• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Moving to the mountains full-time?

BonStarlet

Certified Ski Diva
Congrats on making a decision! The move sounds like it will be a fun adventure. I was a travel companion for my father for his college reunion in Beijing when he was 90. He was still very active so we had a very good time.

Have you already bought a multi-resort pass? Epic or Ikon?

My grandfather and I used to road-trip to Colorado from TX every summer to horse show in CO, so this is a bit of revisiting our roots! It will be an amazing experience that I know I will cherish (and also a total mess lol!).

I'm a returning Epic pass holder, but would ALSO love the ability to ski Deer Valley - any idea on how to do that economically?

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'm a returning Epic pass holder, but would ALSO love the ability to ski Deer Valley - any idea on how to do that economically?
After you get settled in Park City, I suggest you ask then. I'll have a Utah thread going soon, so that might be a good place to start.

Looks like Ikon passholders can get a limited number of tickets at 25% off for friends and family at DV. One reason I switched added Ikon last season even though I already had the MCP was to be able to check out DV. Was originally going to wait until at least my ski buddy could qualify for the senior rate for a day ticket. DV was set up as a pricey destination resort from the start. I think I read that the first season the day tickets were 2-3 times more than the old Park City (without Canyons/PC West terrain) or even Snowbird. I think DV day tickets will always be expensive and won't be available from online discount ticket suppliers. Don't know if the local shops that sell discounted lift tickets ever get any for DV.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My grandfather and I used to road-trip to Colorado from TX every summer to horse show in CO, so this is a bit of revisiting our roots! It will be an amazing experience that I know I will cherish (and also a total mess lol!).

Economical and Deer Valley don't go together. Hard to find deals, especially since they went on IKON. Tickets are limited but not as much as it (seemed at least) used to be. The long time pass holders were bemoaning the IKON crowds when I was there last February. Things used to pop up on Liftopia but still very pricey.

Bookworm

Angel Diva
I'm jealous! I've been wanting to get away from Chicago for a few years now. It's the great American city, but I am soooooo tired of the traffic and the humidity and the grey, wet winters. Plus, I love Utah. I've moved 5 times in my adult life as a single person, and while I'm more like you (extrovert who needs downtime), I've had no problems finding "my people". Just go out and do what you want to do (music, fitness, etc) and you will find yours, too.
Did I say I'm jealous?

rhymeandreason

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It’s too late for this season, but next season, check out the deer valley locals pass - either a season pass(midweek or full) or 10 pack for a discount, just show your utility bill.

BonStarlet

Certified Ski Diva
Divas - BIG NEWS. I'm rounding out my mid-life crisis bingo card and.....buying a house! in park city! i think i might have (continued to) lost my mind, but so far the move is amazing. I can see stars. And Moose. I got a dog. Started dating (okay - that part is a disaster today, but probably belongs in another forum). And LOVE the lifestyle out here.

BonStarlet

Certified Ski Diva
That’s wonderful, @BonStarlet ! Enjoy!

The midlife in-line dating thing was so demoralizing that I became a confirmed single. Then I met Mr. Blizzard at Okemo!

Congrats! I have to say that i was pretty thrilled with this "thing"....but the last two weeks, it's like he's ghosting me without actually having the balls to ghost me. Super fun. Love it. BUT...New house. Picking out new floors. Big fluffy puppy. and a Bluebird day (even if i'm not skiing). HIS LOSS.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Divas - BIG NEWS. I'm rounding out my mid-life crisis bingo card and.....buying a house! in park city! i think i might have (continued to) lost my mind, but so far the move is amazing. I can see stars. And Moose. I got a dog. Started dating (okay - that part is a disaster today, but probably belongs in another forum). And LOVE the lifestyle out here.

Congratulations, sounds amazing!!!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congratulations! Stars, skies, skis, moose, and new pupper. Sayonara, :wave:, no room at the inn for ghosts.

Is Sundance FF over? Heck you could go to Sundance. Might see The RR?!

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Besides the meetup check if there is a “newcomers & neighbors” organization. It’s been a great source of new friends when we moved to a small mountain town SW of Denver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly