• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mono-Suit: Yea or Nay?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have three vintage onesies and one contemporary one, all picked up at thrift shops and in great shape. I've worn them on occasion, and regretted it each time.

I like to put on and take off layers during the day as the temps change. Onesies don't make that easy. I'll either be too cold or too warm for parts of the day, and I'm sensitive and intolerant of such discomforts.

Pealing down the top in the lodge is awkward. I have to tie the arms around my waist, and the large hip-level lumpy blobs of cloth hanging off me bump into people and tables and chairs. Those blobs pose a real problem in small stalls in the bathroom.

I should probably Marie Kondo them all.

Littlesonique

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love my onsies!! Fall and no snow gets all up in your back. They have vents to keep temperature controls so I'm never overly hot. Bathroom breaks suck but, I have figured out that you need to tie the arms together around your lower waist before going or they are all over the place and it's not fun! I do the same in the lodge for lunch. Arms tied around my wait.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've seen a few base layer onesies that have some strategic zipper placements to make it easier to use the bathroom without taking the whole thing off - seen this in a few bibs too - would make sense to implement this in one piece outerwear too! Though arms tied around the waist sounds like a sensible solution :smile:

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Arms tied around the waist, for me, makes me feel like the MIchelin woMan. Like so.
Woman-in-a-Michelin-Man-Suit--101618.jpg

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Perhaps in the east. I've seen senior women in one-piece ski suits in recent years. They are part of the Wild Old Bunch. These are seniors who will ski on groomers if that's all that's good, but are really much more interested in off-piste terrain after a snowstorm. They usually show up early and head home by lunch time. The snow snobs only show up during late season when there is good snow. For a retired couple who is spending the winter in SLC, the snow snob is just as likely to be the wife as the husband.
That's future me!!! LOL #retirementgoals.

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A third vote that a loose tie of the arms as soon as you slide off the top prevents your bathroom woes. And not having another item squished on your waist is comfortable.... hmmm $1200 you say? Probably need to find another budget option

Candebsna

Certified Ski Diva
My son wears one, we call it a fart bag. lol that said, lots of onesies in Aspen last year! That's the capital of ski fashion!

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
I wore one on April Fools Day a few years ago (totally retro - orange and purple) and we had a surprise. A foot of powder. I was a novice skier and suffice it to say, the constant falling was quite improved by the onesie. Too bad my goggles and glasses couldn’t cooperate. Finally went down without either and could actually see better! (My vision os 20/600.)View attachment 11249
Is a matching couples onesie thing, a thing now? I was at Hunter on Monday and there were two middle-aged adults, a man and a woman, wearing perfectly matching, brightly colored, tropical patterned onesies! They looked brand new!

newboots

Angel Diva
Is a matching couples onesie thing, a thing now? I was at Hunter on Monday and there were two middle-aged adults, a man and a woman, wearing perfectly matching, brightly colored, tropical patterned onesies! They looked brand new!

Funny! These were old, from the 70s. It sure was fun!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna