• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2019-20

marzNC

Angel Diva
I think this weekend will be the end of the season in NC and VA. Massanutten, Bryce, and Wintergreen have special events planned. Not sure what will happen in WV yet since they got a lot more natural snow in early March.

Anyone know what's going on in PA in terms of closing dates?

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
Whitetail, Liberty, & Roundtop all will have their last day this Sunday, 3/15. I’m not sure I’ll go. My DH is actively discouraging any more trips. My ski season maybe over over :cry:.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Whitetail, Liberty, & Roundtop all will have their last day this Sunday, 3/15. I’m not sure I’ll go. My DH is actively discouraging any more trips. My ski season maybe over over :cry:.
Given the weather forecast, I'd say listen to him this time. Going to be pretty warm. Not really worth the driving time in my opinion.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Massanutten won't be open March 16-20 for sure due to low snow. And probably few people. I'll be surprised if they re-open the slopes after March 20.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Whitetail, Liberty, & Roundtop all will have their last day this Sunday, 3/15.
It's a little weird that the Whitetail website and Facebook page makes it look like the only reason they are closing is lack of snow. Last update was on 3/7. A lot has happened since then!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ski areas in PA are announcing closures. Blue Knob shut as of March 14 because it's on PA State Park land. Montage's last day is Sun, March 15.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Bryce, Massanutten, and Wintergreen are open today, March 14. Mnut and Wintergreen plan to be open Sun, March 15. Bryce cancelled Winterfest, which was scheduled for today.

marzNC

Angel Diva
No ski resorts is open in WV and VA.

However, NC is another story. Most of the ski areas closed over the weekend. Even Cat, which has plenty of snow for another week or two.

But although NC has a pro-active Governor and growing evidence of community spread in multiple counties, Sugar and App are still open on March 16. Sugar has announced it will close at 4:30pm on Tue, March 17. App is still pushing features and such. A lot of college students and young adults in Boone like to ski at App at night. Although most of the students should be home since spring break was extended and they won't be going back until early April at the earliest. <big sigh>

marzNC

Angel Diva
App in Boone, NC announced that today is their last day. Full refund for anyone who bought a ticket in advance for later on.

Sugar still intends to open tomorrow. Closing for the season at 4:30pm on March 17. So they'll be able to claim "last to close." Hopefully those who go to ski/board will be sensible. Not much terrain open. Only one way down from the top on blue trails. No black terrain open.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna