• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mountain Hardwear Back For More jacket

Nikole

Certified Ski Diva
Hi again!

I have another "clothing question" for everyone.

I've decided to not use my current winter jacket and to instead just invest in one that is meant for skiing.
Does anyone have this jacket or something similar? Just want to make sure the brand and the jacket is good. It's on sale on Sierra Trading Post for $150. REI just has the most pictures of it ;) I've found about 5 reviews total and all are good :smile:

https://www.rei.com/product/105120/mountain-hardwear-back-for-more-insulated-jacket-womens

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mountain Hardwear stuff is fine. I have found their stuff to run a tad small, at least compared to other brands. That jacket has all the features you'd want in a good resort jacket. It's pretty!

Nikole

Certified Ski Diva
Mountain Hardwear stuff is fine. I have found their stuff to run a tad small, at least compared to other brands. That jacket has all the features you'd want in a good resort jacket. It's pretty!

Yeah ordering online always makes me nervous about sizes. And it does have a lot of features! What I have now is warm and waterproof but it doesn't have a quarter of what this one has. And yesss I thought this one was super pretty :smile: I loove the color and pattern. I need the pop of color because literally all of my gear is black and white. Except my grey pants haha

newboots

Angel Diva
I'm hard to fit, and I had to return a beautiful Arc'teryx I bought from STP last year. But I found a pretty purple one with all the features at Marshall's - TNF from the season before, a great deal.

If you can try one on in a store (or even try on another Mountain Hardware coat) you have a head start. They have a great return policy, though. You're going to love all the ski features.

Nikole

Certified Ski Diva
I'm hard to fit, and I had to return a beautiful Arc'teryx I bought from STP last year. But I found a pretty purple one with all the features at Marshall's - TNF from the season before, a great deal.

If you can try one on in a store (or even try on another Mountain Hardware coat) you have a head start. They have a great return policy, though. You're going to love all the ski features.

Good point! I did see that it's not in any REI stores but I should definitely try on any kind of jacket by them just to see how it fits. Good to know their return policy is good though :smile: they have all sizes in stock currently so hopefully if I get it and it doesn't fit I can exchange!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good point! I did see that it's not in any REI stores but I should definitely try on any kind of jacket by them just to see how it fits. Good to know their return policy is good though :smile: they have all sizes in stock currently so hopefully if I get it and it doesn't fit I can exchange!
There's a Columbia/Mountain Hardwear outlet in Park City. I don't recall that specific jacket being there last weekend, but I wasn't looking for women's stuff.
I have a very fun one I'd sell you for a lot less! It's Mountain Hardwear size S. Just a tad small for me across the chest.
547649_10200390226104574_1702031096_n.jpg

Nikole

Certified Ski Diva
There's a Columbia/Mountain Hardwear outlet in Park City. I don't recall that specific jacket being there last weekend, but I wasn't looking for women's stuff.
I have a very fun one I'd sell you for a lot less! It's Mountain Hardwear size S. Just a tad small for me across the chest.

That is cute! I wish Park city wasn't so "far" so I could easily check sizes.. We haven't been there though so maybe we need an excuse to go lol. I'll let you know though! I'm really liking the pink and purple in the one but maybe if I can't justify spending that much just for color I'll hit you up hahaha

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mountain Hardwear is a very reliable brand and was my first ski jacket too! I'm actually selling one, Size Med, on Poshmark.com (username edobias) that is VERY warm. PM me if you want more details.

Overall, the biggest thing for me when buying a new jacket is the Center back measurement. I have a long torso, the MH one was nice because the CB measurement was 26" believe, a tad longer than most brands. You can sometimes find this info on the sale page, but sometime you have to contact customer service and ask. The more you ski the more you will figure out what you want in regards to fit, insulation etc.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That is cute! I wish Park city wasn't so "far" so I could easily check sizes.. We haven't been there though so maybe we need an excuse to go lol. I'll let you know though! I'm really liking the pink and purple in the one but maybe if I can't justify spending that much just for color I'll hit you up hahaha
It's not even an hour, easy drive if you take 84 and go in the "back" way. Always fun to hit that area. I was just there last weekend.

Nikole

Certified Ski Diva
It's not even an hour, easy drive if you take 84 and go in the "back" way. Always fun to hit that area. I was just there last weekend.

It claims an hour and 15 from where I live taking 84 but I'm sure it's much smarter to go that way and avoid crazy SLC traffic :smile: I'll definitely have to make the trip

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna