• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

My first day!!!

Gratefulgal

Certified Ski Diva
So I had to come on here and share my joy.

As some may know, I grew up skiing Mount Snow, and this summer I came up to house sit and ended up getting a teaching job at Mount Snow and moving to Wilmington, Vermont.

Today was my first day on the mountain in over 30 years.

It was also my first time on the newer, shorter skis.

And.... it was so damned awesome!! ⛷❄️

I had gotten new boots this past week, the Technica Machs but they really hurt my toes the first run, so I went to our bootfitter Nick, who informed me I was in the totally wrong size. He switched me out to a Nordica and it was all systems go from there.

When I road up I felt my parents with me, and I was choked up the whole way. Once I got up and looked at the view it's like I never left. ❤️

I kept it simple and took two easy Long John runs down, but it's like it never went away, I smiled the whole way down.

I feel like I met some great life challenge I didn't even know I was meeting, and I am so happy right now. It just proves you are never too old to do what you love.

Thank you for letting me gush. I am so psyched that I work where I play, and it's only November!!

Hope to meet some of you if you ever come to Mount Snow!

Peace.

Attachments

• IMG_9155.JPG
    IMG_9155.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9157.JPG
    IMG_9157.JPG
    330.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9158.JPG
    IMG_9158.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 16

newboots

Angel Diva
Me, too! Smiling, that is. I spent many happy (summer) vacations in Vermont and NH as a kid, and I have those moments, too. I can’t drive by the Old Man of the Mountain without crying.

For those who don’t know, it was a very cool rock formation, high on a mountain, that fell down about 10-15 years ago. So many memories of my father, who vacationed there when HE was a kid.

Gratefulgal

Certified Ski Diva
Me, too! Smiling, that is. I spent many happy (summer) vacations in Vermont and NH as a kid, and I have those moments, too. I can’t drive by the Old Man of the Mountain without crying.

For those who don’t know, it was a very cool rock formation, high on a mountain, that fell down about 10-15 years ago. So many memories of my father, who vacationed there when HE was a kid.
I remember Old Man of the Mountain ❤️

I feel like I have gone back in time and something has shifted inside me.
I missed the Zen of Skiing so very much. I'm so grateful that the magic of my life led me back to Vermont, where I always said I would end up.

I am a believer of magic and synchronicity; when I went up on a hike to the Summit with the kids when I was first considering whether to take the position, once we got to the top, we were swarmed with dragonflies. I had been thinking of my mom and dad on the ride and missing them and wondering if they could see me.

Today on my way up I thought about how many rides I rode with my dad, and said a prayer to him.

Halfway down I stopped for a moment and an older man also stopped. He yelled over to me to ask if I knew if there was another lift running further off. I told him I worked at Mount Snow, and he told me it was his birthday and he was supposed to be skiing with his daughter but she couldn't get off. I told him happy birthday and that I had just been daydreaming of runs with my dad.
We skied down together. ❤️

I feel like all roads of my life led to here, and I am so blessed to have faced all my fears of moving up here by myself. No regrets, all is at it's meant to be.

Last edited:

newboots

Angel Diva
I also wanted to move back here. I went to college here, and stayed for a few years until driven out by a recession. 40 years ago! But it’s great to be back!

Gratefulgal

Certified Ski Diva
If I was in Jersey scraping off snow every day I would be miserable. I happily do it now every morning, and drive to work looking at the sun on snow and a river running through it. I feel home in this place and in myself, more than I ever have.

KBee

Angel Diva
So, so, happy for you! Thanks for sharing the joy. Totally get it. I also came back to skiing after time away, and sometimes at lunch I just want to yell, "YOU ALL KNOW HOW LUCKY WE ARE TO BE HERE?!" But that would embarrass the kid.

Nancy Schindler

Diva in Training
Congratulations on getting back to skiing and teaching ! Mt. Snow is one of my favorite mountains to do update clinics at, so much fun. How much snow did you guys get there in that last storm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly