• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2016-17

marzNC

Angel Diva
@marzNC Great minds! Was just thinking about some kind of DC-area diva gathering this summer. We do have a large concentration of ladies in northern VA. I've only been ziplining once, but it may have spoiled me...it was on Hawaii in Kaua'i (link here in case anyone wants to add to their bucket list). Most amazing thing I've ever done!

Maybe a Sunday would work well since it did last time? I'm up for anything, (although I confess to being a bit of a heat and humidity wimp in the summer). There are also some SUP and canoe and kayak options in Northern VA is anyone is up for that. Also a favorite non-touristy and very historic national park with easy riverside shaded hiking and beautiful views.

What do others think? Maybe we should start a new meet on the hill thread...
Perhaps a little soon for a planning thread. Just wanted to get the idea out there for people to think about. Although having a thread for people to add their name to stay informed via PM could be useful. I know most people don't check ski forums too often once their season is completely over.

Agree on wanting to avoid the heat. That would be a reason to do something in the VA mountains.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Elk's last day will be April 1 (if not beforehand - they're expecting a lot of rain tomorrow). I'm going to try to get up there one more day. It sure would be easier if they offered late season rates...

marzNC

Angel Diva
Perhaps a little soon for a planning thread. Just wanted to get the idea out there for people to think about. Although having a thread for people to add their name to stay informed via PM could be useful. I know most people don't check ski forums too often once their season is completely over.

Agree on wanting to avoid the heat. That would be a reason to do something in the VA mountains.
I did start a thread asking about interest in Meet On the Hill. (Need enough Diva posts to see that section.)

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Blue Mountain (PA) is still planning to be open this weekend. Hope they make it! They're closed all this week to help preserve snow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna