• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mt. Bachelor Lift Ticket deals for 2019-20, Opening party on 11/29

marzNC

Angel Diva
Mt. Bachelor is near Bend, OR. It’s owned and operated by is Powdr but is not the Ikon pass. Instead, Bachelor has some relatively unique offers to save on lift tickets for 2019-20. From what I can tell, this idea has been around for a while. What’s new is that there is a Woodward set up at Bachelor, with a new lift just for that area.

I had a great time at Bachelor during late, late season in May a few years ago. Since I have good friends who live in southern Oregon, been paying more attention to decide which month to go back to visit and ski with them. The new trail map by James Neihues is so much better than then previous approach with four separate quadrant trail maps.

For a limited time, Nov. 25 thru Dec. 15, can buy a multi-day lift ticket online and get a free kid’s ticket for the same time period. The tickets are good anytime during the season.

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 10.02.18 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Snow has been scarce so far at Bachelor. I noticed earlier in the week what they decided to do was plan for “Hopening Day” on Nov. 29 and not worry about whether lift(s) would be running or not. It’s a party in the afternoon with special events and swag. As it turned out, there was enough snow this week to decide to open one lift. For $39 if not a season pass holder, the Little Pine lift for beginner terrain will be open Fri-Sun (conditions permitting). Also planning a few Woodward features.

I've seen pass holder events in the east the day before early season begins, but it's a bit different to also sell a cheap lift ticket to encourage non-passholders to participate too.

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 5.20.52 PM.png

Our Hopening Day Party gets underway at 12:00 p.m. Friday with the Woodward Mountain Hike Park, a Grom Garden, West Village deck activities, free giveaways, prizes from Mt. Bachelor, YETI, GoPro, Under Armour, and Nokian Tyres, family activities with a snow fort, s'mores, make your own Coke Float and winter face painting, scavenger hunts, hot treats, and a Winter Toast. In addition, you can pick up your season pass, shop for new gear at Gravity Sports, and stop by the Nordic Center for ski waxing, hot cider, and cookies.

At this point, our plan is to operate through Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day. Operations beyond Sunday will be determined in the coming days based on an evaluation of the snow depth and the weather forecast.

Please be aware that the the Winter Uphill Travel Policy is now in effect. This means that so long as the Little Pine lift is the only lift open, ALL OF MT. BACHELOR IS CLOSED TO HIKING with the exception of the Cinder Cone at West Village.

Remember that early-season conditions exist with a very shallow and light snowpack. Stay safe by skiing/riding only in open and groomed areas... and have fun!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna