• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Movies with skiing in...

chaletlaforet

Certified Ski Diva
Not Warren Miller type ski-specific movies, but movies with great ski sequences or plots...

What are your favourites? I could think of:
The Heroes of Telemark
Great stuff about the Norwegian resistance in WW2
usaheroestelemark.gif

On Her Majesty's Secret Service
For Your Eyes Only
...well there are a lot of skiing bond movies but those are maybe two of my favourites!

Avalanche! from 1978 with Rock Hudson and Mia Farrow

48918.1020.A.jpg

Who's got some more? :smile:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Great thread!

I have a good friend who got into skiing after seeing "The Young Lions," a 1958 WWII movie with Marlon Brando in it. I think there's about 15 seconds of skiing in the beginning, and that's it. I guess for him, it was enough.

How about "Downhill Racer" from 1969 with Robert Redford?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, I absolutely LOVE that poster for Avalanche! Tres cool!!!!!

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"Better Off Dead" ......."This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is? " ......"Go that way, really fast. And when something gets in your way, turn"

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Shellski said:
"Better Off Dead" ......."This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is? " ......"Go that way, really fast. And when something gets in your way, turn"

Best skiing related non skiing movie ever! :p "Sorry, I blew up your mom, Ricky".

I will add Dumb and Dumber to the list.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna