• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

More whining from Newboots

newboots

Angel Diva
Doctor said nothing is torn. X-ray showed mild arthritis in that knee [plus everywhere else] and he said the fall likely aggravated it.
Hooray!

Knees are so vulnerable; it’s scary. All good now!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Doctor said nothing is torn. X-ray showed mild arthritis in that knee [plus everywhere else] and he said the fall likely aggravated it.
Hooray!

Knees are so vulnerable; it’s scary. All good now!

I’m glad it was nothing beyond the obvious problem!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Aah, good luck with the knee!! Hopefully everything is fine and it's just a bit angry from the fall. Let us know!

I had a scary fall about 18 months ago where I fell, it hurt, once I started moving I realised I was ok, I got up and skied another two runs, and only once I took my skis off for a break I realised that I couldn't really walk on it at all. :doh: I was sufficiently unnerved to immediately pay a lot of money for the doctor at the ski area med center to look at me and do the manual tests on my knee to check for torn things. It ended up being fine though!! They said it seemed to be a mild LCL sprain and told me to take it easy. Since I couldn't walk but I could ski, I skied cruisy groomers the rest of the day out of sheer idiocy, and then took a week or two off skiing.

Anyway the conclusion here is that we all worry a lot about knee pain so you're in good company :bounce: I could not even wait two days to see my physio back at home, I had to get my fears assuaged RIGHT THEN AND THERE at the ski area!!

You just never know about knees. I had this situation many years ago where I fell and could ski down but once I took the skis off I knew I was in trouble. Turned out to be a tibia plateau fracture. Unfortunately I had to fly home before seeing a doctor. Ouch! Better to get it checked out immediately.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna