• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

MSP CC, Sheevas, Santa Anas...help needed!

Ski_AnnA

Diva in Training
@Ski_AnnA - Curious if you ended up picking a pair?

I just demoed the Santa Ana 93s and have been skiing on the 4FRNT MSP CCs for the last week in Tahoe (groomed, cruddy and sometimes icy conditions) and LOVE both. I also demoed the Black Pearl 88s, Atomic Mavens and own the K2 Mindbender 88Tis. My two favorite so far have been the 4FRNT and SA93s. I think both would be great contenders for a one ski quiver. As for my skill level, I am an intermediate skier (hoping to become advanced by the end of this season!) - mainly like staying on groomed blues and blacks.

Here is my assessment of each:

1) Santa Ana 93 - 10/10 - Such a confidence boosting ski. I immediately felt like I could charge down the mountain. Turns initiated easily, could go through cruddy, bumpy terrain with ease and felt really stable when going fast. They were super fun and felt light on the feet. I really wanted to demo the 88s, but the demo shop didn't have them in stock.

2) MSP CCs - 9.5/10 - They felt similar to the Santa Anas. They are a bit of a wider (99 underfoot) and a heavier ski, but I didn't notice much of the difference when on the mountain (just heavy to lug around off the mountain). I'd give the SA93 a slight edge in terms of maneuverability, but these were a super fun ski. Since they have a wider underfoot, I'd say that this would be a great ski to have as a one ski quiver that you can also take out on powder days. Also, you can't beat the graphics - such a gorgeous looking ski!

3) The BP88s - 9/10 - I can say that these are also a confidence boosting ski. Easy to turn with and they can rip. I would be super happy with the BPs and think they are a great ski! Only slight diff with the SA93s is that the BP88s felt a bit chattery and less stable when going fast. The SA93s feel like they just grip the snow....the BP88s less so. But, I could only notice these diffs b/c I skied the SA93 the same day.

4) K2Mindbender 88Ti - 8/10 - I own this pair. These are overall great skis. They can cut through crud, have great edge grip and they can rip. But, ever since I've had a chance to demo the SA93 and the MSP CCs - those two have become my two new favorites over the Mindbenders.

5) Atomic Maven - 6/10 - These were my least favorite from my demo day. They just felt quite unstable when going fast and also had a lot of chatter. They were easy to turn and maneuver, but in comparison to the others, these were my last choice.

Overall - I'm now torn b/w the MSP CCs and the SA 93 (or 88s if I can demo them). Should I get both or just keep one? :smile:
Got the Nela! Will write report as soon as possible. I hope to ride it in a few different conditions first to thoroughly test it.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Hello!
It has been fun to read those comments and demo reports coming in today! I ended up having a great deal on the Stockli nela 96, so got this one for now. I could not demo it prior to buying it and since we did not have a decent amount of snow in eastern Canada until very recently, I did not take them out yet. Can't wait to do so! Will review them as soon as possible :smile:
Please report back! I adore my Stormrider Motion 85 and the Nela 96 is one I wanted to try at a recent Demo Day. I could not do so in even close to my length....they only brought the shortest length (152 in the 88, 156 in the 96) and I would ski the longest (168 in the 88, 172 in the 96). I declined to demo the Nela, but took a run on the Stormrider 102 173; it was a complete tank; I was along for the ride, lol.

TLM_SKI

Diva in Training
@

I just demoed the Santa Ana 93s and have been skiing on the 4FRNT MSP CCs for the last week in Tahoe (groomed, cruddy and sometimes icy conditions) and LOVE both. I also demoed the Black Pearl 88s, Atomic Mavens and own the K2 Mindbender 88Tis. My two favorite so far have been the 4FRNT and SA93s. I think both would be great contenders for a one ski quiver. As for my skill level, I am an intermediate skier (hoping to become advanced by the end of this season!) - mainly like staying on groomed blues and blacks.

1) Santa Ana 93 - 10/10 - Such a confidence boosting ski. I immediately felt like I could charge down the mountain. Turns initiated easily, could go through cruddy, bumpy terrain with ease and felt really stable when going fast. They were super fun and felt light on the feet. I really wanted to demo the 88s, but the demo shop didn't have them in stock.

2) MSP CCs - 9.5/10 - They felt similar to the Santa Anas. They are a bit of a wider (99 underfoot) and a heavier ski, but I didn't notice much of the difference when on the mountain (just heavy to lug around off the mountain). I'd give the SA93 a slight edge in terms of maneuverability, but these were a super fun ski. Since they have a wider underfoot, I'd say that this would be a great ski to have as a one ski quiver that you can also take out on powder days. Also, you can't beat the graphics - such a gorgeous looking ski!

3) The BP88s - 9/10 - I can say that these are also a confidence boosting ski. Easy to turn with and they can rip. I would be super happy with the BPs and think they are a great ski! Only slight diff with the SA93s is that the BP88s felt a bit chattery and less stable when going fast. The SA93s feel like they just grip the snow....the BP88s less so. But, I could only notice these diffs b/c I skied the SA93 the same day.

4) K2Mindbender 88Ti - 8/10 - I own this pair. These are overall great skis. They can cut through crud, have great edge grip and they can rip. But, ever since I've had a chance to demo the SA93 and the MSP CCs - those two have become my two new favorites over the Mindbenders.

5) Atomic Maven - 6/10 - These were my least favorite from my demo day. They just felt quite unstable when going fast and also had a lot of chatter. They were easy to turn and maneuver, but in comparison to the others, these were my last choice.

Overall - I'm now torn b/w the MSP CCs and the SA 93 (or 88s if I can demo them). Should I get both or just keep one? :smile:
These are the two that I am contemplating! SA 93 or MSP CC. Has anyone had experience with the MSP 99?
What size did you demo?
I'm curious what size would be best for me. I'm a little under 5'7", 145 lbs. I'm advanced, and have been skiing my whole life. I'm 46. I love ripping on groomers and enjoy soft fresh powder when it falls.
Thank you!

YooniPowWow

Diva in Training

Hi all, Had a chance to finally demo the SA88s 158s alongside the SA93s 158s and the SA93s were the clear winner for me. I also demoed the SA98s but they were not as easy to turn with and required more power. I was up in Tahoe, mostly groomed runs w/ spring-like conditions. I am an advanced intermediate skier (aiming to get 30+ days in this season), 5’5” and 105lbs and mainly ski in Tahoe and Utah on blue/black groomed runs.

In comparison, the SA88s seemed faster (prob bc it has more metal) and probably better for someone who mostly stays on groomed runs. They skied similar to the 88 K2 Mindbender TIs. But, the 93s felt so much more stable and were easier to maneuver/carve with, even in bumpy terrain. I felt like I could tackle any run with confidence. They are super fun and playful. I went out and bought the SA93s and can’t wait to hit the slopes again!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I'm curious what size would be best for me. I'm a little under 5'7", 145 lbs.
I am a couple inches taller, similar weight and have the 2022 Santa Ana 93 172. In that ski, I would recommend the same for you.

chasinghorizons

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
MSP CCs - 9.5/10 - They felt similar to the Santa Anas. They are a bit of a wider (99 underfoot) and a heavier ski, but I didn't notice much of the difference when on the mountain (just heavy to lug around off the mountain). I'd give the SA93 a slight edge in terms of maneuverability, but these were a super fun ski. Since they have a wider underfoot, I'd say that this would be a great ski to have as a one ski quiver that you can also take out on powder days. Also, you can't beat the graphics - such a gorgeous looking ski!
Sis-in-law just got a great deal on the MSP CC... She'll need to grow into it a bit but I'm excited for her (and if she doesn't like it, look out for another deal on this forum in the future... :rotf:).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly