• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mountain Collective Pass (MCP) for 2021-22

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Mountain Collective Pass is on sale for 2021-22. Can change your mind before Aug. 31, 2021 and get a full refund. $499 with a bonus day at one pre-selected destination is the starting price. That's $30 more than a year ago. $129 for kids 12 and under.

What's new is the Teen (13-18) MCP for $399.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 2.46.31 PM.png

alison wong

Angel Diva
There was a pre-sale $479 for past year's MCP passholders. If you did not select "opt out" when you created MCP account, you should get this pre-sale email. (I never got it because I selected "opt out" on their promo emails)

This $479 promo price is already passed.

I was told, however, you can still get this price within the next few days if you had MCP past season. But you need to call MCP (or via chat) and have them put in the price $479 for you.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here are MCP locations as of March 2021, sorted geographically. The MCP started in 2012-13 with a few well known independent destination resorts (Aspen/Snowmass, JH, Alta, Squaw/Alpine). Most are also on Ikon.

The MCP continues to be worth considering for people who can't take ski trips that include 4+ days of skiing. Especially if it's possible to take more than one trip making use of the MCP at more than one location.

•Mammoth Mountain, CA - Ikon unlimited/5, MCP, Alterra
•??/Alpine, CA - Ikon unlimited/unlimited with blackouts, MCP, Alterra

•Big Sky, MT - Ikon 7/5, MCP, Boyne
•Jackson Hole, WY - Ikon 7/5, MCP; $150 add-on to Ikon Base
•Grand Targhee, WY - MCP (new for 2020-21)

•Alta Ski Area, UT - Ikon 7/5 combined Alta/Snowbird, MCP (separate)
•Snowbird, UT - Ikon 7/5 combined Alta/Snowbird, MCP (separate), connection to Powdr

•Aspen/Snowmass, CO - Ikon 7/5 combined, MCP; $150 add-on to Ikon Base
•Arapahoe Basin, CO - Ikon 7/5, MCP

•Taos Ski Valley, NM - Ikon 7/5, MCP

•Sugarbush, VT - Ikon 7/5, MCP
•Sugarloaf, ME - Ikon 7/5, MCP, Boyne

Reactions: RJ*

Jilly

Staff member
You forgot some:

Banff- Sunshine, Lake Louise - Ikon7/5, MCP
Panorama - MCP
Revelstoke - Ikon7/5, MCP

alison wong

Angel Diva
Purchased MCP for next season today, got early promo price at $479 and 3rd bonus day.

Need to select a destination for the 3rd bonus day upon purchase, you can change it before August 31st, 2021.
MCP offers full refund before August 31st if you decide not to go w/ MCP next season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here's the details about getting a full refund for the MCP from the FAQ.

"Customers may request a refund for 2021-22 passes at any time prior to August 31, 2021. To request a refund, please call 1-877-328-2257. Note: Redemption of a pass at a member resort will void the refund policy."
I opted to get the MCP in addition to Ikon Base for more flexibility. Now have 7 days covered at the resorts I intend to travel to plus 50% tickets for the few extra days at Alta in April. Got the bonus day at Big Sky.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does MC have a deadline to buy passes at current prices? If it's on the site, I was unable to locate it.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Does MC have a deadline to buy passes at current prices? If it's on the site, I was unable to locate it.

I don't know about hard deadline for the initial offering price.

I usually watch the status bar. If it is in High Availability status, I take my time and think it over.

If it is in nearly sold out status, then I know I need to pull the trigger soon.

Last season, the initial offering price was until Labor Day in Sept.

This is the current status from MCP website.

Did you get MCP last season? If so, you may able to get $20 off by calling them. Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 7.56.16 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Nope. The MCP has been around since 2012. Every year has been slightly different. What happened in the past few years may or may not be followed for 2021-22. That said, read on for the recent history.

Typically the lowest price plus the bonus day at one pre-selected resort ends some time in May. By late June or early July, the MCP does off-sale until some time in August. The price increases $20-30 after each stage. Usually sales stop in mid-Dec, but start up again in early Jan for a few more weeks.

It pays to get on the MCP e-list if at all interested. Reminder emails show up a week or so before a given price ends.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a code. I get their emails. I’m just befuddled on these “last chance” emails. When is the actual last chance? Today? Tomorrow? This question is actually from a friend who was on hold for an hour trying to find out. She gave up though as nobody ever answered. No biggie. Thank you for the good information!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I have a code. I get their emails. I’m just befuddled on these “last chance” emails. When is the actual last chance? Today? Tomorrow? This question is actually from a friend who was on hold for an hour trying to find out. She gave up though as nobody ever answered. No biggie. Thank you for the good information!
In the past, I have sent in a question via email. Takes a few days but I have received answers eventually. As was mentioned, the Status Bar is the best indication of how quickly the current pricing will last. Just scroll down a little to see it. Very hard to know if the graphic is actually based on a target number determined in advance or just a marketing tool. Numbers related to the MCP are some of the better kept secrets in the ski industry.

My guess is that the Early Bird pricing may end around Memorial Day.

MCP Status Bar as of May 11
Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 5.27.32 PM.jpg

marzNC

Angel Diva
As of early June, the prices for the MCP are $519, $419, $149. I hadn't really noticed that there is now a Teen MCP for ages 13-18.

As expected, the bonus day is gone. Usually sales will be paused around early July until mid-August. Price usually goes up $20 every stage.

alison wong

Angel Diva
MCP sent out a survey with a chance to win a pass for 2021-22 season.

Took screen shot on one of the screens:

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 7.46.35 PM.png

My vote:

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 7.47.11 PM.png

Likely, I will have a full refund for MCP next season and will only keep my Epic because I don't think I can take too many days off work for west coast trips in 2022.

marzNC

Angel Diva
If anyone got the MCP with the Bonus Day in the spring and wants to change the location, the deadline is August 31.

I changed my plans for my mid-season trip out west, so changed to Alta since I know I'll be there in April 2022. The reason I got the MCP in addition to Ikon Base was to cover the days beyond 7 that I'll ski in LCC during my annual trip with old friends.

Sending email to MCP has worked well for me in general. Just don't expect a reply expect during business hours.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Starting the countdown for the $589 price for the MCP. Probably will go off sale by mid-December. Has been coming back in early January for a few weeks at the final price. But never know what to expect for the MCP since it's been a little different every season since it started up.

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 9.33.12 AM.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly