• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Multiple Plane Ticket Packs?

NannyMin

Banned
I know that airlines used to sell packs of tickets to the same destination. Does anyone know of an airline that still does this? I'm thinking that it would make sense for me to do this for my multiple trips to Colorado next season! :smile:

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but Frontier has their hub out here and has been known to do some pretty wonderful deals! You might want to call them and see if they would do a package for you!

www.flyfrontier.com

ps....let me know when you're coming! I'll join you!!! :smile: I have yet to meet a Diva in person! :(

Yes, and Frontier now flies out of Bradley Airport (in between Hartford, CT and Springfield, MA) so for all of us Connecticut, Western (or Eastern) Mass., and Southern VT folks, we could meet up at Bradley Airport and hop a plane to CO together for a Diva Day at Winter Park or some other CO location!:D

OK....NOW I'M REALLY GETTING EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!! :D COME SEE ME!!!!!!!!!

NannyMin

Banned
Thanks NVG! I just emailed Frontier, hopefully they will work out something for me! I also spoke with jetBlue's marketing department and they are actually going to build a package! I'll let you know what the details are after I find out.

Ski Now Work Later...that sounds like blast let's get it planned!

I think that Jet Blue flies out of Boston, but Boston's a very busy airport and is pretty far for us Western MA and VT folks, so I'm inclined to stick with Frontier so I could fly out of Bradley.

I really want to try the Ski Train, but that would base me in Denver at night, which wouldn't be bad (I have cousins there and in Boulder too). Is A-Basin an easy drive from Denver? Maybe 1 day on the ski train and another day at A-Basin? Is there likely to be good snow in mid-December? This past December I watched the ski reports and conditions looked pretty sweet.

It would be fun for us out of town divas to get a suite at a hotel or something...

FYI, I lived in Boulder during the summer of 1979 when I was a college student and loved it. I skiied Vail a few times in the 1980s and Aspen mountain for a clinic in 1987 and that's where I got the big mountain bug. I was a lousy skiier then on those long, straight skis and never got beyond the snow plow (think hop and parallel). I skiied at Keystone in 1991 and then didn't ski again until December 2004 when I started skiing for real. As a kid, I always fantasized about getting married on top of a mountain and then skiing down after we were pronounced husband and wife, so I am finally fulfilling a life dream to be a skiier. After two weddings, I think I'm going to have to save that mountaintop fantasy for a re-commitment ceremony on an anniversary with my (snowboarder) husband and our 5 kids!

NannyMin

Banned
To be honest I have no idea how far Bradley is from Greenwich. Do you know?

A-Basin is about 1.5 hours from Denver airport (with no traffic or weather conditions). It definitely would be great to get suite. From what I've been told December conditions are typically pretty good.

Five kids! That's awesome. How old are they?

Greenwich CT? I would estimate that Bradley is not more than a 2 hour drive, possibly less, and not too much traffic. I'm not sure if you would take the Merritt to hook up with I-91 North. You could try Mapquest or Yahoo maps and check out the drive/distance.

I have two daughters from my first marriage -- 13 (7th grade) and 10 (4th grade). 3 years ago, I married a man who has 3 kids -- a 20 year old who lives in Western Michigan and visits on occasion (the only non skiier/snowboarder), a 13 year old girl (who has been a close friend of my 13 year old since birth so I've known my husband and his 2 kids from that marriage for 13 years) and her 11 year old brother. They live in Cincinnati with their Mom and step-dad and baby brother, and spend summers, vacations, and long weekends with us, so we know Bradley airport very, very well (it's an easy in and out airport and parking's not too expensive). My house is a constant flux of kids in and out as my girls live almost half-time with their Dad in the next town, so we have time with no kids :D and time with various combinations of kids that changes all throughout the year. When we are all together, it's a trip! Since I'm a divorce lawyer/mediator and parenting coordinator by profession, I coodinate the kids' schedules with all the other parents and we all get along pretty well I must say.

The four younger kids started snow sports in the 05/06 season -- my 13 yr old daughter and my 11 year old (step) son board, my 13 year old (step) daughter and my 10 year old daughter ski, and this past season, they all started moving onto the blue trails and getting better. Soon they'll smoke me and the snow boarders are following me into the terrain park now.... I'm just trying to stay ahead at this phase so I can keep up in a few years!

Another thought about the ski train....you can take it up one day....stay overnight in Winter Park or Frasier, and then take it home the next day or 2. Just a thought!

Don't forget....Winter Park is connected to Mary Jane as well....A LOT of diversity for all! :D

Vail is exactly 2 hours (100 miles) from Denver. We can get to A-Basin (if we leave at pre-ski traffic time) in 1 hour....no problem!

One more thing about the ski train....it takes a long time to get up there....so it really is a social thing. It usually doesn't even arrive until around 10:00 am in Winter Park. Just a heads up for planning! But it is fun!

NannyMin

Banned
Another thought about the ski train....you can take it up one day....stay overnight in Winter Park or Frasier, and then take it home the next day or 2. Just a thought!

That is a great thought Native Vail Girl! That seems like it would be the best use of our time and the most fun! Do you have any idea of good hotel to stay at near Winter Park?

One of my favorite places to stay is The Vintage. It is right at the foot of the mountain at the ski resort and ski parking lot and it has a free shuttle right to the lift! It also has really reasonable rates, a pool (heated) and a fabulous hot tub! (surrounded by forrest trees!) It isn't super fancy, but the rate is right! It also has it's own tuning shop right there! (And a restaurant). Most of the rooms have a mini-kitchette and a fire-place, too!

It is about a 10-15 minute drive to the "town" of Winter Park because the ski area is not near the "Town." I personally like staying at the ski mountain and driving or getting a "free" shuttle to town.

The ski train has the ability to let you off at both the Town of Winter Park AND the ski area. That's nice.

There are a ton of really nice condos (newer) and I'm not sure about all of them. I'll ask around and see what there is. I just really do love the Vintage!

Sounds good Native Vail Gal. I haven't been to Colorado since 1994 and I'm getting pretty inspired! I like the idea of a mid-December trip to get the season going strong.:D

NannyMin

Banned
One of my favorite places to stay is The Vintage. It is right at the foot of the mountain at the ski resort and ski parking lot and it has a free shuttle right to the lift! It also has really reasonable rates, a pool (heated) and a fabulous hot tub! (surrounded by forrest trees!) It isn't super fancy, but the rate is right! It also has it's own tuning shop right there! (And a restaurant). Most of the rooms have a mini-kitchette and a fire-place, too!

It is about a 10-15 minute drive to the "town" of Winter Park because the ski area is not near the "Town." I personally like staying at the ski mountain and driving or getting a "free" shuttle to town.

The ski train has the ability to let you off at both the Town of Winter Park AND the ski area. That's nice.

There are a ton of really nice condos (newer) and I'm not sure about all of them. I'll ask around and see what there is. I just really do love the Vintage!

Fabulous! I can't wait for next season! I keep chugging away at off-season training stuff and dreaming of skiing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna