• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Midweek race programs for race kids?

SkiBabyMD

Certified Ski Diva
Any divas with kids doing race training during the weekdays? It seems to get to the “next level” of alpine race, kids need to do midweek training. Training is Wed PM and Thu-Sun all day for the U12/14 kids at my home mountain.

How do you fit in school with this kind of schedule? Would love to hear from divas that are doing this as we’re thinking of pursing this next year. DD11, DS11, and DD12 are all academically strong and I’d like to continue that but I’m not sure if we can excel both academically and skiing concurrently.

We’re from the SF Bay Area and Northstar Tahoe is our home mountain so we’re looking at a few private/charter schools there. Since it’s a move for us to Tahoe, DH said we mine as well look at ski academy’s in Utah or CO. Rowland Hall/Rowmark in Utah came up which seems to be the best of both worlds, but that seems like a giant leap for me!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly