• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

N New England, BIG SNOW coming

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Central-northern VT: 10-16" predicted, starts around 1 p.m.

Mountains of NH and western ME, per NOAA:
THE WINTER STORM WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 1 PM EST MONDAY.

SNOW WILL BEGIN ACROSS THE MOUNTAINS OF NORTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE AND WESTERN MAINE BEFORE EARLY AFTERNOON...THEN CONTINUE THROUGH MONDAY. THE SNOW WILL BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES DURING THE LATE AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT AND CONTINUE WELL INTO MONDAY. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 16 TO 24 INCHES ARE EXPECTED BY MONDAY AFTERNOON.
--------------
:snow:

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
we have a similar forecast --- 80km/hr winds 25-35cm tonight and 15 - 20 cm tomorrow (that's a possible total of about 18 inches)

WISH I was skiing! Hope you can get even with Mr. MSL on the DL!

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
WHOOPS! I didn't mean to say "get even with Mr. MSL" - I meant get out even with Mr. MSL on the DL:redface:

Amazing how one little word can chnage the whole context!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
^^^^ Ha! :laugh: Yeah, that. And after 11 days of relative inactivity/immobility on his part, I'm about ready to "GET EVEN." :boxing:

This was the day, a year ago, that I got clobbered, glad to sit this one out.....Need to stay 100% for next 3 weeks, so not sure of my schedule --- but have learned not to sweat the small stuff. Bigger fish to fry in our corner of the world right now. We've had 26 days in already, his mishap was on #27. It was great. Best pow day ever in NNE (for us) 1/18/09, will carry that memory along.

Life is good. Now time to get the man a new knee....(and get him back to work!)

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Boy, was I disappointed....stayed up til midnight waiting for this "Big Storm." :rolleyes: Probably had 2 or 3" when I finally caved and went to bed. Yeah, right. Another Big Miss.

Woke up at 5:45 to the sounds of snow blowers and plows.
22"
TWENTY-TWO INCHES

Gotta get busy! Will take 3 hours to dig out 145 feet from this one.
Pics pending!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
And 3 to 6" more before it's done!:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:

Pay dirt!
NH vacation week skiers, YOUR SHIP HAS COME IN.
GO GET IT!

Biggest single regional dump in 6+ years!!!! :yahoo:

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
woo woo! (except for the fact that you have to clean it up!) We are sitting at about 12" so far - it started snowing at around 2am here. We are supposed to have snow throughout the day with another 6-8 inches forecast!

YAY SNOW!!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Took us almost 4 hours, with 2 snow blowers (one of which lost its drive at the end! Minor repair) to get through the 145 feet of driveway. And DH with the knee/leg :( (hope he didn't make it worse.....) Still lightly snowing, bulk of storm behind us. On to rake the roof, lest it collapse....Could be up to 30" total if this light snow continues all day.

fatoots

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And 3 to 6" more before it's done!:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:

Pay dirt!
NH vacation week skiers, YOUR SHIP HAS COME IN.
GO GET IT!

Biggest single regional dump in 6+ years!!!! :yahoo:

Seriously. I almost cried all the way home in the car yesterday. Not that I didn't get treated to a snow day while I was there this week. I can't wait to get up there next weekend. The things this will do for the base for the rest of the season makes me smile from ear to ear.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
6:30 a.m., driveway, measuring 22" -- this fell in 5 hours
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
wow, awesome! Too bad I can't ski again till this weekend...I'm just hoping the predictions I'm seeing for the R-word on Friday go away...icy slops Saturday will not make for a happy "romantic" ski weekend :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna