• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mountain Collective 2020!!

marzNC

Angel Diva
For the 2019-20 N. American season, the MCP pricing started at $449/99 in March. Meaning no more $1 kid MCP. Probably trying to push families over to Ikon instead, which is geared to 1-week ski vacations more than the MCP. There were a few years when the price went up during April or May, but last year the first price held until late June.

Per usual, the early bird price goes with a bonus day at a pre-selected location. So if can plan on getting to 3 locations, possible to have seven (3, 2, 2) lift tickets covered. The change for N. American locations is that Snowbasin and Sun Valley (same ownership) moved to the Vail Resorts' Epic pass. Mt. Buller was added in Australia. Valle Nevado in Chile is now a full MCP location (2 days, 50% additional days). The MCP works at Southern Hemisphere locations in 2019. (Different from Epic or Ikon.)

Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 12.37.41 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Been a while since I listed all the MCP destinations. For 2018-19 back down to 12 destinations in US/Canada and 5 on other continents. Quite a few shifts in and out since the MCP started in 2012 with Aspen, Squaw, JH, Alta. The 2 included days are per resort. Chamonix in France is included but only 2 days, no 50% discount.

Squaw/Alpine Meadows, CA
Mammoth, CA
Big Sky, MT
Jackson Hole, WY
Aspen/Snowmass, CO
Alta, UT
Snowbird, UT
Taos, NM
Sugarbush, VT

Revelstoke, BC, Canada
Banff Sunshine, BC, Canada
Lake Louise, BC, Canada

Niseko United, Japan

Valle Nevado, Chile (2019)
Thredbo, Australia (2019)
Mt. Buller, Australia (2019)
Coronet/Remarkables, New Zealand (2019)

2 Days at Each Destination
50% off Additional Days
No Blackout Dates
$99 Child Pass

Those who find the MCP a pretty good deal either plan to spend 7+ days at one destination or are pretty sure they will get to at least two of the destinations. However, since all the MCP locations are also part of Ikon, for some people spending a few hundred dollars more up front for Ikon Base (5 days at each location) can be the better decision.

marzNC

Angel Diva
So for 2019-20, the prices went up in mid-May. $469 for adults and $149 for children as of May 20. The bonus day is gone.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The MCP Status Bar has moved into LIMITED STOCK as of mid-June. Usually goes off sale in late June or early July. Then the price goes up a bit when it's available again in mid-August.

Although the MCP is a better deal when you are pretty likely to get to two or more locations, can be worth considering if planning a ski vacation that includes skiing 7+ days at one resort. Diva West is at Jackson Hole for 2020. Jackson Hole is on both MCP and Ikon, as is true for all MCP locations for 2019-20.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Most likely the MCP 2019-20 will go off sale in the next week. Have gotten a few reminder emails this week. The Status Bar is at the end of NEARLY SOLD OUT.

Based on the last few years, the MCP will be available again by mid-August. Price will go up at least $20.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I was right about the price for August. The MCP is back on sale as of Aug. 6, which is about the same as the last few summers. Price is $489 for adults and $199 for kids.

There is a new location for the MCP, bringing the total to 13 for N. America. A-Basin will be on the MCP, as well as Ikon as announced recently.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So what does the asterisk modifier mean when the MCP says "two days skiing at each destination, not each mountain? "

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
So what does the asterisk modifier mean when the MCP says "two days skiing at each destination, not each mountain? "

I think it means that you could only use it two days at a place like Aspen Snowmass, which is made up of four different mountains: Aspen Highlands, Aspen Mountain, Buttermilk, and Snowmass.

Last edited:

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think it means that you could only use it two days at a place like Aspen Snowmass, which is made up of four different mountains: Aspen Highlands, Aspen Mountain, Buttermilk, and Snowmass.

I kind of thought that too, but the statement is a bit ambiguous? It is unclear to me.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I had to re-read the FAQs page to see that detail. Yep, that's exactly what it means.
Also applies to the two NZ locations too.

It's been the most confusing for Alta and Snowbird. Initially they were separate, then the MCP became the same as a combo Alta/Snowbird pass, and a few years ago it's back to being separate. Meaning 2 days at Alta, 2 days at Snowbird. It's a bit of a pain for someone staying slopeside because it means having to get a ride to the other resort. For instance if staying at Alta Lodge, I get a ride from the Lodge van to Snowbird first thing in the morning. In the afternoon, can get the free UTA bus back to Alta Lodge or call for a van ride. If Mineral Basin is open, then allowed to ski over after 3pm but can only ski down for a last run since riding an Alta lift won't work without initiating another day.

Skiing around Banff using the MCP has also changed over the years in terms of what's included.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Found a useful FAQ that listed MCP locations with RFID lift access for 2018-19. Not quite complete but it's a start. Using with RFID, auto-load is possible for additional days charged at 50% beyond the MCP included 2 (or 3) days. Hopefully if RFID exists, an Ikon pass is direct-to-lift.

https://mountaincollective.zendesk....ntain-Collective-destinations-use-RFID-cards-

RFID USED 2019-20, N. AMERICA ONLY
Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows
Big Sky - first season with RFID
Jackson Hole
Alta
Snowbird
AspenSnowmass (any open ticket window at any of the four mountains)
Sugarbush
Ski Banff Sunshine Village - Lake Louise, Canada

NOT USING RFID IN US
Mammoth
Arapahoe Basin * - first season on MCP/Ikon
Taos
Revelstoke, Canada *

* A best guess

marzNC

Angel Diva
NOT USING RFID IN US
Mammoth
Arapahoe Basin * - first season on MCP/Ikon
Taos
Revelstoke, Canada *
The MCP FAQ was clear that Mammoth was not giving out RFID cards in 2018-19. Same info was copied for 2019-20. However, that's probably wrong. Unlike Taos, Mammoth has RFID gates. I have an RFID card in my collection of passes based on using the MCP at Mammoth in May 2018.

Looking a little deeper, Mammoth picked a system that is unusual for ski lifts. They use SiriusWare. For ski lifts in the U.S., Axess and SkiData are the most common vendors for RFID passes/tickets.

I know that Taos would like to move to RFID. But there are other capital projects that are of greater importance. Certainly replacing Lift 1 with a high-speed lift for 2018-19 had more of an impact than if RFID had been installed first. Still, it's a bit annoying to have to get a new lift ticket every day when using MCP. Helps that it can be done in the afternoon for the next day.

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Feels like the price for the MCP will go up in early October, as has been the pattern for the last few years.

Anyone get the MCP for 2019-20? I switched Full Ikon, with an Alta midweek pass to cover my longer late season trip, plus a few days mid-season.

Mary Brosnan

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Feels like the price for the MCP will go up in early October, as has been the pattern for the last few years.

Anyone get the MCP for 2019-20? I switched Full Ikon, with an Alta midweek pass to cover my longer late season trip, plus a few days mid-season.
I also dropped it this year in favor of the IKON pass. The cost increase of the MCP made it more difficult to justify since I could no longer get my kids ski passes for $1. Plus we are making three trips out West this winter to IKON mountains so it made more financial sense.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m so envious of you ladies when you’re talking passes. In typical gypsy fashion, I’m all over the place and really have no way to save other than conventional means.

16 days at Big Sky - I have season pass
3- 4 days at Alta - I buy online for discount/dynamic pricing since I know my dates.
2-3 days at Vail - I buy online for dynamic pricing or MC passholder friends get me buddy pass price. I missed a recent window to buy a couple days at a good price because I know my dates.

If I’m lucky, I’ll also be skiing 3 days at Squaw and maybe a day in Poconos somewhere in 2020.

My struggle is real.

marzNC

Angel Diva
2-3 days at Vail - I buy online for dynamic pricing or MC passholder friends get me buddy pass price. I missed a recent window to buy a couple days at a good price because I know my dates.
You mean MTN aka Epic buddy passes, right? Vail is not on the MCP and never will be.

Have you looked to see if the new Epic Day Pass would help for 3 days at Vail? Price will go up after Oct. 13. Don't have to pick the dates in advance.

It's be easy for me to use the MCP and Ikon because my friends and I like the destination resorts included. Alta was one of the original MCP locations and that's where I go the most. But we didn't go to Taos or Telluride for quite a while because they weren't on the MCP.

I’m so envious of you ladies when you’re talking passes. In typical gypsy fashion, I’m all over the place and really have no way to save other than conventional means.
Where you go, lodging is a better piece of the cost and being with friends and family is . . . as they say . . . "priceless." :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly