• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Multi-resort passes for 2022-23: Ikon, Epic, Indy etc.

Tennessee

Angel Diva
Hi @skibum4ever, I was wondering the same thing. Are Epic pass prices going up after the end of May or do you just lose the “buddy pass” (or whatever they call it) perks? I might have a trip to Telluride so am thinking of getting the 6 day Epic option. What do you experts think????

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ikon reservations will be required for more Partner resorts than last season. For 2021-22, Jackson Hole and Taos required reservations. For 2022-23, Aspen Ski Co and Boyne Resorts decided to take that route to Aspen/Snowmass, Big Sky, Brighton, Snowqualmie, and Loon will require reservations. People planning on a winter break ski vacation can make a reservation as early as August.

The process was straightforward last season for Taos if done early. However, Saturdays do fill up. New slots can open up so it can be worth checking in the week or two before a given date. That's what Bill had to do for the Ski Week last season because he waited too long to make a reservation. He also had the MCP, so wasn't that concerned. In the end he got an Ikon reservation.

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 11.50.49 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Indy Pass continues to add both full Partners and Allied locations.

Indy Pass Adds Seven New Resorts Across All Regions Plus Japan
New England, The Upper Midwest, the Rocky Mountains, and Japan expand

PORTLAND, Ore. (July 19, 2022) – The Indy Pass announced today that seven new resorts have been added to the 22/23 season roster bringing to 104 the number of resorts offering two free days. An additional three Allied resorts have also been added that will provide 25-50% lift ticket discounts to Indy Pass holders. None of these new resorts will have blackout days.

New Alpine Resorts - Two free days:
  • Black Mountain of Maine
  • Meadowlark Ski Resort, Wyoming
  • Aomori Spring, Japan
New Cross Country Resort - Two free days
  • Black Mountain of Maine Nordic Center
New Allied Resorts - 25 to 50% off lift tickets
  • Paul Bunyan, Wisconsin
  • King Pine, New Hampshire
  • Cherry Peak, Utah
“The off-season is an exciting time for new resorts at Indy Pass, and this summer is proving to be a doozy! We are stoked to welcome seven fantastic new resorts to the coalition in all regions West of the Cascades and Sierras, said Doug Fish, President of Indy Pass. Next week, however, we have an exciting addition for our West Coast passholders, so stay tuned!"

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Every time they make an announcement, my fingers cross for Elk and/or Blue. Neither are likely to sign on, though, sadly.

TheGreenOne

Angel Diva
I got Indy and Epic Local this upcoming season.. somehow itching to buy Copper also.

Might have to do away with skiing at all this winter check your tatas!

marzNC

Angel Diva
The $559 price for the Mountain Collective Pass will be gone next week. Here's the line up for 2022-23 as of late July. Unlike a few years ago, the list of MCP resorts includes a few that are not also on Ikon. Grand Targhee used to be the only one.

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 10.08.05 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Mountain Collective Pass prices went up $20 as of August 2. $579 for an adult.

Most likely the MCP price will go up again mid-Sept.

MissySki

Angel Diva
The Indy Pass continues to add both full Partners and Allied locations.

Indy Pass Adds Seven New Resorts Across All Regions Plus Japan
New England, The Upper Midwest, the Rocky Mountains, and Japan expand

PORTLAND, Ore. (July 19, 2022) – The Indy Pass announced today that seven new resorts have been added to the 22/23 season roster bringing to 104 the number of resorts offering two free days. An additional three Allied resorts have also been added that will provide 25-50% lift ticket discounts to Indy Pass holders. None of these new resorts will have blackout days.

New Alpine Resorts - Two free days:
  • Black Mountain of Maine
  • Meadowlark Ski Resort, Wyoming
  • Aomori Spring, Japan
New Cross Country Resort - Two free days
  • Black Mountain of Maine Nordic Center
New Allied Resorts - 25 to 50% off lift tickets
  • Paul Bunyan, Wisconsin
  • King Pine, New Hampshire
  • Cherry Peak, Utah
“The off-season is an exciting time for new resorts at Indy Pass, and this summer is proving to be a doozy! We are stoked to welcome seven fantastic new resorts to the coalition in all regions West of the Cascades and Sierras, said Doug Fish, President of Indy Pass. Next week, however, we have an exciting addition for our West Coast passholders, so stay tuned!"

Hmm interesting that Black Mountain of Maine was added. I’ve wanted to check them out for awhile now.

marzNC

Angel Diva
As noted earlier, Jackson Hole is requiring reservations for the MCP. So is Big Sky. Unlike Ikon reservations, MCP reservations are made on the website of the individual resort.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Indy Pass added a couple more locations in the midwest: Snowriver (new name due to new owner in MI and Chestnut Mountain in IL. What's more interesting is that Bluebird Backcountry in CO has joined Indy. There are no lifts at Bluebird at all, need to hike with or without a guide to access the 4200 acres available. Bluebird is between Steamboat Springs and Kremmling, about two hours from Denver.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
The Indy Pass added a couple more locations in the midwest: Snowriver (new name due to new owner in MI and Chestnut Mountain in IL. What's more interesting is that Bluebird Backcountry in CO has joined Indy. There are no lifts at Bluebird at all, need to hike with or without a guide to access the 4200 acres available. Bluebird is between Steamboat Springs and Kremmling, about two hours from Denver.
I was watching that announcement, hoping some more mid Atlantic (Pa) resorts would be added. But it's really great to see that they're growing, even I'm fairly certain that I will never utilize the pass for some places (looking at you, Bluebird Backcountry).

Funny that the addition of Backcountry got my son's attention, though

marzNC

Angel Diva
I was watching that announcement, hoping some more mid Atlantic (Pa) resorts would be added. But it's really great to see that they're growing, even I'm fairly certain that I will never utilize the pass for some places (looking at you, Bluebird Backcountry).

Funny that the addition of Backcountry got my son's attention, though
From what Doug Fish told Stuart Winchester, there is much less chance that more ski areas/resorts will be added in the mid-Altantic or New England. Keep the "yield" high enough to make Indy stay interested for the early adopters is important in any region. That's why the Allied tier was created. Indy pass holders get a discount, but it doesn't impact the yield for full Indy Partners.

The way I think about Indy is as a collection of regional "passes," as opposed to a national/international multi-resort pass like Ikon or Epic. While there are people who will use Indy outside of their home region, that's a small percentage of the total. The benefit to a place like Sunshine or Bluebird in CO is that most Indy pass holders will be from out of state who are curious to add a small mountain to a trip to a CO destination resort. Such a traveler is not as likely to pay for a day ticket. If that creates a buzz for Sunshine, that's good in the long run.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
From what Doug Fish told Stuart Winchester, there is much less chance that more ski areas/resorts will be added in the mid-Altantic or New England. Keep the "yield" high enough to make Indy stay interested for the early adopters is important in any region. That's why the Allied tier was created. Indy pass holders get a discount, but it doesn't impact the yield for full Indy Partners.

The way I think about Indy is as a collection of regional "passes," as opposed to a national/international multi-resort pass like Ikon or Epic. While there are people who will use Indy outside of their home region, that's a small percentage of the total. The benefit to a place like Sunshine or Bluebird in CO is that most Indy pass holders will be from out of state who are curious to add a small mountain to a trip to a CO destination resort. Such a traveler is not as likely to pay for a day ticket. If that creates a buzz for Sunshine, that's good in the long run.
Yep, that makes sense. It is with that line of thinking that made me hope a blue mountain or elk would join. Camelback seems to be the big draw, so maybe having others on Indy, passholders would be tempted to try to venture out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly