• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mountain Collective Pass, 18-19

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Imagine folks not going to the 3 resorts mentioned are kicking themselves for purchasing MCP

mustski

Angel Diva
I am trying to recall when the MCP got started. Does anyone remember if Aspen was a driving force behind it? If so, it may go away next year. It seems that both the Icon and MCP will not continue to coexist in future seasons unless the MCP recruits new partner resorts that are not on either of the two gobbling entities.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Imagine folks not going to the 3 resorts mentioned are kicking themselves for purchasing MCP

I did (initially) but then I did not. MCP has no black out dates whereas Ikon base pass does.

I could benefit Ikon student rate for base pass at $479 when it first came out (part time student qualifies and no age cap). I went ahead to go w/ MCP because of Taos.

I paid this season's MCP for $359 (using Liftopia gift card). I plan to be in Taos Jan 20th - 25th.
For Ikon base pass, Jan. 19th and 20th are black out dates at Taos, one can only use for 5 days, not 6 days.

With the restrictions, I think MCP works out better for me, convenience in exchange for $$.

And I have no plans to visit the 3 resorts only on MCP the coming season.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I did (initially) but then I did not. MCP has no black out dates whereas Ikon base pass does.

I could benefit Ikon student rate for base pass at $479 when it first came out (part time student qualifies and no age cap). I went ahead to go w/ MCP because of Taos.

I paid this season's MCP for $359 (using Liftopia gift card). I plan to be in Taos Jan 20th - 25th.
For Ikon base pass, Jan. 19th and 20th are black out dates at Taos, one can only use for 5 days, not 6 days.

With the restrictions, I think MCP works out better for me, convenience in exchange for $$.

And I have no plans to visit the 3 resorts only on MCP the coming season.
Oh good! Glad it worked for you!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had MCP for last several years. I always beat the pass. I liked MCP w/ 3 free days at 1 Mt of choice and 2 free at all the rest PLUS 50% off any additional days is a big perk.

This year I'm skiing more MT's and do have both passes (snow pig that I am) When I figured out the cost of 1/2 off for the additional days via MCP and the cost for tickets I am skiing at the Mt's Not on it made sense to buy the IKON too. For under 1000$ I'll be skiing at least 25 probably 30-40 Days at Mts where daily ticket price is 100$ or more. I'll beat the passes for sure. No out of pocket for tickets for me all winter.

I doubt MCP will be around next year with all the MCP Mt's jumping in on IKON I'll bet the few on MCP not on IKON (yet) will jump on the bandwagon. I like these multi mountain passes. Pay way back in Spring 2018 for skiing 2019. AND I REALLY HOPE Mammoth gets TONS Of snow so I can go summer skiing again! Praying for lots of snow and wishing I had my own airplane...

marzNC

Angel Diva
I am trying to recall when the MCP got started. Does anyone remember if Aspen was a driving force behind it? If so, it may go away next year. It seems that both the Icon and MCP will not continue to coexist in future seasons unless the MCP recruits new partner resorts that are not on either of the two gobbling entities.
Agree that it seems likely that Ikon will completely replace the MCP after this season.

The first season for the MCP was 2012-13 with 4 destinations for $349 Adult and $249 Child. Sales ended mid-Nov. A marketing manager at Aspen/Snowmass started the idea and talked Squaw/Alpine, Alta, and Jackson Hole into working together.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Agree that it seems likely that Ikon will completely replace the MCP after this season.

The first season for the MCP was 2012-13 with 4 destinations for $349 Adult and $249 Child. Sales ended mid-Nov. A marketing manager at Aspen/Snowmass started the idea and talked Squaw/Alpine, Alta, and Jackson Hole into working together.
2014-15 is probably the season when the MCP started being of more interest. By then the list included 5 destinations (7 resorts) since Whistler, Mammoth, Snowbird (Alta/Bird combo pass), and Banff (Lake Louise/Sunshine). The Child price was $99 and the third bonus day at one pre-selected location as added. The price ranged from $359 in March to $419 when sales ended mid-January. That's about the time I started tracking the history of the MCP. Something changed every season since it was created.

marzNC

Angel Diva
My guess is that the MCP price may go up again in early Oct. Ikon prices are going up $50 on 10/10/18, which will make the Ikon Base $749. Epic Pass prices went up in early Sep.

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 1.21.36 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
The MCP status bar is into NEARLY SOLD OUT. Emails are going out saying the $449 price is about to go away. Last year the price went up on Oct. 1.

marzNC

Angel Diva
A push was made to sell a few the Australian MCP for 2018-19 in N. America that was good for the 2018 Aussie/NZ season, which is over. There is a separate website for the MCP Australia that allows payment in currencies other than USD. Deadline is 29Sep2018.

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 7.38.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-28 at 7.38.39 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
MCP price is up to $469. Probably went up on 10/01/18. Has been staying available until just before Christmas. Then back on sale in January for a few weeks. But what happens in previous years is not necessarily what will happen for 2018-19, especially with most of the locations on Ikon too.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Getting towards the end of the the $469 price. Status Bar has moved into NEARLY SOLD OUT. Might be one more price increase before sales end just before the end of year holiday weeks.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Latest reminder email for the 2018-19 MCP is featuring Sun Valley, one of the two ski resorts that aren't also on Ikon. Snowbasin is that other, which has the same ownership.

marzNC

Angel Diva
As expected, the price for the MCP went up to $489/$99 in early December. That's $30 less than a year ago. I expect sales to close the week before Christmas.

Be interesting to see if the MCP is available again in Jan 2019 or not. Has been available in Jan the last few years.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Last push for the $489 price for the 2018-19 MCP is happening this week. The real question is whether or not the MCP will be offered again in January, as happened the last few years. Won't be surprised if it isn't, which was the situation the first few years the MCP existed.

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 3.38.26 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
MCP sales have ended for 2018. But will be available again in January 2019 for the 2018-19 season.

This season there is a closer connection between OpenSnow and the MCP for snow forecasts. OnTheSnow has had a forecast page for the MCP for a while.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Last chance for the MCP for 2018-19. The price is $509, $10 less than the previous season.

For those who haven't been following the evolution of Alterra's Ikon pass, the only locations on the MCP that aren't also on Ikon are Sun Valley and Snowbasin (same ownership).

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 12.27.09 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Last week, or maybe last day, for the MCP 2018-19. Final price is $509/$99.

The map option on OpenSnow is fun for me even when I'm not about to travel. There are quite a few multi-resort passes covered by OpenSnow in addition to MCP, Ikon, and Epic.

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 10.15.44 AM.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly