• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

My ski days are on hold.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And MY days are on hold for a bit. I managed to have my skis slide out from under me on ice this morning. As I spun around, ending with my feet and skis, uphill I felt the right calf pull. I was able to lift my legs and swing the skis back downhill and I’m grateful to the man who stopped to help me up. I didn’t feel too badly at first. But I felt it when I got off the next chair. It tightened up and got worse as I went down to the base. The real fun was hobbling out to the car! Many thanks and my gratitude to the local health center for getting me right in. It is a calf pull. Somehow I managed not to wreck my knee or my ankle and I’m really happy about that! Not so happy about missing, however, long it takes to get this to heal up. Stay safe out there Divas!6AEECCEB-F480-4907-A7E8-B078DFF96161.jpeg9261421B-9941-4B63-B6E5-00BBC070F1B9.jpeg

shadoj

Angel Diva
@Abbi -- feel better and hope you heal up fast! Thank goodness it wasn't worse.

I chose not to go out skiing today. Pouring rain since the wee hours of the morning, and I felt the risk of injury wasn't worth it given the holiday skillset and conditions (plus, plenty of patroller coverage for the day). Have been watching skiing-related videos on YouTube instead, warm and dry and cozy!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
And MY days are on hold for a bit. I managed to have my skis slide out from under me on ice this morning. As I spun around, ending with my feet and skis, uphill I felt the right calf pull. I was able to lift my legs and swing the skis back downhill and I’m grateful to the man who stopped to help me up. I didn’t feel too badly at first. But I felt it when I got off the next chair. It tightened up and got worse as I went down to the base. The real fun was hobbling out to the car! Many thanks and my gratitude to the local health center for getting me right in. It is a calf pull. Somehow I managed not to wreck my knee or my ankle and I’m really happy about that! Not so happy about missing, however, long it takes to get this to heal up. Stay safe out there Divas!View attachment 20063View attachment 20064
Oh no..... hope you heal quickly.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Hope you feel better soon! Glad it wasn’t worse!

Did the doctor give an estimate of time to heal before going out again?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Thank you! I hope you get to ski! How ironic that there’s all that snow when you still can’t ski! As against here, where we seem to have ice. However, since I am laid up for a few days, it should snow! My possible gift to the local divas?! :injured:
Thanks ... finally going tomorrow for a few days. Then going again Jan 27 for 8 days..... there is over 300 inches of snow and probably more at the summit. It is finally supposed to stop raining tomorrow........ heard roads have been challenging and most resorts are only 50% open if that most of the time.
That should change soon, like maybe tomorrow.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hope you feel better soon! Glad it wasn’t worse!

Did the doctor give an estimate of time to heal before going out again?
It was given to me as a wait and see, and listen to your body instruction! The PA said it was likely to really hurt for the next two days and then we would see. She estimated at least a week. Unless I get really lucky which doesn’t seem to be happening to me this ski season! Ice is helping and I have gotten the calf up to heart height as suggested on the Cleveland clinic Google search I did.

MissySki

Angel Diva
It was given to me as a wait and see, and listen to your body instruction! The PA said it was likely to really hurt for the next two days and then we would see. She estimated at least a week. Unless I get really lucky which doesn’t seem to be happening to me this ski season! Ice is helping and I have gotten the calf up to heart height as suggested on the Cleveland clinic Google search I did.
That’s not bad, and definitely nothing crazy for snow in the forecast to miss! Better to heal up and ski the rest of the season.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Bummer! And I’m sure the East Coast Divas appreciate your courageous sacrifice on the altar of generating more snow.
:party:

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry to hear this and hope you heal fast. Had this injury about 15years ago, was able to start skiing after a week or so, but had to stick with greens the first several times out as my calf complained a bit!

marzNC

Angel Diva
And MY days are on hold for a bit. I managed to have my skis slide out from under me on ice this morning. As I spun around, ending with my feet and skis, uphill I felt the right calf pull. I was able to lift my legs and swing the skis back downhill and I’m grateful to the man who stopped to help me up. I didn’t feel too badly at first. But I felt it when I got off the next chair. It tightened up and got worse as I went down to the base. The real fun was hobbling out to the car! Many thanks and my gratitude to the local health center for getting me right in. It is a calf pull. Somehow I managed not to wreck my knee or my ankle and I’m really happy about that! Not so happy about missing, however, long it takes to get this to heal up. Stay safe out there Divas!
Sorry to hear about the calf injury.

I did something very similar a year ago on a groomer in West Virginia. I took it easy for a few days, which was tough because that was my annual week at Massanutten. My go to approach for injuries like that is weekly acupuncture and Yunnan Bai Yao. In my case, I felt okay to ski at Taos 3.5 weeks later. but I took it easier, specially in the afternoons when I skied groomers more than I usually do.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry to hear this and hope you heal fast. Had this injury about 15years ago, was able to start skiing after a week or so, but had to stick with greens the first several times out as my calf complained a bit!

fingers crossed that I can mimic what you experienced and not have to stay off it longer. Of course, this is the year with the upgraded IKON pass, an Epic local pass, and a lesson package all paid for! :redface:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna