• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2019-20

marzNC

Angel Diva
Hopeful to get a few more days on the snow locally!
Was thinking of getting to Cat again. But going to be traveling with my brother-in-law so he can visit Biltmore before we pick up my daughter from UNCA for spring break. Skiing Cat when it's 100% open will have to happen some other season.

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@marzNC — it’s been hit and miss this year. Only a handful of days was I able to get there when totally open this year and upper snowbird I skied maybe twice because even then the snow coverage was sparse in places. Fingers crossed for a longer colder winter to come next year!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Given that the season is almost over in the southeast, there are a few ski areas that are selling season passes for 2020-21 for a little while. Cataloochee's sale ends March 3. Massanutten starts selling their pass on March 1 with an early bird perk. Snowshoe did something with the Ridiculous Pass already. May be worth checking websites if you have any interest in a season pass for next winter.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Yep I've already bought the Cataloochee pass for next year since they raised the age this year for the free senior pass. :hurt:
I'm probably going to get the Indy Pass again. Assuming Massanutten and Cataloochee are on it again. Still want to go check out Canaan Valley since it's not fitting in the schedule this season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Skied at Bryce and Massanutten today. Bryce had pretty nice snow, but it was too cold for it to soften so a little on the firm side. Guns were turned off even though the temperature was around 25 degrees when the lifts opens. Very nice vibe with all the families there today. Massanutten snow was very nice. Snowguns on all day on Paradice, DJ (fan guns only), and Upper Showtime.

Looking forward to Massanutten tomorrow.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great day at Camelback today. They were blowing snow and we got a surprise snow squall in the afternoon which made the whole area look like the inside of a snow globe.

LauraVa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skied at Bryce and Massanutten today. Bryce had pretty nice snow, but it was too cold for it to soften so a little on the firm side. Guns were turned off even though the temperature was around 25 degrees when the lifts opens. Very nice vibe with all the families there today. Massanutten snow was very nice. Snowguns on all day on Paradice, DJ (fan guns only), and Upper Showtime.

Looking forward to Massanutten tomorrow.
I saw you skiing on lift 5 today. Wanted to say hi, but there was no catching you :smile:. Great conditions today!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I saw you skiing on lift 5 today. Wanted to say hi, but there was no catching you :smile:. Great conditions today!
Great conditions indeed! The morning was fantastic, but even after it warmed up after lunch it was still good fun. 2-3 days of continuous snowmaking made a huge difference.

I was with friends all day so not looking for locals that much. Sorry I missed you. Hope you get to enjoy the next couple weeks. Certainly going to be better than one would've guessed a week ago.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Going to be more natural snow in WV by this weekend! Could be several inches at Snowshoe. Per usual, only tricky part will be the driving. Canaan Valley and Winterplace should get snow too.

The Snowshoe Ridiculous Pass is good for the rest of the spring, as well as in 2020-21. It's on sale until March 18.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The idea of selling passes for the next season before the current season is over is growing in the SE/MidA. Snowshoe has the Ridiculous Pass on sale until mid-March. Massanutten started sales for 2020-21. For renewing buyers, can get two 50% vouchers while new passholders can use the pass for the rest of March.

Massanutten Pass Sale for 2020-21, started March 1, 2020
Lock in this year's price for your 2020-2021 ski season pass!
Purchase before March 31 and ski or snowboard for FREE the rest of the 2019-20 season! Or, if you already have a 2019-20 ski season pass and purchase your 2020-21 ski season pass before March 31, you will receive two 50% OFF slope-use vouchers. Buy online or in-person at the ski office.

marzNC

Angel Diva
DCSki has an article specifically for Mid-Atlantic folks thinking about Ikon versus Epic for 2020-21. Fair to say that those who are in DC and used to have a Snowtime pass are still in transition. Next season will be the first where Epic is the only option for Liberty, Whitetail, and Roundtop. The new Epic Northeast options combine those three with Jack Frost/BB, Hunter, Mt. Snow, and VR locations in VT/NH. Need to read the access restrictions carefully.

March 3, 2020, DCSki
Epic vs. Ikon Pass: The Battle Begins

marzNC

Angel Diva
Snowshoe has March 15 listed as the closing date for Silver Creek, and March 29 for the main lifts/trails. However, the Ikon website has yet to be updated for 2020 closing dates.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Well, March brought snow to NC and WV. Not just a dusting either. Of course, in WV that meant the roads were really bad. Lots of accidents around Snowshoe apparently.

March 7, 2020, SkiSoutheast
Another Powder Weekend For West Virginia And North Carolina Resorts

Canaan Valley Resort – 5.5″ of new snow!
Snowshoe Mountain Resort picked up 11″ of new snow.
Beech Mountain Resort – 3″ of new snow!
Winterplace Resort – 3″ of new snow!
Wisp Resort – 2″
Cataloochee Ski Area – 2″ of snow and making tons!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly