• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Midwest's First Bubble Chair is coming to the Highlands!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about you, but I love bubble chairs. On a windy or bad weather day, they're a great way to stay warm. Plus unlike a gondola, you don't have to take off your skis.

The Highlands is going to be installing a 6-person bubble for the '23-'24 season. It'll be called the Camelot 6.

Last edited:

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I don't know about you, but I love bubble chairs. On a windy or bad weather day, they're a great way to stay warm. Plus I love how you don't have to take off your skis.

The Highlands is going to be installing a 6-person bubble for the '23-'24 season. It'll be called the Camelot 6.
Highlands? What state is it located?
One of our mountains is called Highalnds in Aspen. But, I think that is not what you are referring....

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As someone who has ever only seen and ridden on one in Japan, I have a question. Do bubble chairs in the US close automatically when users load or does it have to be pulled down manually? I ask only because they now scare me to bits and pieces. Many if not most of the ones in Japan close automatically and I had my head down and it put an insane amount of pressure on my neck in a very dangerous position. Sure hope ours a more user forgiving.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
As someone who has ever only seen and ridden on one in Japan, I have a question. Do bubble chairs in the US close automatically when users load or does it have to be pulled down manually? I ask only because they now scare me to bits and pieces. Many if not most of the ones in Japan close automatically and I had my head down and it put an insane amount of pressure on my neck in a very dangerous position. Sure hope ours a more user forgiving.

I speak from experience with the bubble chair at Okemo. That one needs to be closed manually (on nice days, you don't want it down), though it opens automatically.

marzNC

Angel Diva
So far, all the bubble chairs in the USA require the bubble section to be pulled down manually.

However, what Boyne Resorts is about to install at The Highlands (formerly Boyne Highlands) will be the first 6-pack bubble chair that is automatic. The D-line bubble chairs at Big Sky have two components to pull down, the usual safety bar and an optional bubble. At the top, both lift up automatically. The other feature that is useful for people loading with children is that the operator can raise the loading belt area so that little ones don't have to jump up or be lifted to get seated.

September 20, 2022
"The fifth Boyne Resorts property to launch a D-Line detachable will be The Highlands, Michigan come 2023. Camelot 6 will include the first modern bubble chairs in the Midwest and the first fully automated safety bar system in the United States. Ergonomically designed D-Line seats will also feature heating and individual footrests. The lift will be the fastest in the Midwest with a line speed of six meters per second and ride time of just three minutes.
. . ."

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
In St Moritz, the bubble chair (I had no idea they were called that) automatically shuts upon moving and raises when need be. It was an 8 person chair I think and the oddest feeling. I think Kitzbuhel had one as well. Both were heated..... the oddest thing.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
In St Moritz, the bubble chair (I had no idea they were called that) automatically shuts upon moving and raises when need be. It was an 8 person chair I think and the oddest feeling. I think Kitzbuhel had one as well. Both were heated..... the oddest thing.
OMG -- I used to fantacize about something like that back when I used to night ski at Elk in PA, or even some daytime skiing in NY and VT (they hadn't been invented yet). Sounds awesome! Now, if you could only get some hot chocolate at the bottom to drink on the way up :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly