• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mogul Mentality

MissySki

Angel Diva
Oh moguls.. the love/hate relationship is real! Can’t wait to work on them again this season, except for the part where they inevitably make me feel like I can’t ski at all :hole: I always think, this is the year I will conquer moguls! Still waiting tor more of an epiphany to happen lol. I can get down, but I really want to make progress on it feeling flowy instead of awkward. I wonder if that will ever happen in steeper bumps for me.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Oh moguls.. the love/hate relationship is real! Can’t wait to work on them again this season, except for the part where they inevitably make me feel like I can’t ski at all :hole: I always think, this is the year I will conquer moguls! Still waiting tor more of an epiphany to happen lol. I can get down, but I really want to make progress on it feeling flowy instead of awkward. I wonder if that will ever happen in steeper bumps for me.
Since you’ll be in VT for Diva East, I can find out how far in advance the Mad for Moguls clinic at Mad River Glen needs to be booked if you want:

The Mad River Glen Adult Ski School guarantees that they can make mogul skiing easier. The goal is to coach a mogul technique that is easier on your body and allows you to ski moguls for your whole life. Skiers of all ages will love this new program and it is a must for anyone who wants to be able to tackle our legendary bumps! These all-day clinics are available by advance reservation only. Minimum of 2, maximum of 4 skiers per group. These clinics begin at 10 AM with a 2-hour morning session designed to assess your abilities and introduce you to the philosophy.

Cost is a very reasonable $105 per person for 2 hours or $200 for all day, not including lift ticket. Can also see if they’ll sell you a discounted lift ticket to take the lesson.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Since you’ll be in VT for Diva East, I can find out how far in advance the Mad for Moguls clinic at Mad River Glen needs to be booked if you want:

The Mad River Glen Adult Ski School guarantees that they can make mogul skiing easier. The goal is to coach a mogul technique that is easier on your body and allows you to ski moguls for your whole life. Skiers of all ages will love this new program and it is a must for anyone who wants to be able to tackle our legendary bumps! These all-day clinics are available by advance reservation only. Minimum of 2, maximum of 4 skiers per group. These clinics begin at 10 AM with a 2-hour morning session designed to assess your abilities and introduce you to the philosophy.

Cost is a very reasonable $105 per person for 2 hours or $200 for all day, not including lift ticket. Can also see if they’ll sell you a discounted lift ticket to take the lesson.
Do you have a link?

MissySki

Angel Diva

I am interested, but depending what others are doing if it's only 1 day there. I've only been to MRG once and did a private lesson, so would also like to free ski there with some Divas too.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am interested, but depending what others are doing if it's only 1 day there. I've only been to MRG once and did a private lesson, so would also like to free ski there with some Divas too.
Would you like to organize a one day meet-up at Mad River Glen with a new thread? I'd love to come if the date worked for me.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Do you have a link?

Scroll towards the very end.

The Saturday after Diva East is their monthly day-long women’s clinic. May be a good option for people who want to extend their trip to Vermont and take a ski clinic. I had a great time the one time I went

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Scroll towards the very end.

The Saturday after Diva East is their monthly day-long women’s clinic. May be a good option for people who want to extend their trip to Vermont and take a ski clinic. I had a great time the one time I went
I looked at the site. I can't find anything identifying the days this clinic is held. I even clicked on "register" and it has a big blank box for me to fill in with the date. No approved dates are there.

I am very bad at scanning test. I miss things. I know these days I've posted my frustrations about things like this and then someone posts something highlighting what I missed, which was right there in front of my eyes all along. So I'm hoping someone will do this for me this time too.

Also, can someone post the dates of Diva East here so I (and others) can find the date of that Saturday after it which @ilovepugs mentioned above?

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 5.52.35 PM.png
I m

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I looked at the site. I can't find anything identifying the days this clinic is held. I even clicked on "register" and it has a big blank box for me to fill in with the date. No approved dates are there.

I am very bad at scanning test. I miss things. I know these days I've posted my frustrations about things like this and then someone posts something highlighting what I missed, which was right there in front of my eyes all along. So I'm hoping someone will do this for me this time too.

View attachment 19338
I m
You just need to contact in advance to organize a date. They will try their best to accommodate your request. It’s an ad-hoc clinic that they organize based on requests from skiers. Like booking a bespoke group lesson.

You didn’t miss anything!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
662A6AFD-F5CD-4F87-A890-88DFC7D28A4A.pngThe women’s Saturday alpine clinics have set dates including February 4, the Saturday after Diva East. They split based on ability level from progressing intermediates to strong skiers who want to refine their tree and bump techniques.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Unfortunately (also fortunately) I'll be in Taos that day. Skiing moguls.

I'm wondering how the teaching and the bumps will be different when comparing Taos instruction on their bumps and Mad River Glen's instruction on their bumps. The bumps won't match. I'd like to know the differences in the teaching.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Unfortunately (also fortunately) I'll be in Taos that day. Skiing moguls.
There are other options! January 7 and March 4 (last day of Diva West). Saved you some scanning.

The January clinic was canceled last year due to lack of snow. They offered a refund but I just rolled it over to private lessons… ended up having an awesome lesson near the end of the season that really leveled me up and gave me some tactics to work on my bumps. Will ask for that instructor again in the future — I forgot her name, but the ski school keeps a file on each student so they’ll be able to look it up!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks. I did miss finding these dates.

Jan 7 is an option for me.
Are these dates something you found listed under women's clinics? I was thinking Mogul Mentality was separate, a thing all by itself.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Thanks. I did miss finding these dates.

Jan 7 is an option for me.
Are these dates something you found listed under women's clinics? I was thinking Mogul Mentality was separate, a thing all by itself.
Yes, you’ve got it right. The women’s alpine clinic is for a variety of techniques and skill levels and not strictly mogul-focused.

Mad for Moguls is a separate clinic, all by itself. Arranged for 2 or more people by request.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I'm wondering how the teaching and the bumps will be different when comparing Taos instruction on their bumps and Mad River Glen's instruction on their bumps. The bumps won't match. I'd like to know the differences in the teaching.

I’m very curious too. If you wanted to do a Mad for Moguls clinic, I (or my husband who’s a much stronger skier) would be interested in joining up. Only weekends work for me, unfortunately, but aside from a two week window around Diva West I should be able to ski with you on any Saturday or Sunday (which predictably would be less crowded).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly