• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Multi-Ski Area Pass Comparison

Tvan

Angel Diva
Thanks, all. I’ve captured all on the list. :smile:

Jilly

Staff member
Whistler is part of Epic, Vail Resorts, so no go there. I have a friend at Sun Peaks, I'll ask him.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@nopoleskier - is the Empire Pass the same thing as the ORDA Pass? I had trouble finding info on both of those.
@marzNC - thanks. The list grows...

:smile:
The Ski 3 is a "Full Pass" with variations on price.. $999 for all mts all days
there is a mid week non holiday pass too. they charge less when buy early and increase the price
as time goes by..

the Empire pass is a 'frequent skier card"

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm looking forward to when you share all the compiled data @Tvan ! I 'm in so cal so Mammoth is the place to go but its good to know what the other options are that include the west coast other than the Icon pass. Thanks for doing this!

Gosh I'm surprised the Empire card is still around with a similar deal. I am pretty sure that's one of the things I got back in the day when I frequented Whiteface. That was back in the early 2000!

rhymeandreason

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Tvan

Angel Diva
Thanks, all. I've added to the list. I'm working on a way to share the list in progress via Google Docs Sheets, so that you all can have access to the info, and so multiple people can update the data for 2018 as it's available without having to pass files back and forth. Meanwhile, I'm adding these links to the spreadsheet list.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

marzNC

Angel Diva
In general, premium season passes at MCP resorts have included 50% discounts at the other MCP locations. That's how the resorts keep locals from moving to the MCP instead of buying a regular season pass.

Some Senior Season Passes allow the allow the MCP reciprocal discount. For Taos, there was a $100 upgrade charge for 2017-18. Total was around $500 even with the upgrade. I still have a few more years to go to reach 65 but Bill is already there.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got the invite for 2018-19 MCP from Liftopia.. I am quite sure I'm going w/MCP (again) will crunch my #'s of where I want to ski.. but Taos, Alta are in my mix and I can pick a 3rd day at one of them or ???? choices choices. I need to retire to ski more LOL

The Mountain Collective returns for the 2018/19 season with the alliance of the world’s best resorts. This unprecedented collaboration represents a powerful opportunity to experience the ultimate winter.

For the 2018/19 winter season, skiers and riders are invited to join the Mountain Collective. Those who join the Mountain Collective receive two free days of skiing or riding*, unlimited 50% off single day lift tickets** thereafter, and exclusive lodging deals*** at each of these 16 destinations: Alta Ski Area, Aspen Snowmass, Banff Sunshine, Big Sky Resort, Coronet Peak | The Remarkables, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Lake Louise, Mammoth Mountain, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Snowbasin Resort, Snowbird, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Sugarbush Resort, Sun Valley, Taos Ski Valley, and Thredbo Alpine Village.

With the Mountain Collective, it’s now possible for passionate skiers and riders to claim thousands of vertical feet and chase ideal winter conditions across Alberta, Australia, British Columbia, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, New Zealand, Utah, Vermont, and Wyoming.

Limit one pass per person.

Pass is valid from May 1, 2018-April 30th, 2019

A limited number of Mountain Collective passes are on sale for just $409 USD. That's 32 days of skiing at 16 world-class destinations plus unlimited days at 50% off. Mountain Collective pass holders also receive 2 days at each of the Mountain Collective Global Affiliates - Valle Nevado, Chile, Niseko United, Japan, and Chamonix Mont Blanc, France.

Purchase your pass today to receive one additional day at the destination of your choice and get a child pass for just $1**. Pass quantities are limited and after this epic winter, we expect this offer to sell out fast!

Last edited by a moderator:

marzNC

Angel Diva
I just got the invite for 2018-19 MCP from Liftopia.. I am quite sure I'm going w/MCP (again) will crunch my #'s of where I want to ski.. but Taos, Alta are in my mix and I can pick a 3rd day at one of them or ???? choices choices. I need to retire to ski more LOL

The Mountain Collective returns for the 2018/19 season with the alliance of the world’s best resorts. This unprecedented collaboration represents a powerful opportunity to experience the ultimate winter.

For the 2018/19 winter season, skiers and riders are invited to join the Mountain Collective. Those who join the Mountain Collective receive two free days of skiing or riding*, unlimited 50% off single day lift tickets** thereafter, and exclusive lodging deals*** at each of these 16 destinations: Alta Ski Area, Aspen Snowmass, Banff Sunshine, Big Sky Resort, Coronet Peak | The Remarkables, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Lake Louise, Mammoth Mountain, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Snowbasin Resort, Snowbird, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Sugarbush Resort, Sun Valley, Taos Ski Valley, and Thredbo Alpine Village.
Key point for me for the 2018-19 MCP is that Big Sky replaces Telluride. For me, it's a lot simpler to stick with the MCP to cover Taos, Big Sky, and my late season Alta trip. Harder to predict if I can find time to go to other places that are included in the Ikon Pass. Plus I usually ski more than 5 days at Alta.

To get the $10 credit, must buy by March 8.

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Probably what I noticed was the NE Pass that is actually a Boyne pass.

The ORDA Ski3 is actually can be a pretty good deal for folks who drive from NYC/NJ.

Just discovered there is a NY Gold Pass. $999 good at any ski area in NY State, transferable, one lift ticket per day.

https://www.iskiny.com/ski-deals/iskiny-gold-pass

There is also a Gold Pass that's good at all ski areas in NC, but that's not worth adding to a spreadsheet. Only a limited number are sold, in the hundreds not thousands. Or verging on a million in the case of the Vail Epic Pass.

Pretty sure there is a pass for all Utah ski resorts too, one ticket per location.

I got so excited about this, but it’s only one per family. Not really worth it for my family of four. :-(

Thank you for sharing, though. Can’t wait to see the full spreadsheet!

Tvan

Angel Diva
Ok, everybody. I've uploaded the spreadsheet to Google Sheets (Google Docs version of Excel), and I've set the permissions so that you should not need a Google account in order to view the spreadsheet. Can a few people try accessing this and see if you can view it?

I may need to change the permissions to allow others to edit it (it's a lot of data to keep track of!), but let's test the concept before I go further.

You should be able to scroll across, and down, to see all the information collected so far.

PLEASE NOTE: Before you make any purchasing decisions about passes, please visit the URL for the passes on the list and refer to information directly from the source. Please use the spreadsheet for comparison only. Also note, that information for 2018-2019 Season is color coded in green.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15vbp_HSYJs2cJA5Xia245Whp20bwt8WLKw66_n-KiZk/edit?usp=sharing

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ok, everybody. I've uploaded the spreadsheet to Google Sheets (Google Docs version of Excel), and I've set the permissions so that you should not need a Google account in order to view the spreadsheet. Can a few people try accessing this and see if you can view it?
Wow! You included a lot of info. Great job! Really nice to have all the URLs in one place.

I accessed the Sheet while not logged in to TSD. Was never asked for my Google account. Worked fine for View Only.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it was fine for me, too. Thanks so much for doing this!

I take it you'll insert the Epic pricing once that comes out?

Last edited:

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I may need to change the permissions to allow others to edit it (it's a lot of data to keep track of!), but let's test the concept before I go further.

You should be able to scroll across, and down, to see all the information collected so far.

PLEASE NOTE: Before you make any purchasing decisions about passes, please visit the URL for the passes on the list and refer to information directly from the source. Please use the spreadsheet for comparison only. Also note, that information for 2018-2019 Season is color coded in green.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15vbp_HSYJs2cJA5Xia245Whp20bwt8WLKw66_n-KiZk/edit?usp=sharing

WOW!! Thank you!

Tvan

Angel Diva
I take it you'll insert the Epic pricing once that comes out?

I will try to update as I can. I can also try to make the document editable, so that others can update also (and so I don't become a bottleneck). Anyone with a google account want to try?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly