• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mountain Village or Telluride?

Fitmom

Certified Ski Diva
My husband just told me we are going to Telluride this weekend . Recommendations on where to stay? I’ve read pros and cons to both Mountain Village and Telluride. My husband doesn’t like to walk far to the lifts and we’ve never been sooo I have no idea how far anything is. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

Christy

Angel Diva
Typically I'd say that the whole point of going to Telluride is to go to Telluride. The modern mountain village development doesn't do anything for me and isn't a place I'd make a destination. (I think it's a nice mountain to ski, with good scenery, but they don't get a lot of snow, so I wouldn't make it a point to ski there if there wasn't a beautiful interesting town there. Unless it were convenient to my home of course).

BUT. This is the perspective of someone that has to get on a plane to visit, and who only has visited during non-pandemic times, when restaurants and everything else were open. If there were ever a time to just get a condo near the lifts at Mt Village, especially with a husband that sounds like he wants that, now would be the time. I also wonder what the gondola from town situation is. So many gondolas have super long lines because instead of 8 or 12 you can only have a single household, which might only be 1 or 2 people.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love Telluride, We stayed in condos across from Lift 7 (coonskin). Could walk across the street to the lift. There was a tuning shop and tickets. Also From the complex we could walk in covered hall way to a nice market and liquor store, we didn't need a car. It was pre pandemic so we could walk a couple of blocks to restaurants and shops and the gondola was about 5min walk. Have a wonderful time. telluride (2).jpg

marzNC

Angel Diva
For this season, I think staying in Mountain Village would be my preference. I was with @nopoleskier for the stay she mentioned. While it wasn't a big deal to have to take a lift to start the ski day, going back to the condo for lunch was definitely not a reasonable option. Normally not a big deal. But for this winter that may be a factor worth considering.

Fitmom

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks ladies! We ended getting an awesome deal in Mountain Village. It was a super convenient location. Made my husband happy and now he’s agreed to go back . Telluride was awesome!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Thanks ladies! We ended getting an awesome deal in Mountain Village. It was a super convenient location. Made my husband happy and now he’s agreed to go back . Telluride was awesome!
Thanks for reporting back!

Did you find the deal online or based on some phone calls or email inquiries?

Fitmom

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for reporting back!

Did you find the deal online or based on some phone calls or email inquiries?
I went online and found a deal with The Madeline Hotel. Usually we stay at a condo on vrbo but they were all super pricey. Since it was just a quick trip we went the hotel route. For Epic pass holders we got the room for $499 a night (that included all the fees). Usually it’s $1000 a night the front desk said. We paid that in Vail and in Keystone this year. Seems like all the lodging is a bit more expensive than it has been in the past two seasons.

We really loved the area. Ugh. I’m so sad our trip was so short.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing