• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Multi-Ski Area Pass Comparison

Tvan

Angel Diva
I started a list of the multi-ski area passes that I'm aware of, in order to do a comparison as each announces their participating ski areas, pricing, and terms for 2018-2019. Here's the list I have so far:
  • IKON
  • EPIC
  • Mountain Collective Pass
  • Rocky Mountain Super Pass
  • Cali4nia Pass
  • Freedom Pass
  • Peak Pass
  • Powder Alliance
What am I missing?
I'll happily share my comparisons as each releases info for next season. I've started a spreadsheet. Because I *am* that person.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I started a list of the multi-ski area passes that I'm aware of, in order to do a comparison as each announces their participating ski areas, pricing, and terms for 2018-2019. Here's the list I have so far:
  • IKON
  • EPIC
  • Cali4nia Pass
  • Freedom Pass
  • Peak Pass
  • Powder Alliance
What am I missing?
I'll happily share my comparisons as each releases info for next season. I've started a spreadsheet. Because I *am* that person.

I did a blog post on combo passes in March, 2015, which might help. Though I think you have it pretty well covered.

Tvan

Angel Diva
@CrystalRose and @VickiK - Thanks for the info on the Cali4nia Pass. Will take that off the list.
@ski diva - thanks - will review and incorporate as the 2018-2019 info is published.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Rocky Mountain Superpass is also history because of Alterra and the Ikon Pass.

Isn't there some sort of New England pass? Or is that just for the NE Boyne resorts?

There was/is something called the Mountains of Distinction that provides discounts for season pass holders. Don't know that it's worth including in a spreadsheet though.

https://www.7springs.com/ski-and-ride/season-passes/passholder-offers/mountains-of-distinction/

The Powder Alliance also is based on providing a few free days to season pass holders as a perk.

I was "that" person paying attention to multi-resort passes and deals on another ski forum for a while. Happy to have a Diva compiling the info for next season.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
The Rocky Mountain Superpass is also history because of Alterra and the Ikon Pass.

Isn't there some sort of New England pass? Or is that just for the NE Boyne resorts?

There was/is something called the Mountains of Distinction that provides discounts for season pass holders. Don't know that it's worth including in a spreadsheet though.

https://www.7springs.com/ski-and-ride/season-passes/passholder-offers/mountains-of-distinction/

The Powder Alliance also is based on providing a few free days to season pass holders as a perk.

I was "that" person paying attention to multi-resort passes and deals on another ski forum for a while. Happy to have a Diva compiling the info for next season.

For the New England pass, are you thinking of the Peak Pass or something else? The only other one I can think of, and wouldn’t put on this list is the “ORDA” Pass which includes only Whiteface, Gore and Belleayre.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
  • IKON
  • EPIC
  • Cali4nia Pass
  • Freedom Pass
  • Peak Pass
  • Powder Alliance
What am I missing?
I'm a spreadsheet person too.....Great idea!

marzNC

Angel Diva
For the New England pass, are you thinking of the Peak Pass or something else? The only other one I can think of, and wouldn’t put on this list is the “ORDA” Pass which includes only Whiteface, Gore and Belleayre.

The New England Pass is for Sugarloaf, Sunday River and Loon
Probably what I noticed was the NE Pass that is actually a Boyne pass.

The ORDA Ski3 is actually can be a pretty good deal for folks who drive from NYC/NJ.

Just discovered there is a NY Gold Pass. $999 good at any ski area in NY State, transferable, one lift ticket per day.

https://www.iskiny.com/ski-deals/iskiny-gold-pass

There is also a Gold Pass that's good at all ski areas in NC, but that's not worth adding to a spreadsheet. Only a limited number are sold, in the hundreds not thousands. Or verging on a million in the case of the Vail Epic Pass.

Pretty sure there is a pass for all Utah ski resorts too, one ticket per location.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Thanks, all. Here's the updated list:
  • IKON
  • EPIC
  • Freedom Pass
  • Peak Pass
  • Powder Alliance
  • Mountains of Distinction
  • ORDA Pass
  • New England Pass
  • White Mountain Super Pass
  • Utah Silver and Gold
  • NY Gold Pass
It looks like we have two classifications of passes... regional, and multi-regional. I'll note as such in the master list.

I was unaware of some of the regional options, so this is very useful information for me, as DH and I try to decide what to do for next season.

Thanks for the input - will continue to compile info and share back.

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Just remembered the other multi-resort pass out in the southwest. It's called the Power Pass and covers the Four Corners region. The Four Corners in the Southwest is where Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah come together.

The Power Pass was created after the owner of the Arizona Snowbowl bought up other ski areas a few years ago. The core areas are AZ Snowbowl, Purgatory, Sipapu, Pajarito, and Hesperus. Drove by Hesperus on the way from Taos to Telluride last weekend. It's a little ski area for locals right next to the highway that has night skiing. For folks who live in that area who are willing to do some driving, can be worth considering.

https://www.thepowerpass.com

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 11.02.11 AM.png

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, all. Here's the updated list:
  • IKON
  • EPIC
  • Freedom Pass
  • Peak Pass
  • Powder Alliance
  • Mountains of Distinction
  • ORDA Pass
  • New England Pass
  • White Mountain Super Pass
  • Utah Silver and Gold
  • NY Gold Pass
It looks like we have two classifications of passes... regional, and multi-regional. I'll note as such in the master list.

I was unaware of some of the regional options, so this is very useful information for me, as DH and I try to decide what to do for next season.

Thanks for the input - will continue to compile info and share back.

NY Also has the Empire Pass. $99-
You can start the pass w/1st day free at Gore, WF or Bellaryre: I pulled this from Gore's Website but WF and I assume Bellearye say the same w/that Mt as 1st day free

2017-2018 Empire Card
  • For Adults ages 20+
  • Your 1st day at Gore is FREE*
  • 50% off one-day window tickets Monday-Friday, non-holiday, and 25% off one-day window tickets Saturday, Sunday, and during holiday periods at Gore, Whiteface, and Belleayre
  • One-day Tickets are just $39 Monday-Friday, non-holiday at Gore ($30 for Seniors ages 65-69 and $21 for ages 70+)
  • One-day Tickets are just $65 Saturday, Sunday, and holiday periods at Gore ($50 for Seniors ages 65-69 and $32 for ages 70+)
  • Every 6th visit is FREE at Gore, Whiteface, or Belleayre no matter where you rack up your snow days
  • Bring a friend on any non-holiday Tuesday or Thursday and they save 50% on their regular price one-day ticket. Friend ticket must be of equal or lesser value than cardholder's ticket type.
*Your first free day must be used at Gore. Multi-day ticket purchases count as one visit toward your sixth day free. Card expires Closing Day, Spring 2018.

Tvan

Angel Diva
@nopoleskier - is the Empire Pass the same thing as the ORDA Pass? I had trouble finding info on both of those.
@marzNC - thanks. The list grows...

:smile:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Well, well, well . . . for Canada I knew about SkiBig3 around Banff that is part of Ikon and MCP, but there is also a "Rocky Mountain Passport" with seven Canadian resorts. People who got the SkiBig3 2017-18 season pass had 50% discounts at 2017-18 MCP locations.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 12.28.44 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 12.29.51 PM.png

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
I think I may have cause confusion by calling the Whiteface, Gore, Belleayre Pass the ORDA Pass. It is actually called the Ski3. And it looks like it changed somewhat in 17-18. All Whiteface passes are good at the other two at no additional charge, so it only actually exists for Gore and Belleayre. No idea what next year will bring as there is no info on 18-19 yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly