• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mt Tremblant Demo Day Dec 15, 2018

Jenny

Angel Diva
Silly, eh? You’ve been around here awhile. Have you or anyone else noticed that in the last 5+ or so years, this forum has taken a turn to the more serious, more technical, more based-on-my-experience kind of tenor?

There’s so much less lighthearted banter.
I miss it.
But those were the years when we were <1,000 members or so. It was different.

I don’t know. Maybe it’s just me. I just don’t feel comfortable posting anything unless it has a certain level of (for lack of a better word) merit??

@Jilly - Yay for skis! Enjoy! :thumbsup:
That’s a lot of pressure you’re putting on yourself if every post has to have "merit".

This was my first, and favorite, forum so I have no comparisons. But don't we WANT to have answers based on experience? I figure I’m not much help on anything technical, so I don't generally answer ski questions, for example, because I wouldn’t be doing the asker any favors by answering. But if you want to know a good place to stay in Frisco, for example, then I can answer. But it's from my experience.

Maybe we had more general conversations in the past? What do you want to talk about?

All I know is, I still like it here!

ETA - And if you want silly, check out the poetry toward the end of my injury thread!

This might link to the right page: https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/i...er-ankle-at-mammoth.22823/page-16#post-369054

MissySki

Angel Diva
That’s a lot of pressure you’re putting on yourself if every post has to have "merit".

This was my first, and favorite, forum so I have no comparisons. But don't we WANT to have answers based on experience? I figure I’m not much help on anything technical, so I don't generally answer ski questions, for example, because I wouldn’t be doing the asker any favors by answering. But if you want to know a good place to stay in Frisco, for example, then I can answer. But it's from my experience.

Maybe we had more general conversations in the past? What do you want to talk about?

All I know is, I still like it here!

ETA - And if you want silly, check out the poetry toward the end of my injury thread!

This might link to the right page: https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/i...er-ankle-at-mammoth.22823/page-16#post-369054

This!! ^^

I hope you feel comfortable to say whatever about anything here. When I ask questions I'm looking for others' diverse experience that I might not have. When I answer anything I hope I'm bringing my unique opinion and experience as well. Lastly, I feel and hope that others extend the same leeway that all of this stuff is really subjective and there should be no judgement of "right" or "wrong" answers. Most of all I love the cameraderie of other women who never tire of discussing ski stuff and beyond. :dancing:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
One last thread-hijacking post before I go:
By “merit,” I must clarify. I meant that I want to interact, not just post expository stuff. And I feel that in the last few years, there has been a lot of expository stuff happening here - of the type that merely says, “I did this, I did that, here’s where it happened.”

Sometimes that sort of stuff is interesting. Sometimes it isn’t. Overall, it really doesn’t seem to elicit an engagement of conversation.

In the not-distant past, I had an “expository” type of post, after reviewing some skis. I did this mainly because others have expressed interest in my reviews in the past.

In other words, if I don’t think that a post will be specifically useful to others - or encouraging to others - I will consider it to not have merit.

Back to the usual programming.
:focus:
@Jilly, @SkiBam - enjoy your new skis! :clap:

SkiBam

Angel Diva
A bit off topic (not about demo day), but I thought I really liked my new Super Joys. Until I tried my new Yumis! I was waiting for more snow to ski them, but @nopoleskier urged me to try them the other day. Conditions were NOT powdery - hard packed, icy in places - and the Yumis performed just beautifully. I compared the two skis again today (better conditions, but still hard packed) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Yumis. (Never thought I'd love a Volkl.) Sigh. I now own too many good skis! Poor me, eh?

lisamamot

Angel Diva
One last thread-hijacking post before I go:
By “merit,” I must clarify. I meant that I want to interact, not just post expository stuff. :clap:
In addition to all the experiences and technical stuff I too love the more personal posts and friendly banter - interaction is where it is at :love: Post away.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
A bit off topic (not about demo day), but I thought I really liked my new Super Joys. Until I tried my new Yumis! I was waiting for more snow to ski them, but @nopoleskier urged me to try them the other day. Conditions were NOT powdery - hard packed, icy in places - and the Yumis performed just beautifully. I compared the two skis again today (better conditions, but still hard packed) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Yumis. (Never thought I'd love a Volkl.) Sigh. I now own too many good skis! Poor me, eh?
Oh my. I liked the first generation Yumi, but I understand the new model is stiffer? Do you have the 2019? Because I got a deal I couldn't refuse on a SuperJoy, I now have it. Yumi is that much better, eh? I may have to try it. What's the waist width? It seemed to be getting a bit wider over the years.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the same problem! But, I seem to keep returning to my "home" skis--the Black Pearls :thumbsup:
Soooo many great skis out there, it's often hard to stick with just one.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Oh my. I liked the first generation Yumi, but I understand the new model is stiffer? Do you have the 2019? Because I got a deal I couldn't refuse on a SuperJoy, I now have it. Yumi is that much better, eh? I may have to try it. What's the waist width? It seemed to be getting a bit wider over the years.

I got the 2018 Yumi. Same as 2019 except for graphics. I don't know if it's noticeably stiffer but it seems absolutely perfect to me. Just as stiff as I like, but not more so. Waist is, I think, 84. Last week I went back and forth a bit between it and the Super Joy (conditions more conducive I would have thought to the SJ - very hard packed) and I preferred the Yumi.

Jilly

Staff member
Tomorrow's demo day has been cancelled due to the incoming weather. I won't be able to make the revised date. I was talking today to QCskier that I need to take the newer BP88 out. I didn't like the first version, and thought I would try the new one. But not this week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly