• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mono-Suit: Yea or Nay?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I've never worn a onesie, but I hear they're very warm. The numbers look amazing, but still, I'm not a fan.

Oh, you neglected to post the price. I looked it up, and it's $1,249.99.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had a powder suit and it was the best thing for keeping out cold. I still have it and if I ever lose some pounds, I'd wear it for a retro day.

newboots

Angel Diva
I wore one on April Fools Day a few years ago (totally retro - orange and purple) and we had a surprise. A foot of powder. I was a novice skier and suffice it to say, the constant falling was quite improved by the onesie. Too bad my goggles and glasses couldn’t cooperate. Finally went down without either and could actually see better! (My vision os 20/600.)FCE702F2-F329-4055-93D7-A5218FDEF7FF.jpeg

newboots

Angel Diva

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Wait a minute. I had several one piece ski suits, some insulated plus one really nice HellyHansen shell with pit zips.
Cons: yes half your suit could end up in the toilet if you're not careful. Also walking around ski lodge with top half of your suit wrapped around your waist.
Pros: So warm you never get cold.
More Pros: Bought a Colmar stretch pants bottom with connected puffy top at consignment store in Aspen for maybe $50 many years ago. It was previously owned by Goldie Hawn.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I think it’s a younger millennial/generation Z thing.
Perhaps in the east. I've seen senior women in one-piece ski suits in recent years. They are part of the Wild Old Bunch. These are seniors who will ski on groomers if that's all that's good, but are really much more interested in off-piste terrain after a snowstorm. They usually show up early and head home by lunch time. The snow snobs only show up during late season when there is good snow. For a retired couple who is spending the winter in SLC, the snow snob is just as likely to be the wife as the husband.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Perhaps in the east. I've seen senior women in one-piece ski suits in recent years. They are part of the Wild Old Bunch.

I agree. I saw people wearing them at Stratton last season and a lot in Aspen. Variety of ages, definitely not all younger people.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna