Hoping to get a better feel for North Conway in Dec, because I've only driven through so far.

One of the reasons I want to ski Bretton Woods is to walk around the Mount Washington Hotel. Would probably never stay there but seems pretty impressive and luxurious.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna