• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mid-Atlantic/Southeast skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2021-22

marzNC

Angel Diva
Still no word on what will be offered on the full epic pass as they have not offered them for sale yet.
Based on the past few years, likely to be announcements about Epic for 2022-23 next week.

the rumor is that there will be a local epic pass that covers Vail owned resorts in PA.
That would make sense. Although including Hunter still would have advantages. Assuming Hunter can get back to being one of the first to open. Used to be open the week of Thanksgiving pretty regularly.

Vail Resorts seemed to be hoping DC/NoVA folks would think the Northeast Epic was a good deal and that they would make the drive to Hunter and/or Mount Snow. That hasn't gone over that well from what I can tell. Especially for those who can only ski on weekends.

Timberline is probably pulling a lot of people from the Pittsburgh area at this point. That's the primary competition for people who would consider a pass for 7Springs, Hidden Valley, and/or Laurel.

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Elk in PA announced today that their last day for the season will be tomorrow March 20th.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Elk in PA announced today that their last day for the season will be tomorrow March 20th.
I definitely have to get there next year. Epic messed that up. I've been going to Jack Frost instead. I doubt I'll get epic next year, so it's likely I'll make a trip or two (at least!) To Elk. I haven't been there in two years!

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I definitely have to get there next year. Epic messed that up. I've been going to Jack Frost instead. I doubt I'll get epic next year, so it's likely I'll make a trip or two (at least!) To Elk. I haven't been there in two years!
I didn't make it to Elk at all this year either. :frown: Between using my Ikon Pass and going to Montage I never made it up.

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
...and Montage just announced that tomorrow is their last day as well.

We fought it this season more than most before. So, it's quite fitting that after a dramatic snap to Spring, we're forced to call tomorrow March 20th our last day on the snow. Expert terrain on The Northface and Phoebe Snow lift will be open from 9am-5pm. No beginner or intermediate trails will be accessible. Lift tickets are $40. Any lift ticket purchased tomorrow will be a 100% donation to support the people of Ukraine. Midland will be open for some apres fun and we're looking forward to an amazing last day on the mountain with all of you..we'll see ya there!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here's a local article about how the season went for 7Springs, Hidden Valley, and Laurel Mountain that was based on communications from Vail Resorts. The sale to VR for $118 million was final on Dec. 31, 2021.

The senior manager who will be overseeing all three is Brett Cook. He grew up skiing at Roundtop. He had work experience in multiple departments at Roundtop, Liberty, and Whitetail (the former Showtime resorts), most recently as GM for Roundtop after VR become the owner as part of the Peak Resorts aquisition in 2019. The former GM for Roundtop did not stay to work for VR.

March 19, 2022

marzNC

Angel Diva
Massanutten managed to keep Paradice and the core trails open for the last day, March 20. Not bad consider temps were in the 60s for several days in the past week. The core trails are Diamond Jim, Lower Showtime, and Southern Comfort. Bonus trails were Paradice, Upper Showtime, and Easy Street (Geronimo).

Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 8.51.53 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Snowshoe will have trails in the main Basin area open for another week. In NC Beech, Sugar, and Cataloochee plan to have slopes open for another week. Sat, March 26 might end up the last day in NC.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly