• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mount Point Issues?

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Folks I know with phantom add a spray on wax for sticky spring conditions. https://www.toko.ch/en/wax-tools/

I use this liquid wax, but I don’t have phantom so I don’t know how it would work. This is easy to apply and makes a big difference for those stop and go conditions. I gave some to @ski diva during our spring in February at diva west.
Awesome, thanks for the tip! I'll pick some up and give it a go.

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have you considered having your bindings mounted a bit back of the line? I wonder if that would help with the stance.
I haven't considered that. I already feel like I'm on the tails of the Nelas, so I think that would make it more difficult (or at least, in theory). If I end up still having issues after getting my delta flat, I'm going to revisit the mount point issue. I'll probably go back to PJ with some videos and see if he can figure out what the deal might be.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tagging onto this thread again---today I took my Sheeva 9s out (these are skis I thought I might be having binding delta issues with). They weren't as bad as I remembered ie. didn't feel like a lot work or like I was in the backseat today quite as much. I still feel like I'm slightly better balanced on my skis that have a negative delta but the Sheevas weren't bad. Now I'm wondering if it's just the conditions. Usually I reserve the Sheevas for powder or spring slush. Today I took them out early before it got deep and slushy so I had more of a smoother experience on them early on. They seemed fine early on but I did get thrown back more once it got deep, but that is the sort of conditions that are challenging for me anyway. I took a lesson and the instructor said I'm not in the backseat at least not as a rule (not to say I didn't get tossed there occasionally). So now, I'm not sure what to think about why my fore/aft just seems a bit different on these skis--delta or conditions?

MissySki

Angel Diva
I wanted to resurrect this thread because the topic of my experience with the Santa Ana 93s came up at the ski expo this past weekend. My season got cut early last year, so I didn’t have a chance to get back to playing with my skis after starting this thread beyond checking them visually with a true bar. I am hoping to figure things out with them early this season (I do also plan to get them tuned to ensure there is nothing weird with that) otherwise I will likely just sell them or mount with demo bindings to mimic what I tried to begin with. Ski season is too short to deal with annoying problems like this for too long before cutting my losses!

Anyway, at the ski expo I went to the Nordica booth to discuss the fact that I had loved the demo I did of the Santa Ana 93 last season, but hated the skis I bought and mounted with regular bindings. I’m not sure exactly what I was expecting them to say about it, but I was mostly wondering if they might have any information on how they mount their demo bindings and whether I could possibly be at a different spot onnthe ski with my bindings etc.

Well, long story short, the rep realized quite quickly that he remembered me and @lisamamot from the demo day we did last season. And he remembered that I was super enthusiastic about the Santa Ana 93 and 98 and demoed them more than once throughout the day etc. He seemed to genuinely care that I was describing a bad experience once I actually bought a pair and wants to figure out why. We discussed his thoughts on it, but didn’t get much past what we’ve all discussed here. He didn’t believe that the demo binding would have me forward of where I would be on my ski if they are mounted correctly. He wants me to come test out the demos again at Sunday River’s upcoming demo day in early December to see if those still feel good, and to bring my skis to compare the mounting point. He wasn’t sure if he would be the rep at this year’s demo day or not so he also gave me his card to let him know what happens if he isn’t there and said we would make it right.

We’ll see what happens. I was impressed that he remembered our interaction (as I hadn’t recognized him as the rep who had been there until he said it) and seemed to very much care about the outcome. That made me feel really good about Nordica who I do genuinely like as a brand for these aorta of reasons along with their major emphasis on women’s product technology.

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wanted to resurrect this thread because the topic of my experience with the Santa Ana 93s came up at the ski expo this past weekend. My season got cut early last year, so I didn’t have a chance to get back to playing with my skis after starting this thread beyond checking them visually with a true bar. I am hoping to figure things out with them early this season (I do also plan to get them tuned to ensure there is nothing weird with that) otherwise I will likely just sell them or mount with demo bindings to mimic what I tried to begin with. Ski season is too short to deal with annoying problems like this for too long before cutting my losses!

Anyway, at the ski expo I went to the Nordica booth to discuss the fact that I had loved the demo I did of the Santa Ana 93 last season, but hated the skis I bought and mounted with regular bindings. I’m not sure exactly what I was expecting them to say about it, but I was mostly wondering if they might have any information on how they mount their demo bindings and whether I could possibly be at a different spot onnthe ski with my bindings etc.

Well, long story short, the rep realized quite quickly that he remembered me and @lisamamot from the demo day we did last season. And he remembered that I was super enthusiastic about the Santa Ana 93 and 98 and demoed them more than once throughout the day etc. He seemed to genuinely care that I was describing a bad experience once I actually bought a pair and wants to figure out why. We discussed his thoughts on it, but didn’t get much past what we’ve all discussed here. He didn’t believe that the demo binding would have me forward of where I would be on my ski if they are mounted correctly. He wants me to come test out the demos again at Sunday River’s upcoming demo day in early December to see if those still feel good, and to bring my skis to compare the mounting point. He wasn’t sure if he would be the rep at this year’s demo day or not so he also gave me his card to let him know what happens if he isn’t there and said we would make it right.

We’ll see what happens. I was impressed that he remembered our interaction (as I hadn’t recognized him as the rep who had been there until he said it) and seemed to very much care about the outcome. That made me feel really good about Nordica who I do genuinely like as a brand for these aorta of reasons along with their major emphasis on women’s product technology.
I hope you are able to get it all figured out. It's the pits to demo a ski, love it, get your own, then struggle to even enjoy it. :( Will you give us an update when you can? I haven't been out yet this year, it's been a warm wet start in PA. Roundtop is open, but work has been too insane for me to sneak away yet.

I ended up having my bindings on the SA's shimmed up, but haven't been back out on them since then. I'm hoping that does the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly