• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mountain Collective 2020!!

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, you’re correct, my Vail people are Epic. I’m thankful to receive the buddy benefit, but next year DH is coming along and I think we’ll buy tickets rather than expect buddy passes to be offered. I’ll look into EPIC Day Pass. Thank you for sharing your expertise on this subject.

You mean MTN aka Epic buddy passes, right? Vail is not on the MCP and never will be.

Have you looked to see if the new Epic Day Pass would help for 3 days at Vail? Price will go up after Oct. 13. Don't have to pick the dates in advance.

It's be easy for me to use the MCP and Ikon because my friends and I like the destination resorts included. Alta was one of the original MCP locations and that's where I go the most. But we didn't go to Taos or Telluride for quite a while because they weren't on the MCP.

Where you go, lodging is a better piece of the cost and being with friends and family is . . . as they say . . . "priceless." :smile:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Yes, you’re correct, my Vail people are Epic. I’m thankful to receive the buddy benefit, but next year DH is coming along and I think we’ll buy tickets rather than expect buddy passes to be offered. I’ll look into EPIC Day Pass. Thank you for sharing your expertise on this subject.
There used to be an Epic 4-Day and an Epic 7-Day. The Epic Day Pass is 1-7 days, although getting 4+ days is necessary to get to the partner locations. Pretty much designed for someone like you who only needs a few tickets and plans trips early enough to buy tickets before Nov.

I've considered getting an Epic pass for a season to explore Vail, BC, and so on in Colorado. That much more likely now that I could also use it in PA to ski with friends in the DC area.

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
The MCP price went up in early Oct, per usual. Now $509/$199. In the past few years, there were two more price increases before the MCP went off sale completely at the end of January.

For someone who can get to 2+ MCP locations out west and ski for at least 7 days, it's still a reasonable option since the price is half of the cost of Ikon Base. Even for a 1-week ski vacation to a single destination resort, it's worth doing the math. Flying to SLC for a week and skiing LCC provides 4 ski days since Alta and Snowbird are separate. Then can use the 50% discount in LCC or just get individual discounted tickets for other SLC ski resorts. Other online discounts are rarely more than 40% off.

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 9.21.40 AM.png

skiwest

Certified Ski Diva
The MCP price went up in early Oct, per usual. Now $509/$199. In the past few years, there were two more price increases before the MCP went off sale completely at the end of January.

For someone who can get to 2+ MCP locations out west and ski for at least 7 days, it's still a reasonable option since the price is half of the cost of Ikon Base. Even for a 1-week ski vacation to a single destination resort, it's worth doing the math. Flying to SLC for a week and skiing LCC provides 4 ski days since Alta and Snowbird are separate. Then can use the 50% discount in LCC or just get individual discounted tickets for other SLC ski resorts. Other online discounts are rarely more than 40% off.

View attachment 11370

I don't think you need 7 days to make it worth it, do you? I'm doing some rough pricing and just two days each at Big Sky and Jackson Hole (assuming ticket window prices) puts you over $600. I'm sure you could save some money buying online or buying two-day consecutive tickets, but still, it looks like the pass can be worth it for more like 4 days of skiing.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I don't think you need 7 days to make it worth it, do you? I'm doing some rough pricing and just two days each at Big Sky and Jackson Hole (assuming ticket window prices) puts you over $600. I'm sure you could save some money buying online or buying two-day consecutive tickets, but still, it looks like the pass can be worth it for more like 4 days of skiing.
You need 7 days to make it worth buying the MCP if you only go to one location. That's why people who find the MCP useful generally know they will use it at least for two locations. Of course, if going to SLC that's relatively easy for a skier because the MCP includes 2 days at Alta and 2 days at Snowbird.

Keep in mind that online discounts for a destination like Jackson Hole can be quite different compared to less well known ski resorts. Pretty sure JH doesn't work with Liftopia or GetSkiTickets but I haven't looked in a while.

In general, have to do the math to see if a multi-resort pass makes sense for a specific situation. I got good value from the MCP for several years. However, I could always go to two locations, and sometimes even get to three. Made it a lot easier because my ski buddies were using the MCP too. Now we have shifted to Full Ikon, even though the entry price is higher. Getting 7 days instead of 2 plus 50% for the other 5 days works out better. I'll end up using Ikon at two resorts for 7 days, plus get in other days at a few other resorts. That's hard for someone who is working to do.

skiwest

Certified Ski Diva
You need 7 days to make it worth buying the MCP if you only go to one location. That's why people who find the MCP useful generally know they will use it at least for two locations. Of course, if going to SLC that's relatively easy for a skier because the MCP includes 2 days at Alta and 2 days at Snowbird.

Keep in mind that online discounts for a destination like Jackson Hole can be quite different compared to less well known ski resorts. Pretty sure JH doesn't work with Liftopia or GetSkiTickets but I haven't looked in a while.

In general, have to do the math to see if a multi-resort pass makes sense for a specific situation. I got good value from the MCP for several years. However, I could always go to two locations, and sometimes even get to three. Made it a lot easier because my ski buddies were using the MCP too. Now we have shifted to Full Ikon, even though the entry price is higher. Getting 7 days instead of 2 plus 50% for the other 5 days works out better. I'll end up using Ikon at two resorts for 7 days, plus get in other days at a few other resorts. That's hard for someone who is working to do.

Thanks for this context. I ended up buying the MCP last night because I'm planning to hit 4-5 resorts this year, but won't be going much more than 1-2 days at each so Ikon didn't make sense. First time I've ever had one of these passes!

Jersey Ski Girl

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for this context. I ended up buying the MCP last night because I'm planning to hit 4-5 resorts this year, but won't be going much more than 1-2 days at each so Ikon didn't make sense. First time I've ever had one of these passes!
Sounds good! So true!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Although the initial idea for the MCP was to limit the locations to one per region, it quickly shifted to be perfect for someone planning what you have in mind. It has a lower entry price, is great for checking out a new resort for a couple days, and provides the flexibility to add a 3rd or 4th day for a lower price than is available online. 50% off is a good deal for an additional day or two. Especially for someone who has paid for a plane ticket.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The $509 price for the MCP might be gone by Thanksgiving. Most likely will go up to $529 until the week before Christmas.

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 9.12.16 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
The $529 price will probably end before Christmas week. In the last few years, the MCP was available after the holidays until late January but there will be another price increase.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Final price for MCP 2019-20 is $579, a $50 jump from early Dec. Wonder if the late Dec snowstorms were a factor in setting the price?

Based on the last few years, the MCP will not be available after late Jan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna