• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mountain Collective Pass, 18-19

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got the invite for 2018-19 MCP from Liftopia..
The Mountain Collective returns for the 2018/19 season with the alliance of the world’s best resorts. This unprecedented collaboration represents a powerful opportunity to experience the ultimate winter.

For the 2018/19 winter season, skiers and riders are invited to join the Mountain Collective. Those who join the Mountain Collective receive two free days of skiing or riding*, unlimited 50% off single day lift tickets** thereafter, and exclusive lodging deals*** at each of these 16 destinations: Alta Ski Area, Aspen Snowmass, Banff Sunshine, Big Sky Resort, Coronet Peak | The Remarkables, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Lake Louise, Mammoth Mountain, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Snowbasin Resort, Snowbird, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Sugarbush Resort, Sun Valley, Taos Ski Valley, and Thredbo Alpine Village.

With the Mountain Collective, it’s now possible for passionate skiers and riders to claim thousands of vertical feet and chase ideal winter conditions across Alberta, Australia, British Columbia, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, New Zealand, Utah, Vermont, and Wyoming.

Limit one pass per person.

Pass is valid from May 1, 2018-April 30th, 2019

A limited number of Mountain Collective passes are on sale for just $409 USD. That's 32 days of skiing at 16 world-class destinations plus unlimited days at 50% off. Mountain Collective pass holders also receive 2 days at each of the Mountain Collective Global Affiliates - Valle Nevado, Chile, Niseko United, Japan, and Chamonix Mont Blanc, France.

Purchase your pass today to receive one additional day at the destination of your choice and get a child pass for just $1**. Pass quantities are limited and after this epic winter, we expect this offer to sell out fast!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jilly

Staff member
So the difference is the number of days you get to ski at the different mountains compared to the Ikon. I realize that the Ikon is more money, but some of the same mountains are included.

I think unless there are specific mountains that you want to ski that are MCP only, the Ikon is a no brainer. For $599 I get unlimited skiing at my home mountain and the chance to ski other areas, some unlimited, some only 5 days etc....The thing I still like is the cheaper unlimited pass at my home mountain. The others are icing on the cake.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Ikon just added Mammoth unlimited (with blackout dates) to their base level pass for $599.

This will be an excellent option for many Mammoth skiers.

Only downside is that they also added blackout dates at June Mountain, which often serves as an alternative destination for those very crowded holidays at Mammoth.

marzNC

Angel Diva
So the difference is the number of days you get to ski at the different mountains compared to the Ikon. I realize that the Ikon is more money, but some of the same mountains are included.

I think unless there are specific mountains that you want to ski that are MCP only, the Ikon is a no brainer. For $599 I get unlimited skiing at my home mountain and the chance to ski other areas, some unlimited, some only 5 days etc....The thing I still like is the cheaper unlimited pass at my home mountain. The others are icing on the cake.
Certainly makes a difference if you live close enough to an Alterra resort to get the benefit of using the Ikon pass as a local season pass. For people who have enjoyed the MCP or could only justify the MAX Pass as a stand-alone multi-resort pass, the decision is not as simple.

The resorts that are only on the MCP are Taos, Sun Valley, Snowbasin. For me, given that I usually ski more than 5 days at Alta and plan to return to Taos for Ski Week, the 2018-19 MCP probably makes more sense than the Ikon Base. The main reason I was considering Ikon was because of Big Sky. So with Big Sky in the MCP, I'll be set.

Getting the MCP means $200 less up front compared to the Ikon Base. More importantly I know I can make good use of the MCP while I would have to do a lot more planning fairly soon to decide if the Ikon Base would make sense financially next season.

Certainly a harder decision between the Ikon Base and the MCP, in comparison to an Epic pass compared to the MCP.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I can see where it's a difficult decision between MCP and Ikon. For me, the Epic pass is a no brainer as have available house at Northstar and timeshare at base of Heavenly gondola. Also, I can get senior discounts on lift tickets at other out of state resorts! And in Europe lift tickets are cheaper all the way around.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I can see where it's a difficult decision between MCP and Ikon. For me, the Epic pass is a no brainer as have available house at Northstar and timeshare at base of Heavenly gondola. Also, I can get senior discounts on lift tickets at other out of state resorts! And in Europe lift tickets are cheaper all the way around.
That reminds me of another factor for people who do live near an MCP location. If they buy a premium season pass, they get 50% off lift tickets at the other MCP locations.

At Taos, possible add $100 to upgrade a Senior Season Pass to get the reciprocal 50% discount. Only need to be 65, so my ski buddy Bill who lives in Albuquerque should probably be considering that option.

marzNC

Angel Diva
A change that probably doesn't make that much difference to folks in North America is that Hakuba in Japan moved from the MCP to the Epic pass. Makes more of a difference to Aussies who are in the midst of trying to decide what season pass to buy for their 2018 season that starts in a few months.

Niseko is still on the MCP for 2018-19. Also Chamonix and Valle Nevado (Summer 2018). Only two days at the resorts outside N. America, no 50% discount for additional days.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Purchase your pass today to receive one additional day at the destination of your choice and get a child pass for just $1**. Pass quantities are limited and after this epic winter, we expect this offer to sell out fast!
For those people who haven't paid attention to the MCP before, the bonus day usually continues until thru June. Must pick a destination for the bonus day when you pay for the MCP. The $1 kid pass is usually not available after early April. The kid price has gone up to $99 and hasn't changed even as the price of the adult MCP continues to rise until sales end in late Jan.

There is no guarantee that what happened for the MCP before will be repeated for next season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Status bar about to get into LIMITED STOCK. Parents considering the $1 kid pass shouldn't wait too long.

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 1.10.09 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
The $1 price for a child MCP won't last much longer. The Status bar has moved into NEARLY SOLD OUT as of 4/10. Reminder emails are going out this week to people on the e-list for individual resorts. Last year the price for kids went up to $99 by 4/8/2017.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I think the MCP kid price went up today, 4/14/18. Prices went to $429 and $99. That's the same as a year ago. Be interesting to see if the adult price goes up in mid-May or not.

Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 9.08.37 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
As May approaches, the $429 price doesn't look like it will last much longer. Usually the price changes around mid-May.

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 9.31.13 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Having just used the MCP at two locations in early May, the list of ski resorts on the MCP clearly tends to encourage the idea of an extra trip or two when snow conditions are unusually good in early or late season. Only makes sense for intermediate or advanced skiers given that the terrain that remains open rarely includes much for beginners, if any. The MCP list for skiing after mid-April includes:

Banff Sunshine, AB - usually until late May
Lake Louise, AB - until early May
Snowbird, UT - usually at least until late May
Squaw, CA - usually into May
Alpine Meadows, CA - late April
Mammoth, CA - usually into June

marzNC

Angel Diva
Just realized that Norquay is not in the MCP for 2018-19. Get 2 days at Sunshine and 2 days at Lake Louise, which are the other two ski resorts in the SkiBig3 in the Banff area of Alberta in Canada.

For 2017-18, the MCP included 1 day at Norquay. Norquay is staying open until April 21, 2018, with day tickets running around $100.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Perhaps because the Ikon pass also includes a number of MCP locations, the $429 price for the MCP is lasting longer than last year. Not close to showing NEARLY SOLD OUT on the status bar as of mid-May. Very interesting that the bar moved back closer to IN STOCK since late April.

Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 12.40.40 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
The MCP status bar has moved into NEARLY SOLD OUT. Probably won't be available after the end of June, or perhaps around the July 4th holiday. In past years, the bonus day was gone when the MCP became available again mid-August.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The "last chance" email went out today from Liftopia with a reminder that the bonus day goes away when sales stop for the summer.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Seems clear that the additions to Ikon have decreased the interest for buying the MCP in the fall. At $449, the price is $20 less than the previous season for late August and early September. The status bar has barely budged in August.

Sun Valley, Snowbasin, and Coronet/The Remarkables in NZ are the only locations on MCP that aren't on Ikon for 2018-19 as of 31Aug2018. Solitude and Brighton will be on Ikon, along with Taos and Niseko. Boyne Resorts has become a major partner for Ikon now that with all Boyne mountains are included, including Boyne Mountain and Boyne Highlands in MI. All started by adding Big Sky to the MCP in the spring. In 2018 Boyne bought back all the mountains they operated under CNL/OZ ownership, which could be a factor for Alterra and Boyne discussions about Ikon.

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 7.26.53 AM.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna