• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Multi-Ski Area Pass Comparison

Tvan

Angel Diva
Spreadsheet updated for Peak Pass pricing.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Woah did you all see, Crested Butte, Okemo and Sunapee are now on Epic Pass, Epic Local Pass, Epic 7-Day, and Epic 4-Day passes

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Woah did you all see, Crested Butte, Okemo and Sunapee are now on Epic Pass, Epic Local Pass, Epic 7-Day, and Epic 4-Day passes

WHAT?!!!! OMG.. I see it on the main page but can't find it anywhere in the passes?

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Vail press release from 3/14/2018 adds to the Epic Pass perks. Now that might change the thinking for some folks in New England who have an interest in skiing at Vail resorts out west. Get 4/7 days PLUS 50% off additional days at Okemo, Sunapee, or Crested Butte.

Would Colorado folks want to get the Epic Local instead of Ikon in order to go ski at Crested Butte?

Like the MCP, premium season pass holders at Okemo, Sunapee, and Crested Butte get 50% off at Vail resorts. So they get a major perk continuing to buy a local season pass.

The question remains what the NY ORDA mountains will join, if anything. Whiteface, Gore, and Belleayre are clearly getting visits for the first time because they were on the MAX Pass for 2017-18.

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 1.21.00 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here's another comparison of Ikon versus Epic. Zrankings updated their article on 3/14 after the announcement that Okemo, Sunapee, and Crested Butte will be connected to Epic. The comparisons are based on geography, which makes sense. Someone who lives in Boston or NYC has a very different situation to consider than someone who lives in San Francisco or Denver. In some ways, folks in the southeast may have an easier decision to make.

https://www.zrankings.com/articles/ikon-pass-vs-epic-pass

Of course, not including the MCP in any comparison is a pretty big omission. Being able to plan a couple shorter trips out west based on committing about $400 in March instead of $600 or $900 may be the best choice for some people. Especially families who can take advantage of the $1 MCP for a kid or two.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For Divas who live near Boyne Mountain and Boyne Highlands, now that Big Sky is in the Mountain Collective, early birds can add the MCP for $249 if they get a Gold Pass for 2018-19 by early April 2018. Essentially the same concept as the former MAX Pass Add-on but different timing. Saves about $150 over the early bird MCP price in March.

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 9.59.34 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Not exactly a multi-resort pass, but I got the early bird deal on the Canadian Ski Council gold pass for my recent road trip. It works out at about CAD $67 a day, covers quite a few resorts, and the passes are transferable so we could share them amongst the 3 of us:
https://www.skicanada.org/canadian-lift-passes/
Looks like a great way to explore in all regions of Canada. The idea is you buy 5-packs of generic lift tickets for a fixed price, correct?

The list for Gold is so long! But even Silver looks pretty interesting. Have never heard of the places in the CAD $100 Fun Pack designed for beginners.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looks like a great way to explore in all regions of Canada. The idea is you buy 5-packs of generic lift tickets for a fixed price, correct?
Early bird pricing is for a pack of 20 passes - I think they sell off what's left in packs of 10 or 5 at a slightly higher price.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Early bird pricing is for a pack of 20 passes - I think they sell off what's left in packs of 10 or 5 at a slightly higher price.
Ah, that explains why the only option left right now for Gold/Silver/Bronze is 5-packs for Silver. Numbers are limited, which makes sense.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I got an email today about the Peak Pass. Here's what it says:

Peak Resorts announced today that its ever-popular Peak Pass is now on sale for the 2018-19 season. This pass, now in its third year, includes six different pass options, offering access to 7 mountains around the Northeast, including Mount Snow in Vermont; Attitash, Wildcat and Crotched Mountains in New Hampshire; Hunter Mountain in New York; and Jack Frost and Big Boulder in Pennsylvania.
Returning again for this season, the popular Drifter Pass offers 18-29 year-olds unlimited skiing and riding at all 7 resorts for just $399, which is the same low price as last season.

In addition to offering access to skiing for the upcoming season, those who purchase the pass today, or put $99 down and take advantage of Peak’s four-part payment plan, get access to skiing and riding for the rest of the 2017-18 Spring season, which often stretches into April and May at several resorts.
Realized I stuck this comment in the wrong thread . . .

Apparently there has been another option for 4 of the Peak resorts that was available for 2017-18 at the Boston Ski Expo. Perhaps also available online in the fall when the Expo is happening. The Peak "Ski 4 Passport" covers Wildcat, Attitash, Mt. Snow, and Crotched. The idea is that for $149 could go to each of those four places one day. If someone made to to all four, then got another day at one of them. Potentially 5 days for about $150 or $30/day.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
my hunter pass allows me to ski at the other peak resorts - attitash et al. we haven't used it though.

marzNC

Angel Diva
my hunter pass allows me to ski at the other peak resorts - attitash et al. we haven't used it though.
It's obviously quite a drive from NYC, but Wildcat is a fun mountain when it's not too windy and can get a view of Mt. Washington. High speed lift to the summit provides for lots of vertical. About 2000' and it's possible to ski top to bottom even on a green with great views. Have heard mixed reviews about Mt. Snow. Definitely sounds way too busy on weekends. Upper mountain lifts seem to go on wind hold fairly often.

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Have you ever skied at Mount Snow? Do you know what the reputation of the other Peak mountains is? Trying to figure out what will replace Max Pass for us. We live in NYC and right now are considering The ORDA 3 mountain pass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly