• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Midwest 2019-20 season for Michigan, MN/WI

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Our family will be getting the local season pass at Pine Knob/Mt Holly. My youngest dd who is hoping to make the varsity ski team this year has been practicing on the ski simulator all summer. Bought her new boots and she may do a Thanksgiving ski camp in CO. Where/when will you be skiing this upcoming season?

Jenny

Angel Diva
We'll likely do a few days at Boyne, since we have the IKON and it helps to get the per day cost of that down. Also, Caberfae, since all of our friends have their weekend pass. And we'll need to get in at least a day or two at Nubs, since that's really our favorite. Hopefully Searchmont will get enough snow to get back there - it's been a few years.

Jilly

Staff member
You mentioned...Mt Holly....perma-grin is race coach/instructor there. She's been off the board for awhile...

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Im in the twin cities so I'll be sticking around here. (Crossing fingers for finances to not suck this season and make a summer trip out to Hood) I hope to make it up to northern MN to Giant's ridge - go visit the place where I learned how to ski and hope to see old ski friends.
Trollhaugen is aiming to open like the 1st or 2nd weekend of Nov. Last year I remember skiing on Veterans day.

Bookworm

Angel Diva
I'm going to try to ski Giant's Ridge when I go home to Hibbing for Christmas. Last year, there was no snow and I didn't stay long enough to get any skiing in. I'll plan this year.
I hope to make it up to Petoskey sometime this winter so I can do a weekend at Boyne with my Ikon Pass. Also, have two trips out west planned. Hope for the same kind of snow we had last year!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Recently came across lesson programs in the midwest that may be old news to folks who ski there, especially families with kids. Was a bit confusing because three of them in different states are all called "Blizzard" but seem to be completely separate. These are "traveling" programs that not only provide multi-week lessons for kids ages 12-18 and adults, they also provide bus transportation that makes the day trips that much simpler. At least one program provides high school students with the opportunity to become instructors.

The Chicago school works at Wilmot. The other programs travel to multiple ski resorts in the region. I've heard of ski instructors who travel with ski clubs in eastern Canada but had never come across these sort of programs before. Makes more sense now why Vail Resorts moved in the midwest before the mid-Atlantic.

2013, City South Magazine (Twin Cities)
On the slopes with Blizzard Ski & Snowboard School

Blizzard Ski & Snowboard School, Minn., MN, since 1958
https://blizzardmn.com/programs/

Ski Jammers Ski & Snowboard School, Wayzata, MN, since 1964
https://www.skijammers.com/page/show/232532-home

Blizzard Ski & Snowboard School, Detroit, MI, since 1963
https://www.skikids.us

Blizzard Ski & Snowboard School, Chicago, over 55 years
https://www.blizzardskiclub.com

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sounds like people are gearing up for ski season in Michigan. The headlines on a MI ski website include the fact that the Indy Pass has 6 locations in MI. Also a note about the major renovations that started up at Boyne Highlands over the summer. Even in the summer of 2018 when I stopped by it was clear that Boyne Resorts had plans for moving to the next stage for Highlands.

https://www.michiganskier.com/ski-news/

10/5/19, mLIVE
Boyne Highlands resort renovation to bring luxury hotel, European-style spa

Highlands website about construction plans and updates
https://highlandsfuture.com

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wild mountain in WI is opening today
Cool! Getting open while it's still possible to get a discounted season pass seems like a good idea. I noticed that Wild Mountain offers a 6th grade pass, in addition to providing unlimited lift access for kids with a MN 4th Grade Passport.

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 3.47.50 PM.png

Duckie

Certified Ski Diva
I'm from MN and my husband and I are thinking of doing a U.P. tour with Big Powderhorn and Indianhead/Black Jack. Otherwise mainly skiing Minnesota and western Wisconsin.

Duckie

Certified Ski Diva
Im in the twin cities so I'll be sticking around here. (Crossing fingers for finances to not suck this season and make a summer trip out to Hood) I hope to make it up to northern MN to Giant's ridge - go visit the place where I learned how to ski and hope to see old ski friends.
Trollhaugen is aiming to open like the 1st or 2nd weekend of Nov. Last year I remember skiing on Veterans day.
Hello fellow Twin City Diva!! My son is a liftie at Trollhaugen, I think they will have some stuff open in a week or so.

Bookworm

Angel Diva
I'm going up from Chicago for Christmas. Going to try to hit some TC hills and then do Giant's Ridge when I'm in Bluejacket land.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hello fellow Twin City Diva!! My son is a liftie at Trollhaugen, I think they will have some stuff open in a week or so.
I just saw they announced they're opening on Friday afternoon.
Hi!!!!!!!! Finally another TC diva! Good to "meet" you. thought I was the only one here for awhile. I spent most of my season last season at Troll. And bought this years season pass there.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm going up from Chicago for Christmas. Going to try to hit some TC hills and then do Giant's Ridge when I'm in Bluejacket land.
That would be cool if we met up maybe. (You too Duckie)I'll be around tc Christmas week.
Good old blue jacket land. Its flippin COLD there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly