• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mt. Bachelor to open for passholders, May 15-24, 2020

marzNC

Angel Diva
Mt. Bachelor is testing out how to be open safely by running lifts for passholders only for a short period, May 15-24. This late in the spring, hours are 8:30am to 1:30pm, and there is always limited terrain. So what terrain is open will be pretty much normal based on only running a few lifts. The limit is 500 passholders per day.

https://www.mtbachelor.com/info/covid-19-updates/
We’re pleased to offer 1000 acres of skiing and riding for 500 passholders each day. Two quad chairlifts, Sunrise and Summit, will be open for passholders. Guests should be able to ski off Summit, Cow’s Face and utilize the Summit Crossover and Sunrise Getback for maximum skiing acreage. If Summit is not able to open due to weather, Mt. Bachelor may open Rainbow chairlift or will close resort operations is weather creates a restricted operating footprint. Weather always plays a significant factor in operating, and spring terrain footprint subject to change based on weather conditions. Please stay tuned to the Mt. Bachelor Conditions Page for updates

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 1.43.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-15 at 1.44.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-15 at 1.45.27 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
If advanced reservations become a requirement for next season, Who would fly to ski. Who would book lodging and flights weeks in advance without a guarantee they can ski every day?
Just because the first implementations limit people to just a couple reservations made a day before doesn't mean other options couldn't be possible next winter. What really is unknown is what maximum number of guests makes the most sense. Too many and social distancing or lift lines could be an issue. Too few and it may be impossible to even cover the cost of being open.

For destination resorts with resort lodging, I would guess that packages will be offered that include X days of skiing. Of course, that doesn't apply to Bachelor. However, ski areas without resort lodging often have packages set up with local motels for discounted lift tickets.

The people more likely to check out Bachelor next season are those in California. Might be worth the drive to get away from the large populations that live close to Tahoe and/or Mammoth. Bachelor will be on Ikon for the first time. It's a good destination for late season skiing, meaning after mid-April. By then there is no reason to make reservations well in advance.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looks like the Bachelor passholders who were quick enough to get a reservation for this weekend had a very good time. Temps were relatively cool. Coverage is around 100 inches so plenty of snow left off of the two open lifts. It's a big mountain, literally just one big volcano, so lots of options of where to go after unloading a chair. The local TV news report includes video of the lift line at the base.

The short video is by a snowboarder who is pretty good. He and his buddy rode off the Summit lift. Looked like a lot of fun!

May 17, KTVZ News
Mt. Bachelor reopening weekend draws many
https://ktvz.com/videos/local-videos/2020/05/17/mt-bachelor-reopening-weekend-draws-many/

KBee

Angel Diva
I hope they don't allow unrelated singles to go on the lift together. I'm almost positive (antibody test tomorrow) that my son and I got Covid on the Pine Martin lift at Bachelor in February. I think it was from an obviously very sick man from Washington who was about to cough up a lung. It was memorable--like when you're near someone sick and just know, yep, we're getting whatever he's coughing all over me type thing. That said, we did go up to Timberline yesterday, and it was glorious.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I hope they don't allow unrelated singles to go on the lift together.
All the guidelines I've read allow anyone who wants to ride single to do so. Unrelated people aren't supposed to ride a chair together in general.

That said, we did go up to Timberline yesterday, and it was glorious.
How many lifts did they having running?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Bachelor got a little fresh snow. Weather forecast is for relatively cool temps this week so won't be much melting. The "closing weekend" May 23-24 should be very good spring skiing with temps in the 40s.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 1.27.59 PM.jpg

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looks like a nice spring morning for the final day at Bachelor. Temps this weekend were good for spring skiing. I looked at the webcams too early to see anyone on the slopes, but will probably check back in a few hours.

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 10.30.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 10.33.26 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sunshine at Bachelor for the 500 season passholders who got a reservation. Nice that the Summit lift could be open this weekend.Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 2.53.32 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-05-24 at 2.54.46 PM.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna