• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2018-19

Unicorn

Diva in Training
Hello! I am a snowboarder who has just joined this group today. Was planning on going to Liberty on Sun, but the snow forecast for Snowshoe looks so tempting! Anyone going to Snowshoe this weekend?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Hello! I am a snowboarder who has just joined this group today. Was planning on going to Liberty on Sun, but the snow forecast for Snowshoe looks so tempting! Anyone going to Snowshoe this weekend?
Welcome! Are you thinking of a day trip? Where would you be driving from? WV roads are . . . narrow and twisty, and not much fun with any sort of snow on them.

Unicorn

Diva in Training
I didn’t know that! I have never been to WV. I would be coming from DC. I have found lodging for Fri to Sun, but am not quite sure how efficient they clear the roads near the resort. Maybe I should go to Liberty and do the Ollie contest instead and wait until next season... Thanks for the info!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I didn’t know that! I have never been to WV. I would be coming from DC. I have found lodging for Fri to Sun, but am not quite sure how efficient they clear the roads near the resort. Maybe I should go to Liberty and do the Ollie contest instead and wait until next season... Thanks for the info!

Are you looking for a driving partner, and do you have room for one more in your lodging?! I have snow tires mounted on my car!

Unicorn

Diva in Training
Looking for peeps to make turns together and perhaps sharing the driving and lodging with! But unfortunately while I snoozed, that $48/night lodging with hot tub in the village adjacent to a chair lift has been booked! Look forward to meeting you next season! Let me know if you are going to Liberty this Sun for the Base Bananza!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Unfortunately, it might be wishful thinking on my end - I have quite a bit of work to handle this weekend. I hope you get to go!

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
Debating if I should go to Liberty this Sunday to wrap up the local season. Likely would be the last weekend day for a long while, as I am not plunking down money for the Peak unlimited pass. Still debating about the Traveller pass...

marzNC

Angel Diva
Debating if I should go to Liberty this Sunday to wrap up the local season. Likely would be the last weekend day for a long while, as I am not plunking down money for the Peak unlimited pass. Still debating about the Traveller pass...
All depends on how much you are willing to drive farther to explore other ski areas within day trip or weekend trip distance of DC. What I found when I had a Massanutten full season pass was that I would be more likely to ski more. Breakeven was about 7 days if included two Saturdays. When I would take my daughter for ski weekends, with a pass then I would go ski for an hour or so at night after we arrived. For those long weekend trips, we would bring friends so the other mom would be with the girls. It meant I got more mileage, which was useful in the long run after I started taking lessons.

From what I've read about events on the last day of the season, can be a fun day in the sun if the weather cooperates. I've done late season trips to WV or VA with my daughter and enjoyed the soft snow.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The VA ski resorts are having a bit of a price war for early bird season passes. Wintergreen is making the most changes.

Massanutten is offering a 10% discount on the Full Season Pass to make the cost $405, plus a Buddy Pass, with a March 24, 2019 deadline (last day of the 2018-19 season), or $235 for the Special Value Pass. The implication is that the price for the Special Value Pass might go up for 2019-20.

Wintergreen is offering a full season pass to the general public that includes Sunday--a first--but the price is relatively steep at $899 early bird. What's brand new is the limited pass that is somewhat equivalent to the Mnut Value Pass. Of course, Highlands still doesn't have any lights so night skiing terrain is limited to green/blue trails.

Mission: Affordable Season Pass
Here’s the deal. Your pass is valid:

Every Monday-Friday (non-holiday), all hours
Saturdays and holiday periods beginning at 4 pm
Non-Holiday Sundays, all hours
Holiday Mondays (Martin Luther King, Presidents Day), all hours

Unicorn

Diva in Training

I will be at Liberty on Sunday! Let me know if you would like to make some turns together!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Maybe I should go to Liberty Sunday instead of Roundtop?! I’d love to meet up!

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Very tempted to join you all but I put on the storage wax last night and packed away the ski gear for the season. We had such a good time last week at Wisp with no wait lines and great turns that I wanted to end on that note. I put the money I would have spent on lodging at Snowshoe this weekend towards a new lightweight hammock for backpacking, so that has me excited for warmer weather. Sounds like fun activities at lots of resorts this weekend. Love those pond skims for great laughs. Have fun out there!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Apparently western PA got snow out of the system that dumped on WV, Plattekill, the NY Adirondacks, and New England. The reports are 3 inches at 7Springs, 3 inches at Hidden Valley, and 4 inches at Laurel Mountain. For this weekend, 7Springs open 9am-9pm, HV open 9am-7pm, and Laurel open 9am-4pm. 7Springs continues mid-week operations this week. LM is looking at weekend only, with no firm decision about March 30-31 yet. HV continue mid-week operations next week but only 10am-4:30pm.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Given the cooler weather predicted for the coming week, Massanutten hinted that the slopes might be open next weekend. Certainly plenty of folks enjoying the snow tubing during the late afternoon session. There are 8 lanes. That's a clear indication of the recent major additions to the snowmaking infrastructure. 5+ years ago during late season, usually only 4 lanes left for tubing even by mid-March even if the weather was reasonably cooperative after Pres. Day weekend.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sounds like there will be slopes open at Wisp, Massanutten, Bryce, and Snowshoe the last weekend of March. Coverage at Snowshoe is clearly better than previous years due to snowmaking enhancements installed last summer.

The last official ski day at Beech was Sat, March 23. But they threw a party with Lift 5 running in the morning for season passholders on Sun, March 24, with a cookout 11am-1pm.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly