• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2018-19

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
ABD7851A-06CB-4EA9-8591-BE25AC55104A.jpeg

A nice, sunny last day at Liberty with @Ski Sine Fine. Unfortunately, we met up with @Unicorn and on our first run down, she had a rough fall and injured her foot!!! Get well soon @Unicorn!

Unless the season is somehow extended through the first weekend of April, this is my last day riding in the mid-Atlantic. As mentioned in the Vermont thread, we are moving home!!!!! All of y’all here in the mid-A are always welcome to visit. Our place - wherever we land - will be within an hour of Stowe, Sugarbush and Smugglers, with Jay Peak just a bit further beyond.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
Beautiful picture! That spring slush was something, wasn’t it? I am so sorry @Unicorn got hurt. Get well soon! We were all too excited and forgot to make sure everyone did warm-up runs.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Montage apparently blew some snow last night per their FB page. At the end of March. Probably didn't make a ton but still kinda fun to see... and strange. April 6th will be their last day if they can make it. I'll be there this weekend to close out the season (we have plans on the 6th so won't make closing day).

marzNC

Angel Diva
Montage apparently blew some snow last night per their FB page. At the end of March. Probably didn't make a ton but still kinda fun to see... and strange. April 6th will be their last day if they can make it. I'll be there this weekend to close out the season (we have plans on the 6th so won't make closing day).
Cool!

Sounds like Montage had a pretty good season from the March 12 article I found. Reached the promised 100 days in mid-March. So no special discount for season pass holders next season. It's a nice little ski area. Good to see it doing well.

https://www.citizensvoice.com/news/ski-areas-flying-high-as-season-wraps-1.2456177

marzNC

Angel Diva
A few of the ski areas/resorts covered by SkiSE plan to be open for the last weekend of March. Closing day is on March 31 for Snowshoe in WV, Wisp in MD, Bryce in VA, Sugar in NC, and perhaps Cataloochee in NC. Massanutten will be open Sat, March 30, for a final day.

Conditions for Wed, 3/27/19
Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 1.35.18 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Apparently Camelback made enough snow to still be 100% open today. Offering free skiing to anyone with a season pass from any mountain.

Camelback and Montage will be open the last weekend of March. Anyone know if either is trying to be open the next week too?

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Apparently Camelback made enough snow to still be 100% open today. Offering free skiing to anyone with a season pass from any mountain.

Camelback and Montage will be open the last weekend of March. Anyone know if either is trying to be open the next week too?

Montage is/was aiming to close 4/6 so yeah, maybe. Jack Frost closed today but I think Boulder is still open for the forseeable future.

ETA: I doubt Frost closed due to lack of coverage. They tend to shut down once crowds drop. We were at Montage last weekend and they still had full coverage with a lot to spare.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
FYI... full season passes are available at Montage for $299 through 3/31. No gimmicks... full pass, no black out dates. They normally do this as a one day special (have the last two years) but this year it's good through 3/31.

ETA: We've been pass holders at Montage the last two seasons b/c $299 and overall their mgmt has been great with the new mgmt.

marzNC

Angel Diva
FYI... full season passes are available at Montage for $299 through 3/31. No gimmicks... full pass, no black out dates. They normally do this as a one day special (have the last two years) but this year it's good through 3/31.

ETA: We've been pass holders at Montage the last two seasons b/c $299 and overall their mgmt has been great with the new mgmt.
I enjoyed Montage during the early season Diva meetup in 2017. For advanced skiers and adventurous intermediates who live near there, certainly makes sense compared the direct competition in the region. Finally discovered a spot from a road where it's possible to see a little of the trails on the lower mountain when I went by there a few weeks ago.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Peak Resorts plans to spend $3.5 million for upgrades at the former Snowtime ski areas before the 2019-20 season.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/...oming-to-roundtop-other-area-ski-resorts.html

" . . .
“Liberty, Whitetail, and Roundtop are each known for their snowmaking prowess, which is critical when operating here in Pennsylvania,” Jesse Boyd, Senior VP of Operations at Peak Resorts, said in a press release. “The summer projects will serve to modernize and upgrade these snowmaking systems, allowing us to open earlier and with more terrain than ever before. We’ll be able to better take advantage of favorable early-season temperatures, as well as strengthen our ability to more rapidly bounce back from whatever Mother Nature throws at us.”

The improvements include pumping and system upgrades, the installation of new state-of-the-art fan guns and low-energy snow guns for energy efficiency.
. . ."

Like2Ski

Angel Diva
Does anyone know how Camelback is holding up? I know they say 100% open and the On the Snow reports look ok. I was planning on going Sunday and using my Catamount season pass for a free ticket. My friend has a lift ticket credit so she may join me. She says they lie about conditions though. Thanks for any info anyone has....

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, just a heads up... there's a discussion on Pugski about KSL potentially purchasing Camelback and a thread on PAskiandride about Vail potentially purchasing Blue Mountain (PA). The Vail thread originally started as an April Fools joke that, as it turns out, actually may have legs to it? I'm less sure of what's going on with Blue, but Phil did mention in the Camelback that there would be news coming out about Blue soon, so.... :noidea:

Last edited:

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Omg it would be amazing if my camelback superpass could convert into an ikon pass.... I’m already debating to get the ikon base pass for next year since I’m looking into Tremblant for Easter...

marzNC

Angel Diva
KSL potentially purchasing Camelback and a thread on PAskiandride about Vail potentially purchasing Blue Mountain (PA)
There has been discussion about potential for Vail Resorts to move into the Mid-Atlantic market on DCSki every so often in recent years. Especially after the purchases of the three ski resorts in the midwest. Now that Alterra has entered the scene, makes even more sense for both of them to be looking. It seemed pretty clear that the founder and owner of Snowtime (Roundtop, Liberty, Whitetail) didn't want to sell to either of the big players since he chose Peak Resorts instead.

From what I know of Blue in PA, there are similarities in terms of it's history as a family owned business to the midwest ski resorts owned by Vail Resorts.

marzNC

Angel Diva
There is a recent DCSki post that says a Camelback purchase by Alterra (what KSL evolved into) could come as early as May.

The deadline for the early bird price for Ikon passes is April 24.

marzNC

Angel Diva
If it does happen, I wonder what they will do for folks that already have both...
There is usually an arrangement worked out for people who have already bought a season pass for a single ski resort that is bought by a big multi-resort outfit. Can take a while for the details to get worked out. That's going on now for the two Australian ski resorts that Vail Resorts just purchased.

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
We just bit the bullet and bought Ikon passes for 2019-2020. I think Nutting wouldn't sell springs/hv/laurel....rumors were that they were looking though. But maybe that's because they've been looking everywhere...

On the bright side, maybe I can meet some of you at Snowshoe next season.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna