• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

More shameless promotion: Mr. Ski Diva's Book Tour

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I know -- I should be horsewhipped. But I can't help myself!

Here's the schedule (so far) for the national book tour being planned to promote my husband, Jon's, forthcoming novel from Random House, Finn. The tour starts the end of February (the release date is February 20), so there's plenty of time to plan. Maybe he's coming to a city near you -- in which case, be sure to stop by and identify yourself as a Diva!

As I said in an earlier thread, Random House says it's going to be their major book for the Spring '07. Which is VERY exciting. So you'll be seeing it everywhere -- on the front tables at Borders and Barnes & Noble, maybe even Costco. You can even pre-order it now from Amazon.com or Booksamillion.com or any one of a multitude of book sites.

Basically, it's the story of Huckleberry Finn's father. However, you don't need to know anything about HF to read it; it stands entirely alone. It's about racism, madness, alcoholism, slavery, dysfunctional relationships. love, murder, greed, & disillusionment. It's very dark and very powerful. And I must say, it's beautifully written (really). Picture Cormac McCarthy meet William Faulkner.

Anyway, here's the schedule through the end of March (I plan to attend the first two. Then, you know, it's ski season!):

Monday, February 26 — ARLINGTON, VA
OLSSON'S BOOKS & RECORDS
Time TBD

Tuesday, February 27 — Philadelphia, PA
UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA BARNES & NOBLE
7:00 PM

Wednesday, February 28 — Toronto, ON
HARBOURFRONT CENTER
7:30 PM

Monday, March 5 — Decatur, GA
GEORGIA CENTER FOR THE BOOK
7:15 PM

Tuesday, March 6 — Memphis, TN
DAVIS-KIDD BOOKSELLERS
6:00 PM

Wednesday, March 7 — Jackson, MS
LEMURIA BOOKSTORE
5:00 PM

Thursday, March 8 — Oxford, MS
SQUARE BOOKS
Time TBD

Friday, March 9 — Jacksonville, FL
THE BOOKMARK

Wednesday, March 14 — Seattle (Lake Forest Park), WA
THIRD PLACE BOOKS

Thursday, March 15 — San Francisco/Oakland, CA
A GREAT GOOD PLACE FOR BOOKS
Time TBD

Monday, March 19 — Milwaukee, WI
HARRY W. SCHWARTZ BOOKSHOP

Tuesday, March 20 — Madison, WI
BORDERS (Location TBD)

Thursday-Saturday, March 22-24 — Ft. Lauderdale FL
BROWARD COUNTY LIBRARY LITERARY FEAST
Events and Times TBD

Tuesday, March 27 — West Chester, PA
CHESTER COUNTY BOOK COMPANY
7:30 PM

Friday, March 30 — Manchester Center, VT
NORTHSHIRE BOOKSTORE

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
No, I'm only going to the first two events, for two reasons: First, Random House is only paying for his expenses and travel. And two, look at the time of year! It's ski season!!!! Believe me, he understands. I'll just have to ski alot so I'm not quite so lonely (sniff!). Hoping to get up to Jay during that time (March) to ski with Thatsagirl (she mentions setting up a date in this thread). Maybe you could come then, too -- hey, we could make it a Diva Day!

Jilly

Staff member
I sort of figured you wouldn't be travelling that time of season. But ....... OK I have really thinking about Jay. We have the condo at Tremblant, but maybe that weekend or day could be a "male bonding experience" and I won't feel guilty about not being there. Also I've got a ski-galfriend that would benefit from an outing away from the male of the house.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds great! Thatsagirl says she'll post something closer to March, so as they say, details to follow.

All the same, you may want to go to Toronto on Feb. 28, anyway!

eng_ch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know it's t'Interweb, but do you feel able to give more of a name, SD? If I go into the English bookshop in Zurich and ask for "Finn" by Jon Diva I'm going to get some strange looks ;)

Oh and mega congrats to him - you must both be chuffed to bits

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Oh you are so right! There's a link to his web site on the "Links" page of this site (you can get there by clicking on "Links" at the bottom of the page). Also, foreign rights have not yet sold, though I hear that's heating up (could come any day). Right now if you live outside the US, your best bet is the States' Amazon.com. (Click here to go to his listing there; the book's already available for pre-orders).

By the way, film rights are for sale, too, so all you Hollywood producers, take note! :D

Yes, and we are "chuffed to bits." I don't know what that means, but it sounds about right.

eng_ch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I suppose the closest definition of "chuffed" is a combination of very pleased and quite proud

Thanks, I'll go read the link

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Eng_ch
If you can't find the book, one of us can get one to you when it's out.
I can hardly wait.
Do you think it will be available on cd, so I can listen while driving?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad you asked! They just started recording the audio book today.

It'll be available on CD at bookstores (like Barnes & Noble), as well as downloadable from Audible.com.

Marigee

Angel Diva
Hey SkiDiva. I have put Feb.26 on my calendar. I am only about 20 miles outside D.C. I don't work on Mondays, so if I can I will try to get there. I can get a signed copy of Mr. SkiDiva's book - and have a chat with you as well!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly